Author Topic: An update from the UK  (Read 220 times)

gadget99

An update from the UK
« on: March 10, 2018, 04:47:33 AM »
First off I must apologise for the lateness of an update.

Mostly this is due to the confusing landscape of events here in the UK.

First of all I must highlight that any reporting by mainstream or alt media needs to be taken with a grain of salt. There are many hyped up stories out there that do not reflect well with reality.

First off. The whole immigrants and Muslims are taking over the UK is not a true reflection of the reality here.

So this leads to the prime subject of this update.

Brexit..........

As I originally reported. I had no issue with the populace taking a vote to leave the EU. That is what a democratic process should be about.

I however did take issue with a good deal of what surrounded the vote. The rhetoric and fabricated posturing influenced the sheep in this society to a large degree. So let's take a look at the current state of affairs.

1. There never has been and there still is not a coherent plan for transition out of the EU.
2. The UK government continues to stand by the position that they can cherry pick the benefits of being in the EU for continuation after leaving the EU. While the EU stands by the stance that leaving the EU means just what it says. The UK cannot cherry pick. You can guess which will hold true.
3. Leaving the EU means that there will not be any migrant workers from the EU to do the jobs that the lazy British refuse to do. Many business owners believe that they will be hit hard by this.
4. Companies that based operations in the UK due to the accessibility of the EU market are making plans to move out of the UK. Well there go massive amounts of jobs.
5. There is no plan to address the fact that the UK cannot generate enough energy to meet demand in the country and imports the deficit from the EU. (That gonna hurt)
6. The national health system is staffed by a lot of EU nationals and is seeing a major problem with staffing levels do to many staff returning home to continue their careers in preparation for Brexit.
7. At the moment the UK does not have the required capacity to grow enough food to feed the nation. The land is there yet the industry has been in decline for decades. The will be negatively impacted as migrant workers return to their home countries in the run up to Brexit.

There is more yet the theme remains the same.

I respect the will of the populace in this issue. Yet being a realist I find it distressing  that the decision was made absent of any planning or strategy.

Now for mine and my own I am not concerned due to having a plan for how to manage the likelihood of significant negative impact of Brexit on the UK.

Thank the Lord that the difficulties here pale in comparison to the troubles our S.A. members are facing.

Our prayers are with them.

On a side not of potential tin foil hat nature. I predict that when Brexit happens in about a year. The UK economy will take a major hit and not to long after we will get sucker punched by a more dangerous version of the flu virus. This would cause a cascade of failure that will cause major problems here in the UK.

Cheers All

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: An update from the UK
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 08:35:26 AM »
Thx Gadget99 for a that concise update!  :thumbsUp:

Maybe you could update the forum on what is happening with Russian poisoning thing.  The last I have heard over 20 folks have been affected.
Thx
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 08:46:30 AM »
Hi Gadget, where did the flu concern originate?  Just a "gut feeling" or something else?  It is amazing how little governments actually plan things, yet other times that have they plans for almost every contingency.  From my limited experience of working within a government agency, it seems that many government entities just run by the seat of their pants and really have no clue.

The average citizen is still totally screwed.   

gadget99

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 08:49:15 AM »
Thx Gadget99 for a that concise update! 

Maybe you could update the forum on what is happening with Russian poisoning thing.  The last I have heard over 20 folks have been affected.
Thx
Will do...

Unfortunately the Gov is keeping tight lips on the whole thing and it is hard to find reliable info on the event.

We do know that a nerve agent was used and that the officer that attended the scene to help them was affected. Yet there are questions as to when and where he was exposed. It appears that he visited the victims home after the incident so may have been exposed there.

The Gov refuses at the moment to identify what nerve agent was used.

It appears that the 20 other people affected received some form of medical screening, treatment or advise. The reports are pretty vague at the moment.

I am a bit concerned that it took until yesterday for the military to be called in as well as chemical warfare experts. I hope they do a lessons learned on this one to get their act together for future responses.

Will update if anything solid comes my way.

Cheers

gadget99

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 08:58:53 AM »
Hi Gadget, where did the flu concern originate?  Just a "gut feeling" or something else?  It is amazing how little governments actually plan things, yet other times that have they plans for almost every contingency.  From my limited experience of working within a government agency, it seems that many government entities just run by the seat of their pants and really have no clue.

The average citizen is still totally screwed.
The flu prediction is more of a gut feeling. It is well know that a flu pandemic is a when not an if event.

I cannot see the when in the equation being to far into the future.

So my gut tells me that there is a likelihood that the event could happen when the UK economy has taken a massive hit that will take a long time to recover from.

It would not even have to be the dreaded SHTF Pandemic. It could just be a very serious flu session that keeps people out of work for a week or so. In a situation where the economy is seriously fragile. The  consequences could be pretty high.

Heck last week we had a snow storm that hit pretty much all of the UK. It lasted about 3 days of disruption and there were food shortages, public service disruptions and such. All of that without a crashing economy.

Just my take on things.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 10:41:01 AM »
Gadget99 wrote, "Heck last week we had a snow storm that hit pretty much all of the UK. It lasted about 3 days of disruption and there were food shortages, public service disruptions and such. All of that without a crashing economy."

A good reason to have comms other than land/cell phones. Are you working on getting your radio license?  ;)

MrsMac and I re-watched "Lone Survivor" last night. The Fudged-Up mission was made worse by the failure of the comms.  :facepalm:

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

gadget99

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 12:21:41 PM »
Gadget99 wrote, "Heck last week we had a snow storm that hit pretty much all of the UK. It lasted about 3 days of disruption and there were food shortages, public service disruptions and such. All of that without a crashing economy."

A good reason to have comms other than land/cell phones. Are you working on getting your radio license?  ;)

MrsMac and I re-watched "Lone Survivor" last night. The Fudged-Up mission was made worse by the failure of the comms.  :facepalm:
Yep working the license issue.

We have a bunch on UV-5R and BF-888s radios at the moment.

We are also doing research on what we need to setup Mesh Network Nodes.

Serval Mesh is looking to be an answer for our needs.

http://www.servalproject.org

We believe we can build Serval Mesh Extenders that are battery and solar powered at a cheap enough price to be able to cover enough ground to be useful.

This allows for android phones to work without mobile networks.

Put the app on anyone in the community that we trust and we have comms with other capabilities.

I will update as we go.

This will be a long term project though.

Yeah comms for that mission were pretty bad.

Cheers