Off Topic/ B.S. > Entertainment Media

What is the name of the movie?

(1/5) > >>

Searchboss:
Last week a friend and I were discussing what types of scenarios might realistically prevail during an EMP or even a power outage that lasted longer than a few days, and how people might react to them. The ultimate goal was to offer advice to a new urban prepper we had met at an open meeting last month who was alarmed about what might happen. As often happens these days, as the discussion progressed, we started listing scenes in movies that we had seen that depicted such scenarios to offer as examples.

There was one movie that we both saw a few years ago that seemed like a good example. It involved a sudden power outage and a family that was reacting to it that provided one clear example of what could happen; unfortunately, neither one of us can remember the name of the movie. I am hoping that someone might recognize the plot and be able to tell me the name of the movie.

If I remember correctly, the father of a family of 4 was portrayed as a serious prepper, but his family was not invested in prepping. When the power went out he took his family to his well-stocked BoL where he had food and other supplies stored. At the time the power went out his teenage daughter had her boyfriend at the house, and she convinced her father to take him with the family when they bugged out. This proved to be a mistake as this boyfriend disagreed with keeping the family stored supplies for themselves and started to secretly steal the host family?s food and supplies and give them to desperate people in the neighborhood in the middle of the night. Ultimately these people decided to overrun the family compound and take their supplies. Just as this was taking place, the power suddenly came back on.

Do you know what the name of the movie might be? Thanks in advance for your help.

:what:

JohnyMac:
Searchboss, up front, I do not know. Hopefully someone here does though as the movie sounds interesting.

grizz:
Did it take place in a desert/bunker type setting or forest type setting?

It sounds familiar but I've seen so many I cant keep them straight lol

Searchboss:

--- Quote from: grizz on January 05, 2024, 12:53:55 PM ---Did it take place in a desert/bunker type setting or forest type setting?

It sounds familiar but I've seen so many I cant keep them straight lol

--- End quote ---

Grizz, it has been a while, and like you, I have seen quite a few prepper-related movies since then myself. To the best of my memory, it was set in a suburban setting.

pkveazey:
I haven't seen the movie, but if I had made it the name would have been "CASTRATION". That boy would become a little girl.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version