Author Topic: This war of mine  (Read 1231 times)

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
This war of mine
« on: December 01, 2014, 05:12:14 PM »
This War of Mine Launch Trailer - The Survivor

http://www.thiswarofmine.com

This War Of Mine provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle. For the very first time you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout. At night you get a chance to scavenge nearby locations for items that will help you stay alive.

Make life-and-death decisions driven by your conscience. Try to protect everybody from your shelter or sacrifice some of them to endure the hardships. During war, there are no good or bad decisions; there is only survival. The sooner you realize that, the better.

I started playing this game and its really cool. I'm not very wordy today, so I'll quote some other guy quick review.

kainfury • November 21, 2014 11:50 AM

This game is a real gem.
Yes it's depressive, and that's the goal of it:
"War is delightful to those who haven't experienced it - Erasmus".

Your characters will suffer in this game. When you think you have enough food, materials or water, something will mess everything up.

As your character slowly fall in despair, you eventually get in the same mood. But you'll still want to play, because you have hope you can make it through the war.

Brillant. 10/10

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
Re: This war of mine
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 05:47:14 PM »
Awesome theme for a game... But the 2D aspect is off-putting for many people.  Just my 2¢... considering I don't own a PC to play it on, or a console newer than a PS2 (which I haven't touched in years.)
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »
I like it isn't 3d, if it were it would need a top notch PC to run, it would be a multi million product, overly complicated that you need to spend a lot of hours playing, you have "the last of us", or any 3D shooter like "Far Cry 3" for instance if you like that kind of game.

These 2D design allows for a simplified gameplay and focus on character development and narrative to hook the player, I just would like it had voices instead of just text, but if you can give it a try.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 08:23:46 PM »
All good points APX, but still... I guess I'm spoiled from watching too much DayZ on Twitch & YT.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 08:25:19 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Burt Gummer

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 01:51:19 AM »
It's now on my steam wishlist and hopefully will be on the holiday sale roundup.  :dance:

Also i'd like to bring attention to a game us survivalists might like.

THE LONG DARK

The Long Dark is a thoughtful, exploration-survival experience that challenges solo players to think for themselves as they explore an expansive frozen wilderness in the aftermath of a geomagnetic disaster. There are no zombies -- only you, the cold, and all the threats Mother Nature can muster.

Just got it on sale and will be playing it this weekend. ;D