Author Topic: Started a new YT  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Started a new YT
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:15:22 PM »
Going to be mostly video logs while riding. Topics will very but I will be hitting the politics/prepping/anarchist type of stuff.
My wife ( whos name I stole that some here will recognize but if you knew the wife you'd agree that she deserves the title 10k more times than that other motard did. ) will be hitting female stuff. I would really appreciate a like and a sub from you guys.

Eventually I want to start up an online retail business with t shirts stickers and other small miscilanious items.

We're on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and youtube.

Anyway. Here's the channels trailer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jq-MP0mDgWE

Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
Re: Started a new YT
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:44:27 AM »
Hey man good luck on your new project , a few likes on your way :pirateThumbUp:
Don't forget to include your social media links in the videos and it would be awesome if you upload the videos in HD, and eventually you'll need to show your faces in the videos.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:47:46 AM by APX808 »

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 08:11:30 AM »
Hey man good luck on your new project , a few likes on your way :pirateThumbUp:
Don't forget to include your social media links in the videos and it would be awesome if you upload the videos in HD, and eventually you'll need to show your faces in the videos.

The links I ca fix.
The HD im actually having trouble with i protuned them and for some reason the audio won't play with it when it's been upgraded. Further research to follow.

Our faces. Nope can't/wont
With the stuff were  going to be talking about our careers might be in danger :-)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 04:09:34 PM by Reaver »
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 08:44:55 AM »
Great first post!  :pirateThumbUp:

Make sure you set up a script or outline of what you want to accomplish in each video post. An example might be:

1) 15-sec intro of you and others riding with sync'd music
2) Meat of the video
    - You talking about:
       * Politics (You can leave your helmet on  ;) )
       * Bike Maintenance
       * Shooting at the range
       * Carrying EDC tools
       * Etc
3) 15- 20 sec of exit video similar to the intro but with credits

Keep the whole video to under 5 min.

Good luck and have fun...
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 10:31:12 AM »
I've never vlogged or even uploaded a video to YT... But I am a YT junkie.  With that said, here is my honest advice:

The single most annoying thing about most vlogs is the annoying long intros on every f'ing video.  The longer, the more annoying ~ The shorter, the less annoying.  So please avoid the temptation to show off your newly learned editing skills with what you think is awesome footage & music.  No one wants to sit through the proverbial "in a gadda da vida" drum solo every time they watch your f'ing vlog.  What you think is an awesome intro only serves as a time-vampire for everyone else who might want to actually hear what you have to say.

If I had a vlog (not gonna happen) and wanted an intro, the intros would be no longer than 5 seconds - Use some sort of recognizable logo/icon/avatar - Maybe some background footage or animation - Maybe some music/sound fx.  Keep it short short and sweet so that the meat of the vlog stands out.

On another note:  Feel free to make your outro as long as you like if you wish to provide onscreen info, or if you still feel the need to show off your newly learned editing skills.  That way your viewers can either watch it or just stop the video to get on with their lives.

P.S.  I discovered that some folks are very personally attached to their intros, kinda like a security blanket.  I have seen them throw a temper tantrun and even ban me from their YT channel for even the slightest mention that their intro is painfully long and only serves to take away from the actual vlog.  Don't be that guy.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:35:19 AM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 03:38:36 PM »
Special-K has some good advice there.   

Good first run though :thumbsUp: