Author Topic: Rainbow 6 "Patriots"  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Rainbow 6 "Patriots"
« on: November 14, 2011, 09:25:36 PM »
Wow.  Simply wow....

I just got the latest issue of game informer and the things big story is the latest installment of the Tom Clancey's series of games.  And boy am I pissed...

In recent history I can think of no other game that is so blatantly I heaping pile of liberal propagandist shit!  I'm not posting this from a computer so please do a search on and read the story for the game as well as the interview with the creator.  But have your blood pressure meds close.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: Rainbow 6 "Patriots"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 11:22:33 PM »
Well isn't that something....

Boonedawg

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 02:55:42 AM »
Right out of the DHS handbook...sad and scary at the same time.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 03:05:29 AM »
fucking speechless.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 03:40:33 AM »
Its ok, I'd rather fight video game commando's than real men any day.

Fuck you ubisoft. Reaver's boycott has commenced.

Here, Here's any one?
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline tominphx

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 07:26:09 AM »
So they can't call the bad guys in the medal of honor game taliban/AQ, despite being accurate, and the fact that they look and act exactly like taliban/AQ, but it's totally ok to have a game where foreign soldiers operating on US soil can shoot American citizens?

It's like a video game version of the UN invasion part of the novel Patriots.
It's better to have it and not need it ...

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 08:15:40 AM »
Its ok, I'd rather fight video game commando's than real men any day.

Fuck you ubisoft. Reaver's boycott has commenced.

Here, Here's any one?

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

That video pissed me the fuck off.
Also I'm not a explosive expert by any means, But why didn't they just pull the blasting caps out or cut the battery?
sic luceat lux

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 08:52:20 AM »
Hey guys I understand you are really pissed off because of depicting a patriot group/militia as the terrorist, fucking up our image just as DHS wants.

But I see comments saying that you feel sick, disgusted and pissed off by the video.
The video is really harsh, but I think it really makes you feel the desperation of having you family kidnapped and being forced to blow yourself up to save them.

Back in the day, the IRA in Ireland used to kidnap driver's families to force them to carry bombs in their cars.

Is something else I'm missing?

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 09:10:38 AM »
I think they could have created the same desperation using someone else as the bad guys.  This is just propaganda meant to be indoctrination.  Score one for their team.  The bastards.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 10:02:34 AM »
I think they could have created the same desperation using someone else as the bad guys.  This is just propaganda meant to be indoctrination.  Score one for their team.  The bastards.

That's exactly how I see it as well.  They could have gone any number of routes but it made clear in the article I read that the creator wanted to paint this exact situation.  And it says something when he gives a plug to the SPLC within the first couple of pages!  He wanted to depict what it WOULD be like IF one man could rally all the "domestic extremist" groups to one cause/fight.  And the bounds are pushed in this one as well for the civvies.  No more does "accidentally" shooting an innocent bystander fail the mission and ruin the organization.  According to the interview, you are constantly concidering whether its worth it to save one life now or 200 later.  AND THEY WILL BE TRACKING THE "REGIONAL" DATA TO DETERMINE WHICH AREAS ARE EITHER "BLOODTHIRSTY" (KILLING CIVVIES) OR NOT.  They will supposedly then use this "data" to offer special content to certain areas (or direct first strike units  :o ).

So, I will be looking for the youtube vids on this to check out the storyline when it comes out.  Other than that I will Here, Here to Reaver's call for a boycott.  There is definitely a difference between making a good game that is more modern and appealing to the modern gaming customer... and making a blatant propagandist piece of shit.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »
AND THEY WILL BE TRACKING THE "REGIONAL" DATA TO DETERMINE WHICH AREAS ARE EITHER "BLOODTHIRSTY" (KILLING CIVVIES) OR NOT. 

That's some crazy shit although I don't see it as very scientifically accurate.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 12:27:37 PM »
Welcome to the Tom Clancy boycott page.. I have been swore off of his products for years now.. he is the Louis LaMoore of our day.

Alex1992

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 12:35:43 PM »
WTF Is this bullshit pure LIBERAL plain and simple  [img]http://www.smileydesign.n

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 01:07:42 PM »
  AND THEY WILL BE TRACKING THE "REGIONAL" DATA TO DETERMINE WHICH AREAS ARE EITHER "BLOODTHIRSTY" (KILLING CIVVIES) OR NOT. 

LOL! too bad they never thought to do that with any of the GTA games... that would have been an eye opener..
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Boonedawg

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 01:13:43 PM »
Maybe they will have an oathkeeper R6 operator that sphinchter stabs these FN's killing Americans....now I would play that game.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 03:51:06 PM »
Maybe they will have an oathkeeper R6 operator that sphinchter stabs these FN's killing Americans....now I would play that game.

To bad it wouldn't sell, cause everyone wants to play the bad guy nowadays. They just don't know it.

LOL! too bad they never thought to do that with any of the GTA games... that would have been an eye opener.

Though mindless, and really really pointless.
I love GTA games. Always have.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline PatriotSeeker

• Prepper
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »
Its this shit right here that always puts us back a couple decades. I dont see anything good coming out of this. Our youth is going to think we are the enemy now. Its like our generations are going to be targeted by the new and "improved" gen.
East Mountain Division. 1st I.D.
We are the mountain. We are the people.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »
Its this shit right here that always puts us back a couple decades. I dont see anything good coming out of this. Our youth is going to think we are the enemy now. Its like our generations are going to be targeted by the new and "improved" gen.

Well, until the war. All we can do is do as they are doing and spread our propaganda. You must have faith that the light will be seen, all we have to is provide the knowledge and proof and common sense and reason will to the rest.

Offline PatriotSeeker

• Prepper
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 06:44:34 PM »
Reaver, you just earned yourself some more good Karma [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
East Mountain Division. 1st I.D.
We are the mountain. We are the people.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 10:36:57 PM »
What's this about spreading propaganda?  We be speakin the truth an exposing their lies!  :))
Han shot first!

Crow

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 02:06:10 PM »
I want to tell you guys a little story. Reaver and I were at drill and he brought this up specifically, showed me a video on his phone and in the good graces of trolling I was protesting to him about hows it's just a game and people dont get their political views from games and blah blah blah. Well after he realized I was trollin him and actually agreed that it was pretty fucked. He asked Random guy watching us debate this what he would do if his LT told him to shoot a civilian.

After the guys response I seriously thought I was going to have to keep Reaver from curb stomping this dude. It was hilarious. So to defuse the situation I layed out a scenario of NG being stuck on security of a building that housed enough food for 300 people (for a month or so) while the RANDOM guy was on duty for said security task. IF he saw a guy running at the building with a Molotov would he engage. His response was "NO. Unless I was ordered. If I was ordered to shoot whomever came close to the building I would."

I then reexplained to him that his JOB was to provide security for the building housing food. (I look over at Reaver and he seemed to be heaving with hatred while glaring at this dude) So I change it up a bit.

I put myself as the guy on guard and said. I would wait for said Molotov thrower to loose his burning vial of destruction and the moment it left his finger tips shoot the fucker in his neck.

Random guy sitting in his chair in the smoking area looks at me shaking his head. I turn to see if Reaver has at all maybe OOH SHINIED on my little scenario. maybe they are going to edgy and bizarre but they are stepping on toes they ought to stay off of.

He then stands up and says "What did you join for?" talking to random guy. "To take an order." said Random guy.

Reaver says"You took an oath." and he walked away.

This whole time through this entire discussion I was thinking about why Army officers are issued a pistol.
if you dont know why. Its because they used to have to fend off their joes when they would be telling joe to do
something incredibly immoral and unethical.

At first I did not really see the bigdeal about the game. I just took it for what it is. A game. But this is ridiculous
the realism portrayed by this game. I was a HUGE rainbow six fan back in the rogue spear days and I honestly cannot believe
it has developed into something like this.

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 02:23:54 PM »
To be honest if someone did that to many of the wall street gang i wouldn't be offended or surprised.
That being said this game is DHS propaganda, gotta get them young so they can be cogs of the police state.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 03:09:34 PM »
Hey guys I understand you are really pissed off because of depicting a patriot group/militia as the terrorist, fucking up our image just as DHS wants.

But I see comments saying that you feel sick, disgusted and pissed off by the video.
The video is really harsh, but I think it really makes you feel the desperation of having you family kidnapped and being forced to blow yourself up to save them.

Back in the day, the IRA in Ireland used to kidnap driver's families to force them to carry bombs in their cars.

Is something else I'm missing?

actually the guy with the bomb strapped to him is suppose to be a good guy...hes the banker who screwed everyone over. the bad guys are the ones who did the kidnapping...thats the patriots...
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 09:01:39 PM »
I want to tell you guys a little story. Reaver and I were at drill and he brought this up specifically, showed me a video on his phone and in the good graces of trolling I was protesting to him about hows it's just a game and people dont get their political views from games and blah blah blah. Well after he realized I was trollin him and actually agreed that it was pretty fucked. He asked Random guy watching us debate this what he would do if his LT told him to shoot a civilian.

After the guys response I seriously thought I was going to have to keep Reaver from curb stomping this dude. It was hilarious. So to defuse the situation I layed out a scenario of NG being stuck on security of a building that housed enough food for 300 people (for a month or so) while the RANDOM guy was on duty for said security task. IF he saw a guy running at the building with a Molotov would he engage. His response was "NO. Unless I was ordered. If I was ordered to shoot whomever came close to the building I would."

I then reexplained to him that his JOB was to provide security for the building housing food. (I look over at Reaver and he seemed to be heaving with hatred while glaring at this dude) So I change it up a bit.

I put myself as the guy on guard and said. I would wait for said Molotov thrower to loose his burning vial of destruction and the moment it left his finger tips shoot the fucker in his neck.

Random guy sitting in his chair in the smoking area looks at me shaking his head. I turn to see if Reaver has at all maybe OOH SHINIED on my little scenario. maybe they are going to edgy and bizarre but they are stepping on toes they ought to stay off of.

He then stands up and says "What did you join for?" talking to random guy. "To take an order." said Random guy.

Reaver says"You took an oath." and he walked away.

This whole time through this entire discussion I was thinking about why Army officers are issued a pistol.
if you dont know why. Its because they used to have to fend off their joes when they would be telling joe to do
something incredibly immoral and unethical.

At first I did not really see the bigdeal about the game. I just took it for what it is. A game. But this is ridiculous
the realism portrayed by this game. I was a HUGE rainbow six fan back in the rogue spear days and I honestly cannot believe
it has developed into something like this.

http://straightprep.com/forum/index.php?topic=1649.msg17679#msg17679

YUP... that happened.
Fig is a dumbass meat head.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at