Author Topic: new season of the walking dead starting up soon!  (Read 14294 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Re: new season of the walking dead starting up soon!
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2011, 06:38:06 PM »
I concur, my only REAL issue is when they where in the city and passed up all that military hardware for a bag of shotguns.

but then I think... ya know. They are from Georgia  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co * TROLLFACE *
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline TreadOnMeNot

• Prepper
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 11:09:34 AM »
I really liked the episode.

And all I got to say about the blond bitch is, when she can learn to reassemble the goddamn thing she can have at it.  Give it to her in pieces lol.  But yes, they were right.  Had she popped off a round in the Zed that was in the RV, they would have all been in a deep dark world of shit.  I did like how they passed out the edged weapons though.  That should be a must for everyone.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2011, 01:42:13 PM »
I liked the entire episode, including the disarmament. I think this series gets people to thinking about things in a way they never would otherwise. The question of who carries certain weapons (if they get one at all) is something that will surface then. Hell, it exists now, only it is state and federally run. Personally, I think it was irresponsible for her father to give her a pistol and teach her nothing about how to use it. However, I would have given her an intensive, educational lecture about what things to consider when you operate a firearm, emphasizing not to use it except at very close range since she probably couldn't hit the target, would waste ammo and shoot something she shouldn't.

Just because she wasn't trained doesn't mean she is a dumbass. She still has the right to defend herself with effective weapons. If a person is logical enough to understand when to shoot and when not to shoot, as well as how to safely handle and maintain a firearm, that person has a right to carry it. If you trust a woman like that enough to watch your two kids, not to run off with supplies, and not to freak out like a madwoman, you can probably trust her not to be a total dipshit and shoot someone. Most of us were probably exposed to firearms as children, learning firearm safety and common sense. Adults are much more capable of processing this information and using sense in operating a firearm. Sure she would need training to be able to be proficient in its use, but who are any of you, or me, to decide she does or does not get one if the one time she fires it is to save her life at point-blank range? As long as she knows she cannot be Rambo and should act very conservatively, I don't see it as being a huge problem, in Walking Dead or other similar scenarios where constant threats exist.

For those who skimmed my paragraphs, I'll list my qualifier again: If you trust a person enough to not worry about your family, your friends or your supplies around them, you can probably trust them to listen to what you have to say when instructing them in the use of a firearm. If you give them the basics of safety and teach them to be very conservative in its use, I don't see a problem arising. There are some people who have common sense and who are just uncomfortable with firearms, and that's okay, but just because someone doesn't have intensive training doesn't mean someone can deny them their right to self-defense.

In My Opinion.

Your Mileage May Vary.

And all the rest....

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 04:30:02 PM »
Allow me to point out three things:

1. She had tried to commit suicide and expressed a desire to die still.
2. The whole reason she didn't shoot the Zed is because she COULD NOT reassemble the weapon.
3. Had she fired a shot, it would have brought the whole lot of Zed back on them.

Just because you make a good nanny or don't steal from group supplies it doesn't mean a person is competent or capable of correctly using a firearm and in the right situation.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2011, 05:01:01 PM »
Allow me to point out three things:

1. She had tried to commit suicide and expressed a desire to die still.

In WROL, a lot of people will want to die rather than fight to live. The only thing they care about is dying. Trying to prolong their life for them due to a moral code you possess and they don't is not right, IMO. Here, now, there is psychological aid, and medications, etc. In WROL, there is nothing. You suck it up, you go crazy or you die. If they really cannot do the first, they will eventually do the second unless they can get the third.

2. The whole reason she didn't shoot the Zed is because she COULD NOT reassemble the weapon.

If there is a shortage of decent weapons, I completely support issuing them to the best shots. The best shots having the best firearms = the entire group's chances for survival increasing, not just a chosen few. However, they had enough firearms for everyone. If the issue is purely they cannot disassemble/reassemble a weapon, I don't see why that is dangerous. She would die whether she had the weapon or not, unless she improvised (which she did). Personally, I would have let her have a loaded pistol and not left her there with mine disassembled(notice it was the former deputy's Glock she was cleaning, not her own).

3. Had she fired a shot, it would have brought the whole lot of Zed back on them.

That would be where that talk I described earlier comes into play.

Just because you make a good nanny or don't steal from group supplies it doesn't mean a person is competent or capable of correctly using a firearm and in the right situation.

Just because you've never had decent firearms training before doesn't mean you don't have the right to defend yourself.  ;)

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2011, 11:43:18 PM »
Season 2, Episode 1...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 09:21:59 AM »
lol I'm loving this debate!

I agree that if someone really cannot hack it they have the right to opt out, but it also affects more than just them if they are part of a "community".  In my opinion its one less mouth to feed but it also could be one less (add invaluable skill here).

As to the firearm issue, it all depends on the person.  Like the whole scene in the woods between the two women involving the gun, I would trust the sheriffs wife a lot sooner than I would the blond because she showed a lot more maturity and coolness under pressure.  And I admit yes, it was the guys Glock she was trying to assemble HOWEVER there is not MUCH difference reassembling a Glock and a 1911 (which is I believe what she had).  Come on, she tried to put the spring in first! lol.  I agree that training them in long term would be key, but if you in a situation where the training wasn't possible...

Ill say that there are people I know I would trust with a firearm, and others I wouldn't trust with a sling shot.  All depends on a lot of circumstances.

BTW, good post AllShallPerishJ lol.
Han shot first!

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »
You have to wonder if the script writers knew they would be starting up such a controversy.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2011, 10:58:10 AM »
You have to wonder if the script writers knew they would be starting up such a controversy.

Maybe someone should link them to this thread.  ;)

In reference to the debate:

I'm not saying that a community should not exercise caution regarding those who possess firearms. Of course you don't want to give someone who is too emotionally unstable to function properly a firearm because they might hurt themselves (I'll get back to this momentarily) or someone else. What I'm saying is that, while she was still upset, she was not psychotic. She was in control of her mental faculties, and was dealing with her emotional trauma. Granted, she is at this point choosing suicide (maybe...maybe not depending on the last scene). However, she's past the immediate emotional devastation and has had ample time to think about what she wants to do and decide for herself. She was rational. So, this leads to the overriding point: at what time is it proper for a group to violate someone else's rights in the name of preservation of life? It seems that this show went a little too far and made the decision look like the majority wins, especially since the "majority" were authority figures with "top-level" jobs who already had all the guns...sound familiar, gents?

That group currently has some blend of democracy and oligarchy going on, from the decisions I've seen thus far. Fine, it's a tv show. However, America isn't a democracy. We're a democratic republic, according to its definition by John Adams in his A Defense of the Constitutions of the United States. We are democratic until our decisions begin violating the natural rights of each other, then the laws become rigid and we can, lawfully, do nothing. I know that some here have the opinion that communities will devolve into oligarchic or monarchic government types, but it is my opinion that, while the strong and skilled will command a strong group following, they still must respect every bit of the natural rights of man and woman. That is at the core of the issue here. It's just about the 2A in particular at the moment.

This is what I was talking about earlier, regarding the "opt out" situation. I think it's okay to prevent someone from committing suicide initially, because we can all lose our heads once grief sets in. We need time to adjust and think logically about what we wish to do with our lives. Many people will switch to survival mode and continue. Many others will still want to die. It's my opinion that, at that point, nothing will convince the latter that life is worth living and they're a drain on community resources: time, supplies, manpower, etc. Do what you can to help, but if they're committed to "opting out" then just let them go. The hard part, for me, is deciding when exactly they've crossed the line of "emotionally suicidal" to being suicidal for their own logical reasons (literally no reason to live).

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2011, 12:27:11 PM »
Great post Rah.  Very good points.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Han shot first!

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2011, 02:16:58 PM »
so I've gone back and re-watch the whole first season so I'll be up to speed with the new season and right off the bat I started noticing things that I didn't notice the first go round.

the biggest fuckup I saw regarding gunplay was in the first episode. the scene in the beginning where they lay out the spike strips and all the cops are barricaded behind the squad cars with weapons drawn waiting for the perps to show up. dude says "wouldn't it be awesome if we got on one of those worlds craziest police chase shows" and Rick tells the dude to just STFU and make sure he's got a round in the chamber and the safety off... the dude did as he was told, and you could clearly see that there was no round in the chamber, or the magazine, and he pretended to thumb the non-existent manual safety on his GLOCK (with "click" sound dubbed in later)... bwaahahahaha.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2011, 08:03:26 AM »
S2 E2......G-D cliffhanger !!!   ::)
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2011, 02:43:07 PM »
S2 E2......G-D cliffhanger !!!   ::)

i know what's gonna haaappeeeeeenn....  :-X

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2011, 05:56:53 PM »
I rewatched the Premier prior to the newest episode last night.
Well when dale went into the tent and grabbed that revolver he came out his bow wasn't charged. He was standing there and it still wasn't charged then it changed scene to another person and when it went back to dale is bow was charged but he was still standing as he was prior.
Don't know why I noticed that but I did lol
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

505th.NM.Militia

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2011, 03:57:18 AM »
Sad, sad day...  I had to choose between watching episode 2 or the Captain America movie.  I choose 'Merica. 

/I am the 1%   

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2011, 09:39:14 AM »
Sad, sad day...  I had to choose between watching episode 2 or the Captain America movie.  I choose 'Merica. 

/I am the 1%   

Lol!

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2011, 03:33:52 AM »
Who here would have done what Shane did at the end of the 3rd show of season 2? 

I'm not sure I could have done it, but look at this way, he's alive.

I'm sure a few of you will say hell yeah.

How about the ones that say no or they don't know?  Why could you not do it?

Just interested in more debate really.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2011, 04:02:54 AM »
Must I say where I stand.

The point is,
If it wasn't for otis, they wouldn't be there in the first place.
He may have deserved to live as does everyone else, but maybe he had it coming. I mean he is fat after all. ( Insert sarcastic smiley )

Now, my question is. Why the hell are they carrying around bolt action rifles when there are humvees with .50's and M4's just laying around.

Now, also for the debate. Who would have just jumped in the humvee, buttoned the hell up and just ran the lot of them down in first gear. Then when all was said and done. Just hooked up the whole fucking trailer to the humvee and rolled out of there with ALL the med gear.

I dunno bout you guys but that sounds like a plan to me.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2011, 09:28:59 AM »
That scene came right out of a bear attack escape theme.  I don't have to out run the bear.  I just have to our run you.  As Reaver indicated, their whole plan sucked.  They had a plan to get in but not one to get out. 

On the other hand the whole thing didn't make sense.  The Zombies are looking for something to eat.  They showed in another part of the show that the Zombies will eat each other.  (Eating the hung Zombie's legs.)  So how come when they were dropping the Zombies didn't the remaining Zombies gather round eating the dead Zombies instead of chasing them? 

Is anyone else growing weary with how long it's taking to find that little girl?  That story line is starting to bore me.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2011, 09:43:55 AM »
That scene came right out of a bear attack escape theme.  I don't have to out run the bear.  I just have to our run you.  As Reaver indicated, their whole plan sucked.  They had a plan to get in but not one to get out. 

On the other hand the whole thing didn't make sense.  The Zombies are looking for something to eat.  They showed in another part of the show that the Zombies will eat each other.  (Eating the hung Zombie's legs.)  So how come when they were dropping the Zombies didn't the remaining Zombies gather round eating the dead Zombies instead of chasing them? 

Is anyone else growing weary with how long it's taking to find that little girl?  That story line is starting to bore me.

My wife thinks someone grabbed her. Not a Zombie & obviously not the other family. But someone else.
She also thinks that the wife is pregnant, with who's baby...we dunno.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2011, 10:22:20 AM »

My wife thinks someone grabbed her. Not a Zombie & obviously not the other family. But someone else.
She also thinks that the wife is pregnant, with who's baby...we dunno.

Merl! lol.

Sledge, they could have eaten the dudes legs right after he hung himself before he turned. also, I'm not getting bored with the story at all, however, they are straying even further from the comic than ever before. I still like it but I wouldn't mind it if they followed the original story a little more closely. for example, the black family from the very first episode, they're supposed to be part of the group, and in the comic they didn't even come along until later after the group was already on the road. (plus I really liked Morgan's character, I keep hoping they'll write him back into the series)

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2011, 10:40:14 PM »
I just started watching the second season. And I missed the first one, thank God for Netflix. 

Spoiler If you have not seen the latest episode, the little Asian dude gets laid 8)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:47:41 PM by TheSpiritofAdventure »
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2011, 11:10:38 PM »
I just started watching the second season. And I missed the first one, thank God for Netflix. 

Spoiler If you have not seen the latest episode, the little Asian dude gets laid 8)

Lol, by the way she stated what she did, you hit it dead nuts with " Little Asian "

ahahahahaahaha Trollolloloololol  8)

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2011, 11:16:20 PM »

that lucky little asshole, i would drag my cock through a mile of broken glass just to rub it on that chicks thigh....