General Category > Library

Potter's Run

(1/3) > >>

Jackalope:
    Potter's Run by Charles Sage is a fictional tale based upon a historical event that occurred during WW I.  The book takes place in modern times, in the western U.S., as the nation becomes embroiled in multiple wars.  Jeff Potter is a special forces vet, who decides that his family has given enough to the nation.  His convictions and actions draw the attention of the Deep State/FBI.  As Obammy pointed out, "Actions have consequences." 

The author is a Christian and it shows in his writing.  The book has religious undertones, but mostly to provide a framework of morals, to show convictions and to give some historical background.  It's a fast moving 307 page novel; I read it in one day.  The author demonstrates a good knowledge of firearms and how to use them properly in tactical situations.  He also illustrates well his knowledge of aviation.  As a pilot, it's nice to see an author properly use aircraft and also understand aircraft limitations.

The book does demonstrate well various survival methods, and different aspects of tracking, from the viewpoints of prey and of hunter.  The author extrapolates how the U.S. government develops into a Stasi/Big Brother State, and unfortunately his vision is all too real.

This is a stand alone novel, though the author has stated that he's working on a sequel.  Mr. "Sage", a pseudonym, is active on another forum that I participate in.  He's a Christian, a vet, and an ex-LEO. He seems to have his head together, and he actually does practice the various survival activities that he writes about.

So, why do I recommend the book?  Well, first, it's decent entertainment, that actually has some educational value, as it demonstrates how survival is possible against modern military technology.  The techniques demonstrated in this book kept the Taliban and other guerilla forces alive.  It's a book that makes you reflect on our government status.  How far do we allow the government to push us?  What's your line in the sand?  Are you prepared, mentally, physically, and spiritually for the consequences?  It's a great book, and I look forward to the sequel.

JohnyMac:
Ordered!  :cheers:

Jackalope:
Let me know what you think.

Another lesson from the book...don't go out of your way to attract government attention.  Be the gray man, fly under their radar, literally!

JohnyMac:
Well I have screwed up there.  ;)  :lmfao:

JohnyMac:
Really enjoyed the book Jackalope. Thanks for the recommendation.  :cheers:

Started reading it at noon and all day between normal Sunday chores. Just finished it.

Well worth the $15- for that printed version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version