Author Topic: NC Scout's "The Guerrillas Guide To Signals Intelligence" Is Out  (Read 2221 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
NC Scout's "The Guerrillas Guide To Signals Intelligence" Is Out
« on: November 30, 2023, 09:48:35 AM »
The much awaited guide The Guerrillas Guide To Signals Intelligence written by NC Scout is finally out. Another great novel that is a must from his Guerrilla series of books.

Many of the UP subscribers know NC Scout and have taken one of his many classes. Scout is a former Infantry Scout in one of the Army?s best Reconnaissance Units, a former NCO, serving in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He seek's to share what he has learned to help folks build a skill set that may be needed in the near future.

Scout is a Christian, an avid hunter, a bushcrafter, writer, long range shooter, prepper, amateur radio operator and Libertarian social activist. An all around great guy who treats his students as friends.

This is the first edition and will sell out quickly. To secure your copy today buy on Amazon,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CP6STMNT?ref_=k4w_oembed_tElyGfSU9Ce0Ed&tag=brushbeater20-20&linkCode=kpd

73 & God Bless
JohnyMac
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 10:15:52 AM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
Re: NC Scout's "The Guerrillas Guide To Signals Intelligence" Is Out
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 05:35:20 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up. I ordered my copy.  The books on combat this & that do me no good, but SIGINT and etc. is something that I can be productive with.

73 de Sir John Honeybucket
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline cooter

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 02:36:39 PM »
My copy came yesterday.  I am on page 45 of 132.  I can already tell I will be going back to read it again while taking notes.  So far it is good stuff.  I also have Forward Observer's Area Study book on the way.  I hope to use them together to start developing an Intel overview of my area.

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 01:31:34 PM »
For me, the clearest take-away in his book is from his examples of SIGINT locating targets during his wartime deployments.  The lesson: if you're using transmitting while facing a first world army, you die. Might as well be using signal fires at night on the Great Plaines as to use a transmitter in a war, without very SERIOUS training and methods to do so.

1. Commander Bilbec occupies the region,
2. Declares all radio transmission illegal, likely demands all equipment surrendered to his forces.
3. His SIGINT locates transmitters.
4. Steel on target  :dancingGrenade: problem solved.
5. Repeat as necessary.

Food for thought,

de Sir John Honeybucket

Ps. Are there methods to make Joe Ham slightly more survivable?  Yes, but then again, Joe Ham is probably not a green beret communications sergeant.  I know that I am not.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 04:31:53 AM by Sir John Honeybucket »
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 02:06:41 PM »
To a degree mobility and short transmissions move the odds into ones favor. Not great, but better odds.

I am NOT a digital fan, however, this is why I am trying to become proficient with digital.

Send on QRP (Low Power) digital SITREP using a resonate antenna for the frequency used. Then once sent and you receive a QSL reply on a different frequency, haul ass out of the area. "Try" not to send any other transmissions from that area again for a set time of days.

Is this cumbersome? Yupper, however it will prevent a drone launched hellfire missile from landing in your lap.

Great discussion.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2023, 10:01:27 PM »
The transmission? vital. well constructed, no chaff or extraneous BS?
Sent.
And the, scoot.
With thought to possible response and the opportunities that _might_ present.
Chess is dynamic.  Always.   No mater the advantage/disadvantage of position, time or material.