Communications > Computer COMSEC Lessons

3 - PGP/GPG

<< < (2/4) > >>

APX808:
To import the other guys keys

Windows instructions:
Download the shared key files and save them in a directory
Open Kleopatra
Click "Import Certificates", select the file and click on Open, you will see the new key listed on Kleopatra

APX808:
Sorry I screwed it up moving the post...

But John asked me:

"OK I have searched YT but can not find a vid on how to send a gpg encrypted message from outlook or AOL. Everything seems to be gmail or google+ . Any thoughts?"

In the following lesson we will configure an application called Thunderbird with an add-on called Enigmail that will allow to send and receive encrypted email.

What you can do meanwhile is to encrypt the text file and attach it to your email.

OR

You can encrypt a file, use the ASCII armor and then copy and paste the text in the email, similar to what you did to share your public key.

Nemo:
Whats Kleopatra?

Nemo

special-k:
Mac user here.

I've watched the recommended video and installed the app.  Also read much of the info at support.gpgtools.

So if I'm reading this correctly, this app only works in conjunction with your OS's mail app (called "mail.app" on Macs)?? 

Is "Kleopatra" the PC counterpart to Mac's "mail.app"??

I've never found it necessary to use "mail.app" and have there fore never even set it up.  I just want confirmation that this should be my next step.

APX808:
Kleopatra is the equivalent to "GPG Keychain" in the GPGTools suite, and is used to create/import/export keys.
You should use that one to create your public key.

Here is a screenshot of it, as you can see you have new/import/export options:

GPGTools includes something called "GPG Services" that probably give you the option to encrypt/decrypt files or text, probably just doing right click on them... Are you on Mac still with only one button mouses?

I think you'll need to configure the mail.app for the next lesson when we will install Thunderbird and Enigmail.

Here is a tutorial on basic GPG Keychain usage, I think is the same one you mentioned

http://support.gpgtools.org/kb/how-to/first-steps-where-do-i-start-where-do-i-begin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version