Communications > Computer COMSEC Lessons

3 - PGP/GPG

<< < (4/4)

special-k:
So is the version & comment (at the top) part of the key block that will be needed later to de-crpyt?

APX808:
Cool you could create it and share it, don't forget to attach the file with the key too, that's handy

The version and comment at the top is just to know what software was used to export the key, it doesn't really matter.

APX808:
Guys, this is extremely important:

Use the real email account that you plan to use to exchange encrypted messages.
If you use a fake account GPG Mail integration won't be able to automatically know what public key to use for encrypting the messages!

Also people will copy the email from the public key to write to you and the emails will get rejected and never reach you, just like it happened
a few minutes ago when I tried to write to you!

brat:
I guess I need to email myself more, cause in my first key I posted, I didn't remember my correct email address when I created my key. Someone waaaaay more smarts than me caught that and I had to regenerate a new key. My new key is posted on my original post in the key locker. Sorry for the inconvenience, but you can delete the old key and add the newest one, otherwise you'll be going
"shit I must have messed up cause brat ain't answering my emails".. and it won't be your fault. It's mine. Sorry  :facepalm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version