Author Topic: Prepping Namibia  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Wildehond

• Prepper Apprentice
Prepping Namibia
« on: December 09, 2015, 02:32:01 AM »
Hi all.
I am from Namibia and have been prepping for a couple of years now.
My prepping is limited to basic survival kit, hand gun and small caliber hunting rifle.
Food and water for approximately 10 days per person has been provided for.
The general idea is to leave the town I am living in, make our way by 4 wheel drive +- 120km into the wilderness, discard the vehicle and then disappear into the African bush.
I would like to have my fellow preppers input and advice, and hope to connect with other preppers in this area, if any.

Be safe all.
Wildehond

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Prepping Namibia
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 06:08:20 AM »
Welcome Wildehond!  :cheers:

Great group of folks here who come with many different skills to UnchainedPreppers. Don't be afraid to ask questions or offer advise when asked for.

The archives is full of great information  :thumbsUp:

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 07:46:13 AM »
Welcome aboard Wildehond  :pirateThumbUp:
I think you're the first from Namibia but there are a few members from South Africa already

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 10:09:09 AM »
Greetings and Salutations Good Sir.  Larger and more broad world view is always a good thing.

First thought I could offer is get a bigger rifle.  You are in South Africa.  You probably already know you have some really really big mean animals out there who will eat you if they get a chance.

Get lots of big bullets to go with it too.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 11:47:54 AM »
Hey WH.  Welcome to UP.
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 04:31:54 PM »
Welcome! :)
Every day, men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 03:55:16 PM »
Welcome, out of curiosity do you have a destination in the wilderness or just a general bearing?

Offline Wildehond

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 01:12:34 AM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
To answer a few of your questions, I have identified an area adjacent to the Okavango delta (this area is within the borders of Namibia, Angola, Zambia and Zimbabwe) We regularly visit the location in order to check on human activity and also see disturbance if any on our arms/provisions stash.
This area is also adjacent to the old "Dorsland Trek" route that the boers used in the 1800's. Abundance of wild life, seasonal springs and some underground water. Wild veggies also available. The area is currently declared "Red" due to foot and mouth disease, tse tse flies that carries sleeping disease is also a big issue. However, using traditional San Bushmen herb remedies the latter can be controlled/managed and foot and mouth have no danger to humans.
I have hunted in this area since the early 70's and my dad and his dad before that. (Our family descends from the German era in Namibia.) As for lion, leopard and other wild animals, I am more careful of buffalo and heyena, again keeping your camp clean and staying vigilant can manage the above.
But then again....we will be entering their area and habitat and this will need to be handeled as required. 

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 09:05:59 AM »
Thats good that you have that background knowledge about the area.  But you still need a bigger gun.  And bullets.

Also, you said town I am living in, make our way.  You by yourself, family, group, or ??

Glad to see you back.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.