Author Topic: Equipment?  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Equipment?
« on: November 07, 2017, 01:41:05 AM »
Also could be of interest.  PM me with and email addy and I will forward the ad to you.

Nemo

OldGrouch.com

Swedish Military Antenna Sets!
Read the text for details.

These antennas are came on the market exactly once, about 10 years ago- and then they were gone. As a ham radio operator myself (W4WTF) I kept one and love it and was always looking for more but they have never come available again. Cleaning the warehouse we found 3 more from when we had them before.

These antennas are a discone type antenna on steroids. The specs for them say they are designed for 30-78mhz because that is the standard military VHF-Low range, but testing on the one I kept for my own use showed an SWR of less than 3:1 from 25mhz to over 160mhz in my installation, being a discone they are very broad banded. You can change the number and length of the elements to adjust the frequency range as they screw into each other. I have run them with a tuner down to the 40m band during field day before and was surprised how well it did.

These kits have a 33+ foot tall mast, the antenna center hub, guy wires, stakes, and coax- everything you need. It all comes in a storage case that has a shoulder strap. Under 40 pounds for all this makes it a great portable unit. You can set them up quickly with one or two people.

Only 3 are available. Not available on the website, to order one respond to this email with your address for a shipping quote.

$375 each

Note in this last picture we did not have all the mast sections installed, there are 3 more at the bottom that can make it even taller.

Once again, there are only 3 of these available. They are not on the website, respond to this email to get a shipping cost quote or claim one and we will complete the order. Do not call- we are doing this email only to ensure the first people who respond get them fairly.

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Equipment?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 05:55:13 AM »
Nice.  they have some good tech.  here are my two - out of the box - favorites.  They don't have masts with the kit though. 

My fav portable discone is the flex master by RRT.  check EBAY, surplus and ham sources.
http://www.radiorecon.com/img/antennas/Flexmaster.pdf

for shop use i use the chevy of discones the diamond J.  They're durable and work well.  The low band is tunable so you can adjust the VSWR.
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2777

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:02:43 AM by Kbop »