Communications > Comm Discussion

New Linux Distro: SigIntOS

(1/4) > >>

NC Scout:
https://www.sigintos.com/

As the name would imply, its a linux distro primed and ready for signals collection and intelligence. I was made aware of it during class last weekend and will be getting hands on this weekend as I've got time. Lots of good tools in there to set up operations in the SigCen.

patriotman:
I anxiously await your opinion. I am converting my laptop to linux and was gonna roll with linuxmint as suggested this past weekend at your class but if this OS is good I may roll with that distro since my laptop is being set up fot SIGCEN usage.

APX808:
Nice distro, didn't know about it.

@patriotman, you can download the image, burn it to a pendrive and try the distro by yourself to check if you like it and how compatible it is with your hardware

patriotman:
Yeah, but I am lazy :P

I planned on doing that but I won't get to it for a few weeks so I figured I would use Scouts experience as a first look.

NC Scout:

--- Quote from: patriotman on May 08, 2019, 07:51:37 AM ---I anxiously await your opinion. I am converting my laptop to linux and was gonna roll with linuxmint as suggested this past weekend at your class but if this OS is good I may roll with that distro since my laptop is being set up fot SIGCEN usage.

--- End quote ---

Mint is more of a general purpose-type deal. An alternative to Windows or Mac OS. SigInt looks pretty barebones as far as a general purpose machine goes, but I do plan on getting a pawn shop special or two to test it on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version