Author Topic: Baofeng Handi Talkies  (Read 1404 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Baofeng Handi Talkies
« on: September 26, 2018, 08:43:37 PM »
Read this at the ARRL website.

http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-enforcement-advisory-targets-noncompliant-imported-vhf-uhf-transceivers

There is a lot of bad information floating around on Ham radio about this.

My own take on this is the FCC is cracking down on radios that are wide open and can be programmed to all frequencies rather than limited to Ham Radio frequencies. Hmmmmmmm..... I've also got a FCC Commercial license that allows me to transmit on ANY frequency for test purposes as long as the equipment operates inside the bandwidth, frequency stability, and power limitations required. There was no mention of that and I suspect the FCC overlooked that when they instituted the Ban as of Sept 24th.

If you can get your hands on any of these radios, I suggest you grab them while you can.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: Baofeng Handi Talkies
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 09:17:01 PM »
    Yeah, they didn't like fielding all the complaints in the public service band.  Though a lot of agencies have moved on to P25, or other digital modes.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Baofeng Handi Talkies
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 09:46:14 PM »
I'll never understand why the FCC has some its silly equipment rules. Hmmmmmm..... Maybe the Government should also limit the amount of horsepower a car can have and where and when we can drive it. The government seems to forget that they make operating rules and we have to follow them. They don't need equipment rules at all. If we break an operating rule, we pay the price. I think they are just too lazy to get off their ass and enforce the operating rules. It is still completely legal to build your own radio that can do whatever you want it to do. You just have to obey the operating rules when you use it.