Site Suggestions/ Questions/ Comments/Debugging > Help a brother prepper out

Medical Comments

(1/3) > >>

pkveazey:
There might be a need for Medical Prepping comments. As part of my prepping supplies, I have a whole section of supplies relating to Medical needs. Besides the usual bandages, medicines and antiseptic things, I have digital thermometers, Stethoscopes, Blood pressure machines, Oxygen monitor(finger clips), surgical clamps, etc. I'm not a Doctor but I know how to use those items but If there is a Doctor handy and he doesn't have any equipment, you're all set and he can use that stuff to better assess a persons medical needs.

gadget99:
Good mention there pkveazey.

We have also stocked up on medical items whenever we find a bulk deal that justifies the purchase.

We set aside the excess in some containers the we refer to our clinic supplies.

So if we run into a medical professional we have set aside supplies for them to set up a rudimentary clinic.

Nice to see someone else thinking in a like direction.

Cheers

Erick:
Good thinking.
We also do not have an MD (or a dentist).
Our supplies are mostly at the First Aid level though...  :hiding:

Nemo:
I have a md living across the street from me.  I have not met his wife but I think she is a RNP.

Nemo

JoJo:
 Having had cellulitis in my leg I have stocked up on antibiotics and Mupirocin ointment. Can only get it by prescription, its better than Triple Antibiotic ointment which I also have. Israeli bandage, scalpels, sponges and a host of other stuff.
 My grandson is an RN an hours drive north of here and I'm trying to get him into prepping. He is an outdoor sports fanatic also.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version