Author Topic: here's an idea to enhance the site  (Read 1168 times)

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
here's an idea to enhance the site
« on: March 26, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
ok so, the front page of the site is still my old write-up about organizing your preps. (i'm flattered)

how about taking ALL of the really rock-solid articles and write-ups that various members have contributed and making the front page a list of links to all those articles. you could even spice it up with a thumbnail picture for each link that is relevant to the topic.

I'm not a marketing/advertising genius or anything, but shit like that tends to make people want to click the link more than just a bare link by itself.

just some food for thought.

(BTW, for anyone who remembers my YT vid from last year about my heirloom seeds that I was planning to plant this season, be on the look out for another write-up similar to my rainwater-harvesting write-up. It'll be in D.I.Y.)
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
Re: here's an idea to enhance the site
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 05:28:25 PM »
 [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »
this idea will give the site a more professional image right off the bat before any new members even get to see the "water-cooler" conversations.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 06:19:24 PM »
I agree I like the idea. I think the portal could make a big difference since everyone has to be a member to view anything now. We have to have something to intice them.