Site Suggestions/ Questions/ Comments/Debugging > Help a brother prepper out

Good (for today's measure of good) ammo prices with free shipping 12/27/2021

(1/3) > >>

RB in GA:
https://shop.tacticalshit.com/ammunition

FeedingFreedom:
Prices seem to have settled back to a touch higher than before the last panic. Best fill the inventory now, before the next induced crisis drives prices even higher.

JohnyMac:
Free shipping today. 52 cents a round for 1,000 rnds of 5.56 62 gr green tip...Not bad.

Felix:
Stockpiling AR-15 ammo has a declining value as far as allocating resources when you think of it this way:  "How many magazines full are you going to use in how many firefights before you become a casualty yourself?"   Best way to win a fight is to avoid it in the first place.  If unavoidable, survive and try to make another less likely.
Yes, I have in excess of 700 rounds of 5.56 on hand.    Can't imagine surviving high number of gunfights unless very, very lucky as many engagements as that would consume.
I think attention should be spread around a bit more.   My reasoning is that ammo's value will be found as a barter item and as a hunting item.   Which means, don't blow the whole budget on 5.56 etc... also stock up on calibers that _you_ use for procuring game and/or that other folks will need more on a day-to-day basis rather than pitched fire-fight.
Oh.  And get a suppressor(s) with quick connect for the guns that might be used for shooting deer, etc. No profit in announcing you've put something down with the echo of a rifle blast echoing for miles.   Better yet, include some subsonic rounds, be sighted in for their much-shorter reach.

JohnyMac:
At a 10,000-foot level, Felix I agree with your comments. Especially, the procurement of a suppressor for a long gun (s).  :thumbsUp:

Now down in the weeds, I recommend having more than 700-rounds of 5.56 on hand.  ;) I have a set minimum number of ammunition on hand. When I practice, which I do often, I replace the ammo used up to the aforementioned minimum. Since ammo has gone through the roof, I have used about 1,000-rounds of 5.56 so, I am looking to replace what I have used. Similarly in 9mm.

Due to a high draft number (Remember those days  ;) ) I never served in the military so what I have to write is pretty much worthless. With that written, I will dive into the shallow end of the pool.

Doing active training drills it is pretty easy to blow through 4-mags (120-rounds) of ammo in 2 to 3-minutes. I tend to carry 7-mags with one in my rifle so 8-mags, 240-rounds.

I am of the age that I will not be a ground pounder but part of the auxiliary. That does not preclude me from a kinetic exchange on occasion doing different tasks around the redoubt, e.g. occasional patrols, traveling between neighbors redoubts, etcetera.

Now getting back to the premise of your post Felix, why put all of your eggs in one basket. I wholeheartedly agree Sir. Like everything in life, everything in moderation. Instead of adding another 1,000-rounds to your stockpile maybe spend the same money on a set of Peltor Comtac 3 noise canceling/comms ear muffs. As already mentioned and if legal in your state, invest the money in a suppressor. Just in my opinion, the best money to spend on the bullets part of the BBB is a set of NVG's and for kicks and giggle a IR laser. These tools are game changers almost as good as having 8-mags of ammo on you when you go out on a trek.

Great thought provoking comments Felix. Thanks for posting.  :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version