Author Topic: Anonymous "smiting" is BS!  (Read 5780 times)

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
Anonymous "smiting" is BS!
« on: December 23, 2011, 04:56:52 AM »
Anonymous "smiting" is BS!  That's all I have to say about that.
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Re: Anonymous "smiting" is BS!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 04:58:55 AM »
The ultamite troll came to mind when you said that.... but I shall resist because of much love for this site.

Choked on my Grape drink when I thought of that idea actually.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 05:51:44 AM »
There is a mod that can be installed that tells you why someone give you karma or smite.
Bad thing is that you'll lose all the karma given previous to the installation of the mod and that you'll need to convince the admins to install it.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 05:54:19 AM »
There is a mod that can be installed that tells you why someone give you karma or smite.
Bad thing is that you'll lose all the karma given previous to the installation of the mod and that you'll need to convince the admins to install it.
I think it would be worth it if it tells you who smited you..  Otherwise the karma feature is useless.
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 05:58:38 AM »
Sorry if I wasn't clear... It tells you who, in which thread and as it allows the user to leave a comment you know why :)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 07:20:10 AM »
I say go. Just have the admin reset our Karma to what it is currently. I'm sure they can do that with a few clicks as well right?
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 11:07:10 AM »
Im gonna need some bad karma plz. so send some smites my way folks. Dont want to look like some kinda boy scout upinheea. 8)
Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 03:02:15 PM »
What does all this karma do anyways? Just let you know whether or not your viewed as an a-hole on the forum?

"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 03:09:17 PM »
What does all this karma do anyways? Just let you know whether or not your viewed as an a-hole on the forum?

I ignore it and just accept the fact that some one(s) out there hates me.  It doesn't bother me.  I've got two ex wives and a slew of scorned women in my past.  Someone sitting around hitting a smite button doesn't even come close to comparing with what they've tried to do to me.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 03:09:42 PM »

Yeah, pretty much...and it could affect your credibility, especially to new-comers.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 03:22:20 PM »

I ignore it and just accept the fact that some one(s) out there hates me.  It doesn't bother me.  I've got two ex wives and a slew of scorned women in my past.  Someone sitting around hitting a smite button doesn't even come close to comparing with what they've tried to do to me.
Let me try to explain it with a metaphor:  Hate me all you want, I'm used to it...But spray paint "Asshole" on my door then run and hide, so I don't know who did it or why....well that's just bullshit!

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 03:27:08 PM »

Let me try to explain it with a metaphor:  Hate me all you want, I'm used to it...But spray paint "Asshole" on my door then run and hide, so I don't know who did it or why....well that's just bullshit!

LOL!  Special-k you just told the world what pisses you off most and it will most likely be recorded here forever!   In this situation I think I'd put a big ass Rottweiler in the front yard.  LOL!     

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »
LOL!  Special-k you just told the world what pisses you off most and it will most likely be recorded here forever!   In this situation I think I'd put a big ass Rottweiler in the front yard.  LOL!     
Whoopty fucking shit!

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 04:18:52 PM »
I do not give a single fuck.  ;D

Smite me all you want, Smite me down now and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 04:23:15 PM »
Point is, as it stands now, the karma system serves no constructive purpose for this site.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 04:26:06 PM »

Smite me all you want, Smite me down now and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

LOL!  That's a good one.  I like that.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 02:24:23 AM »
Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness. Ps. 141:5

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 06:59:48 AM »
So far most of what I get from y'all is either psycho-babble insinuating that I should toughen up and get over someone not liking me... OR reference to scripture roughly insinuating the same thing.  Both of which are cheap shots, IMO, and completely miss the point.

Remember guys, this topic is under "Site Suggestions."  My purpose was to stir conversation about the karma system. 

Does the karma system in any way improve this forum and does it accurately reflect the credibility if it's members?

How does it help or hurt?

Should it be done away with? 

Could it be improved or made more accurate so as to actually serve a purpose? (APX808 mentioned a modification.)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 07:57:31 AM by special-k »

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »
In theory we could update the site software to include a NARC sheet on the karma but man that would require that I con someone into doing it on Christmas Eve. More than that don't you think it would cause more trouble than it is worth to have people know who smited them? Personally I can't see how that would cause problems between Sledge and I :o

So honestly I don't know why we have the Karma system.. I don't get it but I will talk to NM.505th. about it and see what the thought behind it was.

kinda odd that the guy with the best karma would bitch the loudest  ???
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:04:03 PM by thatguy »

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 12:20:35 PM »
...kinda odd that the guy with the best karma would bitch the loudest  ???

Jack-ass! [url=http://yoursmiles.org/p-m

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 12:41:35 PM »
...kinda odd that the guy with the best karma would bitch the loudest  ???
Jack-ass! [

Well, you might have missed it but I've been smitten the most too!  I just don't understand.  I think it might be a case of "Oh, there's sledge, smite",  "Oh, there's sledge, smite"  "Oh, there's sledge, smite" 

I like RS's response to the smite.  LOL!  What he said was pretty funny.   

Ghost

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »
Sorry Special, had to -1 you, just because it looks much better lol.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
Hey Sledge! smite

LoL!

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 01:07:04 PM »
That is fucking hilarious... what an awesome troll

Special K I would thumbs up you....but I think you got enough.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

:))

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »
Hey Sledge! smite

LoL!

[img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at     Thanks TG, I needed that.