Author Topic: Anonymous "smiting" is BS!  (Read 5768 times)

goodnightChesty1775

Re: Anonymous "smiting" is BS!
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 04:11:02 PM »
lol special k thumbed up him self a 1000 lol homo

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 04:26:31 PM »
No Chesty, I trolled his Karma like I just did to you... Who is the homo now?

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2011, 04:30:48 PM »
No Chesty, I trolled his Karma like I just did to you... Who is the homo now?
touche....

Ghost

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2011, 04:34:46 PM »
Heh, poor chesty. :P

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 04:36:03 PM »
Heh, poor chesty. :P

sucks i was proud of my ratio  :'(

lol

Offline salezzeni

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 11:40:29 PM »
So far most of what I get from y'all is either psycho-babble insinuating that I should toughen up and get over someone not liking me... OR reference to scripture roughly insinuating the same thing.  Both of which are cheap shots, IMO, and completely miss the point.

Remember guys, this topic is under "Site Suggestions."  My purpose was to stir conversation about the karma system. 

Does the karma system in any way improve this forum and does it accurately reflect the credibility if it's members?

How does it help or hurt?

Should it be done away with? 

Could it be improved or made more accurate so as to actually serve a purpose? (APX808 mentioned a modification.)

Maybe attempt a method in which the level of "karma" or "smite"  varies to each particular thread/topic. This would allow for the user to identify whether or not an individual is credible based on the feedback from the other users in that thread topic. In essences the karma smite function would be used as a general consensus among the users and moderators to identify BS or spam or off topic posts in each individual thread. Also this can help identify what users are knowledgeable in certain areas or could use a little education in others based on their posts. Easiest way to put it is it would mimic a "like/ dislike" function found on most social media sites.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:44:08 PM by salezzeni »
Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 03:23:58 AM »
If youve got something to say to me then say it to my face... if your just gonna smite me behind my back then your no better then an illegal cursing at me in his foreign language... i no speaky and i no offended because your too scared to make it known that you have a problem with me... smite away gentlemen!
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 09:06:20 AM »
Maybe attempt a method in which the level of "karma" or "smite"  varies to each particular thread/topic. This would allow for the user to identify whether or not an individual is credible based on the feedback from the other users in that thread topic. In essences the karma smite function would be used as a general consensus among the users and moderators to identify BS or spam or off topic posts in each individual thread. Also this can help identify what users are knowledgeable in certain areas or could use a little education in others based on their posts. Easiest way to put it is it would mimic a "like/ dislike" function found on most social media sites.
^^^THIS^^^

+ karma for salezzeni

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »
Don't get wrapped up in the minutia. Who cares...
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2012, 12:45:48 PM »
yeah this thread got you smited......   8)

honestly i dont get the smite karma thing at all, but getting upset over it just makes me laugh
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »
lol, mine went one more negative last night....

Hmmm, I'm willing to bet it was related to that creepy woods singing comment I left.

All well.

" god is the only one that can truly smite me "

lol, hahahah what ever that means.

Ooops here comes another one.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »

Hmmm, I'm willing to bet it was related to that creepy woods singing comment I left.

All well.

Well crap, I didn't know the admin changed the karma system to only one karma adjustment per hour. I smote you once, then I was going to applaud you twice (I like multiples of five). Oh, well. I'll see if I can remember to bring you up to 45 positive over the course of this evening.  :P

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »

All well.

Well crap, I didn't know the admin changed the karma system to only one karma adjustment per hour. I smote you once, then I was going to applaud you twice (I like multiples of five). Oh, well. I'll see if I can remember to bring you up to 45 positive over the course of this evening.  :P

lol, dont worry about it rah. Some people tend to think that the Karma thing is a big issue. I am not one of them.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 08:47:26 AM »
lol, dont worry about it rah. Some people tend to think that the Karma thing is a big issue. I am not one of them.

Oh, it's not about karma, dude. I seriously love multiples of five, and 45 is the perfect number (obviously...look at John Browning's caliber, and my name!). If I could go back, I probably would have chosen a hi-cap .45 ACP pistol like the FNP .45, not a 9mm. Oh, well. One day I'll have enough moolah to justify making the purchase and investing in much more ammo.  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:11:18 AM by rah45 »

Ghost

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2012, 10:00:19 AM »
I'm rather surprised that I don't have more than one -1 karma. I'm a smartass at times lol.

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2012, 02:14:48 PM »
I'm rather surprised that I don't have more than one -1 karma. I'm a smartass at times lol.

wish granted bro  8)
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Ghost

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2012, 02:16:02 PM »
Thanks man! +K for you [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2012, 03:43:29 PM »
Haha, yeah, I was "smitten" as well. At least they had the decency to give a +1 also.  :P

I really do agree with special-k's post, though. If you're going to have it, make a point of it. As it currently stands, there really is no point to the Karma rating.

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2012, 08:45:24 PM »
What does all this karma do anyways? Just let you know whether or not your viewed as an a-hole on the forum?

I ignore it and just accept the fact that some one(s) out there hates me.  It doesn't bother me.  I've got two ex wives and a slew of scorned women in my past.  Someone sitting around hitting a smite button doesn't even come close to comparing with what they've tried to do to me.

Bout time I admitted this. It was me. I did it way back when. Before I got to know you. I can't really remember why I did it. I think I was still burnt from the whole TG age thing.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2012, 08:56:21 PM »
What does all this karma do anyways? Just let you know whether or not your viewed as an a-hole on the forum?

I ignore it and just accept the fact that some one(s) out there hates me.  It doesn't bother me.  I've got two ex wives and a slew of scorned women in my past.  Someone sitting around hitting a smite button doesn't even come close to comparing with what they've tried to do to me.

Bout time I admitted this. It was me. I did it way back when. Before I got to know you. I can't really remember why I did it. I think I was still burnt from the whole TG age thing.

LOL!  Spirit just can't take living with the guilt one more day.    :)  Way to man up and fess up the evil you've done!   :)

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2012, 09:00:18 PM »

all of you...

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2012, 09:21:23 PM »
LOL!  Spirit just can't take living with the guilt one more day.    :)  Way to man up and fess up the evil you've done!   :)

Yep, I think he transferred over to me now.  :P

Don't worry, Sledge. If you get mass-smitten, I will raise you twenty points like I did the first time!  :))

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2012, 09:23:25 PM »
The Karma thing is just a harmless method for us to take jabs at one another. Nothing more nothing less.... except that the 5 guys who have the highest and lowest karma are invited to my 4th of July BBQ!! Yay!

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2012, 09:24:37 PM »
The Karma thing is just a harmless method for us to take jabs at one another. Nothing more nothing less.... except that the 5 guys who have the highest and lowest karma are invited to my 4th of July BBQ!! Yay!

Well, that does it...I'm going to start smiting myself every time I log on. Should be ten times per day!  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2012, 09:31:55 PM »

oh shit looks like i got my spot locked down. i hope your shitter is tough.