Author Topic: "NEW" unread posts function not working  (Read 2317 times)

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
"NEW" unread posts function not working
« on: April 15, 2014, 11:36:56 AM »
In the past, when I was browsing new posts from,"Show unread posts since last visit",  I could click on the small "new" graphic by each topic, and it would take me to the first unread post in a thread. Now it just takes me to the top of the thread page. Any ideas APX? Using the latest Safari on Mac OSX 10.8 and 10.9.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
Re: "NEW" unread posts function not working
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 11:58:07 AM »
No idea, I'll take a look at it and let you know

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 01:17:00 PM »
A few days ago I received a software update notice asking me if I wanted a free upgrade to the latest Mac OSX ("Maverick" I think?)  I'm glad I didn't. 
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 01:24:28 PM »
Hey Crudos it seems to be something with Safari, as I tried it using Firefox, Chrome and IE and worked fine on all of them.
I don't have a Mac so I won't be able to test it.

Maybe you could try with Chrome and see what happens

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 01:41:37 PM »
Yep, it's Safari. Tried Chrome and it worked as usual. Should've checked that first APX, thanks for looking into it.  :thumbsup:

S-K: Mavericks is fine. Have it on my home mac, and works great. The issue here on my work mac; v10.8; is that I'm holding back until Konica-Minolta updates it's print driver software for it's print production line for Mavericks.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:43:12 PM by crudos »

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »
I abandoned Safari a long time ago.  So I dug it out, opened it up, and did see the problem you described.  Safari also screwed up the width/height ratio of the banner.

Seriously bro... Throw Safari to the back of the closet and install Firefox.  No worries, Firefox will prompt you to carry over all of your bookmarks during the install.

I seems I no longer have the option to get Mavericks for free?... unless you know where I can?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:49:05 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 01:55:04 PM »
Yeah, Safari is my security blanket. Thought the site looks fine to me. Chrome generally works better, and will have to give FireFux another chance.

Not sure why your not seeing Mavericks for free. Might have to troll the Apple Support forums for the answer. Sorry I'm no help. I pretty much upgrade the first day available for most OSX stuff.