Author Topic: U.S. Naval Ship Quarantined  (Read 360 times)

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
U.S. Naval Ship Quarantined
« on: March 14, 2019, 05:55:36 AM »
   I thought that it is unusual for a ship to be quarantined.  https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/03/14/us-warship-sails-the-arabian-sea-avoiding-port-killing-time-and-germs/   I'm surprised the "authorities" don't quarantine those cruise ships that have Norovirus outbreaks.

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: U.S. Naval Ship Quarantined
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 07:39:32 AM »
hopefully, just to keep it from spreading throughout the USMC.
it is interesting.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 08:46:21 AM »
What was that TV show about some virus around the world and only a US Navy ship was not infected and saved the world?

Test run?  Developing antibodies?  Immunology?

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:59:00 AM »
What was that TV show about some nvirus around the world and only a US Navy ship was not infected and saved the world?

Nemo

The Last Ship. I don't watch much TV at all, but I watched that series. There were a few episodes that made me angry (particularly in the last season) because I thought the scenarios that took place in specific episodes would have never happened, but I actually think overall it was a great show.

Besides highlight the dangers of a pandemic, it showed other great scenarios such as a cyber attack on satellites, food shortages, and of course some great naval conflicts and gun battles on land.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 03:54:59 PM »
   I haven't watched the TV show, but I did the read the book.  I think Johny would be interested in the novel, as it does have sailing in it.  The book was pretty good.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 02:29:17 PM »
What was that TV show about some nvirus around the world and only a US Navy ship was not infected and saved the world?

Nemo

The Last Ship. I don't watch much TV at all, but I watched that series. There were a few episodes that made me angry (particularly in the last season) because I thought the scenarios that took place in specific episodes would have never happened, but I actually think overall it was a great show.

Besides highlight the dangers of a pandemic, it showed other great scenarios such as a cyber attack on satellites, food shortages, and of course some great naval conflicts and gun battles on land.

I enjoyed that show but it did not take long for the commander of the ship to get ridiculously emotional over every little thing and I lost interest. I did like the idea behind the series but wish it was better written
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c