Author Topic: Silver  (Read 23244 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: Silver
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2021, 10:26:50 AM »
Silver Eagles.   Same source as above.

Nemo

American Silver Eagle Coins
Celebrating American patriotism and the pursuit of freedom, U.S. Silver Eagles are considered one of the world’s most beautiful coins. One of the most reputable investment grade silver bullion coins, Silver Eagles are impressively substantial in size, design and quality. Discover more about the value silver coins can bring to your portfolio and learn how to buy American Silver Eagles today.

Monex Current Prices
Spot 
Bid
Ask
Chart
The Monex Standard
$29.49
$32.66
$34.68
Monex Commodity Chart
Atlas Preferred Prices
$29.49
$32.90
$34.08
Monex Commodity Chart
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2021, 10:29:39 AM »
It has settled down to around $30- at the moment.

A few things,

1) I predicted this and the end price in this years predictions found in the tri cornered tin foil hat board
2) Silver has been suppressed by the Fed for years. IMO, silver should match golds 12-month increase which would put it in the high $30's low $40's.
3) Rumor has it that silver is the new GameStop. Reddit folks see another opportunity and they are jumping on it.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2021, 05:00:57 PM »
I've been watching the KITCO charts and it's almost comic how the Price Manipulators slam it down and it pops right back up. They are having an effect on it over all but that won't last. Since there is very little Silver available to be bought, they will eventually lose control and Silver will go crazy. I did notice that the Premiums have gone crazy. Some dealers are getting $12 an ounce above Spot. I'm just glad that I got what I got when I got it.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2021, 05:55:52 PM »
   Imagine if it does achieve the intended target of $1000.00 per ounce.  That will make life interesting.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2021, 06:33:40 PM »
Well, the price manipulators are in full swing but they are losing control of Silver. I've been watching the latest Silver gurus on You Tube and they all are saying the same basic thing. The price is still within reason but nobody has any to sell. The instant a dealer gets some, 5 minutes later its all gone and they don't know when they'll be able to get any more. Even the guys who buy thousands of ounces at a time are crying the Blues because John Q. Public is all of a sudden wanting to by Physical Silver. One dealer said that just before he ran out, there were 5 times as many buyers than there were this time last year. The Central Banks all over the world have been and are still saying that Silver is not a good investment and all the while they have been buying up all the Physical Silver they can get their hands on. Hmmmm.... Are they crazy? Yea, crazy like a fox. They are well aware that the world wide Fiat Currency System is doomed. Will I be selling any of my Silver? Bwahahahaha..... I don't think so.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2021, 12:45:18 PM »
Now this is interesting.  To me anyway.  Methinks I will be looking for some good silver dealings.

Nemo

https://www.sprottmoney.com/blog/The-Ides-of-March-Cometh-for-the-Banks-Feb-18-21
The Ides of March Cometh for the Banks
Gold coin stack with American Dollar
February 18, 2021
By David Brady

BIG PICTURE

“In terms of policies for right now, very unusual for the IMF, starting in March I would go out and I would say: 'please spend'. Spend as much as you can and then spend a little bit more."

IMF Managing Director, Kristalina Georgieva. January 15, 2021.

She was referring to national governments and calling for them to ramp up their fiscal spending to support their economies and provide relief for the damage caused by the lockdowns. This requires an enormous increase in new debt issuance by governments globally on top of the massive debt mountain already in place. A lot of that existing debt is maturing and will have to be extended too. Who will pay for all of this? The central banks of course, with currency printed out of thin air, or more precisely, by adding a few zeros to a number on a computer screen. What does this do to the value of currencies worldwide? What happens to inflation when more currency chases fewer goods and services? What are the implications for the prices of Gold and Silver? It’s self-explanatory.

All of this begins in March, i.e., in just over a week from now.

SHORT-TERM

While the premiums and prices for physical metals have soared, the paper markets for Gold, Silver, and the miners have been under pressure recently. However, I believe the latter is about to come to an end soon based on the various tools I use in my process.

Sentiment

Silver: Still Bullish

The market reached a level of bullishness at the peak on February 1 not seen since the peak in August last. Yet, almost everyone continued to expect higher prices. What happened next? We dropped 15% in just three days to 26, and we’ve gone sideways since. Although that bullishness has been tapered somewhat, we’re still nowhere near bearish. While that is not a requirement for a bottom in Silver, it is certainly not supportive of the massive rally I expect to follow soon. I would prefer to see further downside to create the fuel for that rally. But as the Rolling Stones point out: “You can’t always get what you want.”

Gold & Miners: Neutral to Bearish

One just has to look at the weekly Gold:Silver Ratio (“GSR”) to see how Gold has significantly underperformed Silver since the March 2020 lows in both.

David Brady Analysis

Extreme oversold conditions coupled with glaring positive divergences after a such a big drop to levels not seen since 2013 (the GSR has almost halved) suggest a short-term rebound is coming. Gold is increasingly likely to ‘initially’ lead the way higher in the next rally, and then Silver will catch up and pass it by.

The GSR ratio also explains why Gold is closer to neutral than in Silver and therefore closer to a bottom.

continued
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 12:49:44 PM by Nemo »

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2021, 02:02:52 PM »
Damn!!!! There are so many ways to look at what is coming. I've been concerned about Hyper Inflation caused by the collapse of the Dollar but the World Banks are ahead of that by trying to force everybody into a digital currency. They've been hyping it everywhere as "CONVENIENT". Oh, yeah, that's real convenient when some ass wipe in DC pushes a button and locks your money down and there you are with 50,000 digital dollars and starving to death because you can't get to it. The number of Physical Silver buyers has gone insane in the past year alone. Millionaires have been quietly buying all they can get their hands on. How does this grab you...... All of a sudden your digital account gets frozen and you have no idea if or when it will be unfrozen. However, you're sitting on 1,000 ounces of Physical Silver that is selling for $100 an ounce, Hell, maybe $1,000 an ounce, if you can find any. You are still in control until you run out of Silver. Since you have no way to replace your Silver if you buy something, you'll find yourself negotiating every purchase. The seller will really want that Silver because you can bet his digital account is also frozen. The only way to beat the Government is for the people to create their own monetary system based on the trading of precious metals. :dance:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2021, 08:39:50 AM »
Good point Pkv. The only way to beat the Government is for the people to create their own monetary system based on the trading of precious metals.

It is so obvious that our and foreign governments are trying to collapse the system why are not more people talking about it? It sure is an ostrich with its head in the sand scenario.

General question not to derail this discussion...What skill will you have to trade when the SHTF?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2021, 10:47:00 AM »
Yep. Having some sort of skillset that other people will want or need is important. My electronics background has value but years ago when I was studying Guitar, my Guitar Guru who grew up during the Great depression told me that people who ran eating establishments and music teachers did fairly well because "People gotta eat" and they took music lessons so they could entertain themselves because they couldn't afford to go nightclubbing. That's when a lot of Family bands started to spring up. Since I played professionally for about 20 years, I could Play and teach music.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2021, 02:34:26 PM »
UPDATE: 3/4/21..... The Price manipulators have pushed Silver down to $25 an ounce but its starting to come back up. I checked some prices today and at this moment you can get one ounce for about $30.50. That's about a $5 premium and is the best I've seen. Some dealers are getting $10 to $12 premiums per ounce. If you want some, then today is a good day to try to buy some if you can find anybody who will even be willing to sell it to you. If they push the price back down to or below $25 an ounce, I'm pretty sure I'll drive to town and buy some. Why$25?  :what: Because I promised myself I would stop buying it if it went over $25 an ounce. I haven't bought any since last April. back then I paid $23 an ounce and that included the premium. This Silver thing is going to explode pretty soon and I'm a bit concerned that I'm going to miss out. Well, if I do its OK because I've got a decent stack that should save me for a short while at least. :popcorn:

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2021, 09:33:10 PM »
Well, Silver went back up but as of right now 3/28/21, the price manipulators have pushed it back down to $24.81. They think we don't know what they're doing or maybe they don't care that we know what they're doing but they offer Paper Silver at some crazy low price and that drops the Silver price and then they run in and buy all the Physical Silver they can find. Well, Screw 'em. I'll just sit on mine until the price explodes.  :popcorn:

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2021, 06:30:57 PM »
Good grief, The Silver price manipulators have slammed Silver down to $23.97 as of 6:30 pm 3/30/2021. Even at that price plus a $6 premium, I doubt if you could find anyone who would sell it to you. This is insanity.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2021, 07:24:41 PM »
OK, Boys and Girls...... There are going to be some serious things happening on JUNE 27, 2021. As most people know or at least suspect, all banks worldwide are connected in one way or another. Whatever happens in ENGLAND effects banks all over the world. Now, for the news. On June 27, 2021, England will require 75% or 85% physical Silver to back up its Paper Silver market. I can't remember the exact percent. Right now, they only require 50% physical Silver to back up their Paper Silver scam. Now, keep you eyes and ears open after June 27 to see what happens to the Silver prices. I expect to see Silver make a massive jump in price worldwide. I also expect the rest of the world banks to be forced to follow suit with England or be left in the dust because nobody will want to invest in the other countries Paper Silver. Right now, I'm thinking that I won't sell any of my physical Silver at any price. I wouldn't sell it for $1000 and ounce. I truly think this will be the beginning of the Paper Silver collapse. With all the talk about a currency reset and digital currency being forced on us, the holders of Gold and will Silver will be in the Catbird's seat.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2021, 08:54:39 PM »
  PK, do you have a link that discusses the physical precious metals situation in the U.K.?  This is the first that I've heard about it.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2021, 01:13:42 AM »
Jackalope, I think I saw a You Tube video about it. All I can remember is there is some sort of English regulating group that has some acronym name and their rules will take effect on June 27th. I'll do a search on June 27, 2021, and see if I can find it again. If I find the article or video I'll post it here.

I found this "Basel III Threatens to Break The Gold Derivative Market in June" but this "The LBMA vs the BIS on Gold - Who Will Win?" is probably the latest one I saw. The link for the latest one is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr_p5YtpgO0

UH, OH..... Read this article:
https://www.investing.com/analysis/basel-iii-gold-the-dollar-and-the-great-reset-200567220
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 01:28:18 AM by pkveazey »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2021, 09:52:58 AM »
Interesting.

A whole bunch of scenarios goes through my small mind as contemplate this enormous shift in the UK's monetary funding.

With The Fed now buying 100% of our debt, I think of what I have read about the Weimar Republic is our future. When it took a wheel barrel of money to buy bread, Hitler and his Fascist followers took advantage of the crisis.

In short, he reissued new money that was backed by property, mortgages, and citizens bank accounts. This reminds me of President Biden's move for the U.S. to own 30% of the land in the U.S. by 2030. I wonder how that will happen.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/06/politics/conservation-plans-biden-administration/index.html

Thanks PKv for posting this information. Like Jackaope, I knew nothing about it. :cheers:

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2021, 09:59:08 PM »
I'm going to post something that will, at first glance, seem totally absurd. The Dollar to Silver ratio right now is $3,845 to 1 ounce of Silver. To me, that means that one ounce of Silver should be worth $3,845 worthless US Dollars. If you wanted to go out and buy a brand new car, you should be able to find an ordinary car for about $40,000 worthless US Dollars. When the SHTF and Silver actually starts selling for $3,845 an ounce, You should be able to walk into a car dealership and plop down 10 Ounces of Silver and drive out in a brand new car. I don't think that is going to happen but it could. I've had people ask me why I stack Silver and my prime answer is, "When people can no longer get their hands on money that has any value, I believe that I will be able to save my home from confiscation by using Silver to pay my real estate taxes." I truly believe that the Tax office will accept Physical Silver at the going price. If they don't, then I believe I'll be able to sell a few ounces for enough worthless US Dollars to then pay the taxes in worthless US Dollars. I don't think that many people, preppers included, have given much thought to the possible loss of their home and property through tax forfeiture when the SHTF. Hell, I'll be able to eat and I'll be able to trade for things, but those damn taxes are a whole different ball game.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2021, 08:15:57 AM »
Interesting PKv.

A few things to ponder today...

1) Inflation is a tax.
2) Taxes are guess what, a tax. A tribute you give a government body to be allowed to use your own property.
3) In many Blue and Purple states, taxes are going up. My good friend in NY told me that his states deficit is in excess of
    $15B. With 2020 being a bust in taking in tax revenue thanks to the China Virus. Hence, property, school, gas, sales,
    alcohol, etc. taxes are going up.
4) People are fleeing in droves from Blue and Purple states, to your state. Will school taxes go up in Red states to
    accommodate the rise in class size?
5) With ramped inflation already here, why is gold and silver not rising?

Here is a little story. My mom saw a 1/4-page ad in her Sunday paper. The ad was from her county begging folks to pay their property and school taxes. Apparently, the county's tax revenue is down substantially and June 30th is the end of the tax session. I suspect it is similar in many locals around the country.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2021, 11:01:50 AM »
Yep, Johnny, the only people who benefit from inflation is the Government. The more more inflation goes up, the more salaries rise behind it and then the wage earners ratchet up into a higher tax bracket. Then the wage earners have to pay higher taxes than they used to and their money also buys less than it did before inflation. Then when prices of products goes up, the amount of sales tax goes up because its a percentage of the sales amount. In my county, we just have one tax (real Estate and Personal Property) that covers everything. We don't have a school tax. I think our County does collect 1 percent sales tax above the State sales tax. Damn..... Now you got me thinking of all the bullshit taxes that I also have to pay. You know, Satelite TV tax, Utility taxes on my Electric bill and my Phone bill. I'll have the last laugh when the SHTF because the Phone and the Satelite TV will be the first things that I cancel. If Electricity gets to be stupid expensive, I'll just upgrade my Solar System and and cancel the Electric bill also. I've got a really bad case of the "Screw you" attitude when I feel like I'm getting screwed over by Corporations and the Government. Even though I have Commercial Phone and Internet service I also have one of those prepaid cell phones. If push comes to shove, I will have at least the prpaid phone service. By the way, my prepaid phone works great everywhere except when I'm at home. At home its pretty hit and miss.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2021, 04:42:32 PM »
   Tennessee just has one tax bill too, so school taxes are combined with the County tax.  No personal property tax here.  I had a friend who retired and moved to Virginia, and he was surprised that he had to pay an annual personal property tax on his aircraft and his vehicles.  I believe the State of Maine has a similar tax.  In my thinking, if you have to pay an annual tax on your personal property, then you don't actually own the property, and the State owns the items.  In any case, the fellow actually moved back to New York because of the tax situation.

We do have a higher sales tax in Tennessee, but I look at that as a more equitable tax, since it applies to all citizens.  I really don't like land taxes, because in reality, you never actually own the land.  To see who the real land owners are, try not paying your taxes for a while.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2021, 10:17:11 AM »
Virginia has been reducing, refunding, removing that Personal Property tax for years.   Its taking a while but getting gone slowly.

Nemo

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2021, 07:09:44 AM »
And another smart guy agrees with us.  Or educated us long ago.   Either way, get more.

Nemo

https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/big-short-michael-burry-warns-meme-stocks-crypto-crash-coming-2021-6-1030534935

'Big Short' investor Michael Burry warns the 'mother of all crashes' is coming - and predicts crypto and meme stocks will plummet
Theron Mohamed
Jun. 18, 2021, 06:36 AM

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2021, 05:22:43 PM »
Well The LBMA rules took affect on 6/27/2021, which was Sunday. I watched the Silver price and it was still being slammed. OK, so I took a look at Silver today, (Monday) the 28th which is the first business day after the new rules. Whatttt????? They are still slamming the Silver price and its holding pretty steady at around $26. OK, I can wait. I hate to make predictions because I always miss my predicted date. Well, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll go ahead and make another prediction. I'm going to say that Silver will blast off before the end of July. Actually, I think it will before that but I'm hedging my bet. Those crooks can price it at whatever they want but if nobody will sell any then it will rise until somebody with no patience turns some loose. They'll be sooooorrrrrrryyyyy. When it takes off, it will not stop because that will be the point where the Government realizes that the economy has collapsed and they will force us into a digital currency. Those who have Gold and Silver will be in a very powerful position.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2021, 11:30:04 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2021, 07:22:03 AM »
I wonder if the man in the White House, reported to be "more progressive than FDR", will sign his own Executive Order 6102? Not just for gold but silver too. Maybe other investments like digital.

My mom told me last night, she wants me to sell all of her stocks. She doesn't have much so I asked her, why? My mom, a 89-year-old woman, told me, "the stock market is going to crash John. It is as clear as the nose on my face." Mmmmmmm?

Listen, it is as clear as the nose on my face that Uncle Joe's puppeteers (Obama), are angling to collapse our economy so "they" can insert, The Great Reset more easily.