Author Topic: Silver  (Read 23461 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Silver
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2021, 07:41:40 PM »
When you see lightning strike, you can be pretty certain that thunder will follow. What I'm seeing in the Silver market is disturbing and exciting at the same time. The price of Silver is dropping like a rock. Hmmmmmm...... Is that because people don't want paper Silver because its worthless or is it because the Market is selling paper Silver really cheap so that the big Banks can run in and buy Physical Silver for cheap? I'd say both. I'm not going to buy anymore physical Silver so I won't know just how available it is. I do know that Hell would freeze over before I sell any. OK, OK, if somebody would pay me $100 an ounce, I might let go of 1 or 2 ounces. Further down the road, I believe Silver will be up in the hundreds of dollars per ounce. That's what I'm waiting for and also bartering Silver for goods when the money becomes worthless. Well, its already is worthless but the people just haven't caught on yet.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2021, 08:04:34 PM »
Its Sunday and the Silver market just opened and went straight down from $24.50 to $23.33. Did I panic? NOPE. I went in and told the wife that I just saw what I was waiting for. Silver has dropped about $3 in the last few weeks. I've been waiting for a massive drop as an indicator that something HUGE was about to happen to the economy. When it happens, the general public will crap their pants and Silver and Gold will go to the Moon. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that whatever is going to happen will be in August or September. Let's wait a see. :popcorn:

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2021, 05:48:45 PM »
Well, its December and the Silver price has flopped all over the place but basically stayed low. I couldn't stand it any longer so I went to town and bought some more. It stung like Hell but we all know that soon our money won't be worth any more than toilet paper. The Silver price isn't what stung. It was the $6 premium on each ounce that really hurt. I have to remind myself of PREPPER RULE NO. 1, You can say WHAT you have but never HOW MUCH you have. No, I will not say how much I bought. I keep telling my friends and relatives to buy physical Silver and they nod and agree that they should, then they don't buy any. What the Hell is wrong with these people? If they would just buy one ounce a month, then at least they'd have 12 ounces at the end of each year.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2022, 11:38:00 AM »
Well, with all that is going on with the War, the Economy, Supply Shortages, I've been watching the Price of Silver every day. It's been all over the place but all of a sudden, the price jumped up about a dollar an ounce. That's the price for Paper Silver which is worthless but Physical Silver is priced based on the Paper price. I think we are right on the edge of getting Physical Silver becoming impossible. I've been waiting for the price to take off like a rocket and I'm getting the feeling that the fuse is lit. By the way, since the war in the Ukraine started, Copper and Nickel have gone crazy. 192 pre 1982 Copper pennies equals a pound and a pound of Copper just went up to $4.70 a pound and Nickel just went up to $20.70 a pound. Base metals are weighed in normal ounces unlike Gold and Silver. It takes about 2 rolls of nickels to equal a pound. That means that $4 worth of Nickels is worth 5 times its face value and older Copper Pennies are worth about 2 1/2 times face value. I also keep hearing that Copper and Nickel are going to keep going up. Yep, I've been saving Copper Pennies and all the Nickels I get.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 11:40:06 AM by pkveazey »

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2022, 08:19:25 PM »
Not to be overly facetious here...
But is anyone cast bullets in silver?
Not that I'm thinking of any particular "leader" in DC or anything - just asking for a friend.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2022, 08:28:01 PM »
 :lmfao: I haven't.  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline DMCakhunter

• Committed prepper
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2022, 08:40:54 PM »
Are there werewolves in your area?

Silver works but is pricey at today?s rates.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2022, 08:02:08 AM »
Yeah, silver bullets for werewolves. 

That helps for many other things if you are wearing an eye mask.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2022, 02:56:00 PM »
Since the price of Physical Silver is tied to the price of Paper Silver, I buy Physical Silver only when the Paper Silver price drops waaaayyyy down. In today's world, buying Physical Silver is pretty tough to do. If you can find a dealer who is willing to sell you any, he is going to tack on a pretty hefty premium. I watch the price every day just so I'll know when the SHTF happens. I'm waiting for the day when it takes off like a rocket and then I'll know that the SHTF. The NEWS media is going to be full of crap or they are going to tell you after it's too late to do anything about it. I'm not buying any more unless I run into an idiot who is willing to sell it really cheap. If somebody is willing to sell it really cheap, you better know how to tell if it's real or fake. I'm at the point where I wouldn't sell any of mine at any price because I have no idea where the price is going when the SHTF. When the dollar crashes, Silver could go anywhere. It could be $100 oz, $600 oz, $1,000 oz, or $10,000 oz. I see the value of Silver as it was in the late 1800's. You could stay in a hotel for one night for one Silver Dollar. Well, that's the way I'm going to bargain with mine. If a Hotel isn't willing to let me stay there for one Silver Oz, then I'll just move on until I find one that will.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2022, 03:23:35 PM »
Not to be overly facetious here...
But is anyone cast bullets in silver?
Not that I'm thinking of any particular "leader" in DC or anything - just asking for a friend.

FYI, if you want some in 38, 357, 9mm calibers I can do them for you. Send me a few ingots and I will make them up quick. 10% by weight, minimum 2oz, for propane and postage return.

They would be all nice and shiny, pretty and clean.  Properly loaded cartridges in 38 or 357 cal with 90% max charge for weight, burning Tightgroup to push them.

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2022, 09:25:29 PM »
I just watched a You Tube video from one of the Silver Gurus and he said that Monday should see a very large jump in the price of Silver. It won't be the $600 an ounce that some folks are talking about. My guess is that it will be something like $30 to $35 an ounce. He did mention that some dealers are already charging up to $12 and $13 premiums already.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2022, 11:42:26 AM »
I have seen some $5-$7 over spot pricing but have not looked recently.

Until a moment ago.

Nemo

https://www.moneymetals.com/2021-type-2-silver-american-eagle-1-troy-ounce-999-pure/608

$40.78 (as low as $14.99 over spot)

gets a double wow and an ouch!

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2022, 11:46:23 AM »
But shop around too.  And if you are game to take private mintings.

Nemo

https://www.moneymetals.com/walking-liberty-one-ounce-silver-round/38

3 Week(s) Delay on This Item
There is currently an online order maximum of 2000.
$30.28 (as low as $4.49 over spot)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2022, 06:37:45 PM »
Stand by for a ram. Silver opened at 6PM and went up 5 cents. Then WHAM!!! it plunged down $1.01 in less than 30 minutes. Now, that's what I call manipulation. You can't find any to buy and if you do, nobody will sell it to you. That Silver Guru that I saw yesterday must be right. They slam it down as hard as they can and then buy like crazy and then it takes off. I'm just standing here patting my foot and waiting to see what happens. My guess is, its going to take off like a rocket ship within the next 24 hours.

WOW, I'm not going to post a new message. I'm just going to modify my last one. That $1 drop just turned around and came right back up to about $25.50. That's Bazaar as Hell. All in about an hour.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 07:26:08 PM by pkveazey »

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2022, 01:17:51 PM »
Stand by for a ram. Silver opened at 6PM and went up 5 cents. Then WHAM!!! it plunged down $1.01 in less than 30 minutes. Now, that's what I call manipulation. You can't find any to buy and if you do, nobody will sell it to you. That Silver Guru that I saw yesterday must be right. They slam it down as hard as they can and then buy like crazy and then it takes off. I'm just standing here patting my foot and waiting to see what happens. My guess is, its going to take off like a rocket ship within the next 24 hours.

WOW, I'm not going to post a new message. I'm just going to modify my last one. That $1 drop just turned around and came right back up to about $25.50. That's Bazaar as Hell. All in about an hour.

If you blink you miss it -
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2022, 02:46:42 PM »
Current pricing.

Nemo

as of now.  Note these are spot metal prices, not coinage.

Monex.com

Gold
$1,935.00

Silver
$25.18

Platinum
$997.00

Palladium
$2,252.00

as far coinage 

Gold Buffalos at Monex.

Monex Current Prices
Spot                 Bid                                Ask                         

$1,935.00       $1,967.70                     $2,043.90               

Atlas Preferred Prices
$1,935.00       $1,969.70                     $2,029.70*

* Atlas Preferred and/or Standard Ask pricing is not available due to industry shortages.
Updated on 3/28/2022 at 14:48 PM
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 02:54:49 PM by Nemo »

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2022, 04:01:37 PM »
Uh Oh.... I said that since Silver went up, I wasn't going to buy any more. I may have to eat my words. This sudden dip to $22.55 oz. is giving me second thoughts. I called the local Silver dealer today and forgot that he is closed on Mondays. Damn!! Now I have to wait until tomorrow and just hope the price is still in the $22 range. If is goes back up before I can buy some, I'll just go back to my "No Buy" position. The world's economic situation and the threat of Digital Currency looming, is forcing me to get serious about buying more precious metals. I'll use the Digital system but I will not use it when I want to buy something that I don't want Big Brother to know about.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2022, 06:16:19 PM »
SILVER UPDATE. The Silver gurus have been saying that Silver will drop way down and then take off like a rocket. I follow the price chart every day and today my local dealer got a shipment of rounds and the spot price was about $2.41 oz. plus a $6 premium. The Silver gurus pretty much were saying here's the price if you can find somebody dumb enough to sell you any. I threw caution to the wind and bought all I felt that I could afford and still be left with some cash on hand. This collapsing economy is starting to get very serious. My parents grew up during the Great Depression and told me all about what happened to the masses that were not prepared for it. I don't plan to be one of the unprepared. :facepalm:

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2022, 09:39:29 PM »
Wow! I was just reading my last post about Silver and I saw a HUGE MISTAKE in what I wrote. I somehow wrote $2.41 oz and it should have been more like $20.41 or $21.41. Anyway, that's not what I want to write about right now. I just looked at the Spot price of Silver and it was about $18.81+- oz. Here I am, on my birthday, ready to buy all the Silver that I can get and my Silver dealer is out on vacation until August.

Online Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2022, 10:07:40 PM »
Wow! I was just reading my last post about Silver and I saw a HUGE MISTAKE in what I wrote. I somehow wrote $2.41 oz and it should have been more like $20.41 or $21.41. Anyway, that's not what I want to write about right now. I just looked at the Spot price of Silver and it was about $18.81+- oz. Here I am, on my birthday, ready to buy all the Silver that I can get and my Silver dealer is out on vacation until August.

Lol.  So what's plan B?

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2022, 01:54:28 AM »
Plan B: My sister's husband recently passed away and he had been a coin collector all his life. His collection of Proof and Mint sets is masssive. He also had a bunch of Constitutional Silver(90%) also called Junk Silver. My sister wants to sell the massive collection and I told her that that I would love to buy anything that she has that is marked 999 fine and that I'd love to buy any of the coins that are pre 1964 because they are 90% Silver. I told her that I'd be willing to pay Spot price for the 999 stuff and 90% of spot for the Junk Silver. I put her onto the Coinshop that I buy my Silver from because I think the guy is not a crook and would tell her what the proper values are for the Proof Sets and Mint Sets are and that he probably would want to buy some or all of it. She is in the same boat that I'm in. She will have to wait until he comes back from vacation in August. :popcorn:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 01:57:15 AM by pkveazey »

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2022, 09:24:35 AM »
I would be interested if you were to broker a deal for some of the junk silver.

Nemo

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2022, 09:40:23 AM »
I would also be interested in some junk silver. Keep me in mind.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2022, 06:17:18 PM »
I was neglecting watching the metals prices.  I looked a bit ago (after wife asked me about it) and was shocked.  I might have to go looking for some.

Nemo

As of a couple minutes ago.

https://www.monex.com/gold-prices/
from banner headline

Gold          $1,720.00     -9.00

Silver         $18.44         -0.17

Platinum     $885.00     +5.00

Palladium   $1,925.00   -41.00

« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 06:19:03 PM by Nemo »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2022, 10:18:43 AM »
PM's are constricting and I can only assume that someone are dumping PM's. Who I wonder.