Author Topic: Preppers' cooking!  (Read 2332 times)

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
Preppers' cooking!
« on: December 09, 2011, 09:36:47 AM »
This is engineered to get you guys who actually COOK (read: cook it all by yourself, not your wife, not McDonald's, not your dog) to post up pics of the excellent cuisine you prepare for yourself and your family. Please don't post hot dogs, or mundane things like that. Post things that require more effort than putting something in a heater and letting it sit for 10 minutes before sticking it in your chomper.

Now, I'm not an excellent cook. I'm very much a novice. However, I also think that it's a way to get to know one another and also a way to get good recipes. Most importantly, feel free to share the recipe if you could make it during WROL!

I'll start. My breakfast this morning: fried eggs with a fried burrito, and sweeeeet tea. I make great sweet tea, btw.  ;)

Ghost

Re: Preppers' cooking!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 11:25:07 AM »
Wish I would of taken pictures of my cooking before I f'ed up my shoulder.

One of the best meals I done was moose ribs grilled with a sweet and hot sauce, with fire roasted potatoes, grilled corn, and home made 3 cheese pasta. Can't forget the beer either lol.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 11:35:19 AM »
Sorry no pictures; however this is one of our favorite deer camp breakfast (or dinner) dishes.

Corn & Sausage
1 # loose country sausage
2 Tbsp sausage grease or butter
3 Tbsp flour
1 Can corn (I like white corn)
1 1/4 C milk (At camp we use evaporated milk and H20 mixed- 1/2 C evap milk & 3/4 C H20)

Fry sausage till done. Pour off grease but 2 Tbsp. If you don't get 2 Tbsp fat add difference in butter to sausage.

Under a low heat add flour and stir for 2-3 minutes.

Add milk and corn and stir to the thickness you want. Serve.

Typically I also bake biscuts while I am making this meal.

At camp I make up a double batch and keep in the original fry pan in the cooler. Pull out and reheat after adding a little H20 for a quick breakfast or hearty lunch.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 02:17:38 PM by rah45 »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »
lol, Oh shit you don't know what you started now.
 I'm one hell of a chef, especially when it comes to off the wall broke person foods.

I'm sure my 5 ( yes 5 ) Years of high school chefs class had something to do with it.

Stand by to stand by on todays lunch.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 01:42:25 PM »
Bring 1/2 Cup of rice to boil. 
Fry two eggs
Slice up ( I just tear up ) 2 hotdogs

When the rice is done, drop it in the pan with the eggs, drop the hotdogs in as well.
Stir occasionally. 

Just before you take it out of the pan, drop a slice of pepper jack cheese in the mix let it melt.

Take off and enjoy.

Love that shit man. Goood God is it good.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 02:19:11 PM »
lol, Oh shit you don't know what you started now.

Lol, well feel free to give me a karma boost as a tip.  ;D

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 03:21:22 PM »
Done  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 04:38:09 PM »
In keeping with the theme of this being a prepping site, this a simple one straight from my short-term food preps:

Here's my "Black Bean Dip" recipe, the taste is unbelievable.
No brand substitutions allowed (it won't taste the same.)

1 -15.4oz. can of "Amy's Vegetarian Organic Refried Beans ~ Black beans."  Usually only found in health food stores, Whole Foods, Earth Fare, etc....But do check the health food section of your regular grocery store.

Half jar/8oz's. of "On The Border ~ Hot OR Medium Salsa"  Found in Wal-Mart and other grocery stores.

Optional, if available, Juice from 1 Fresh Lime It's better to use NO lime than to use an old lime, it will totally screw up the taste.

Stir refried beans and salsa together in saucepan OR microwave safe bowl.  Heat saucepan on medium, stir while bringing to a simmer and let simmer for 1  minute OR place bowl in microwave for 3 minutes.  Remove from heat/microwave, stir, add lime juice, stir some more.  It's done!

Best served with corn chips(non-GMO).....But you can dip just about anything in it in a pinch (fresh veggies-carrots, celery, broccoli), fried 'tree rat' OR even put it on a baked potato or bed of rice.

Can be served hot, room temp., or cold.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:07:06 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 08:19:28 PM »
I'll have to look around for those exact brands.
My wife love black beans so, a dip surprise would really treat her if it was out of the blue.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 10:38:06 PM »
O'Kay Reaver since you took chef classes you will love this one.

Many, many, MANY years ago my Grandmother taught me how to make this- Kurz (My Granny) Pumpkin Pie. Here you go:

Make a pie dough; roll out, put into a glass baking dish and set aside.

Pumpkin Pie Filling:
1 C Amish pumpkin, Cheese Pumpkin (previously cooked) or canned pumpkin (what I use)
3/4 C Cane Sugar
3 Eggs (separate yoke from white)
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Ginger
1/2 C Milk
1/2 C Evaporated Milk
Nutmeg

Using two bowels; seperate egg whites into one and yokes into the other. Mix pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, milk & evap milk until smooth.

Whip egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into other mixture.

Pour into previously made pie shell and sprinkle (Grate nuts if you have it) nutmeg on top- Not much now but about 1/2 tsp.

Put into a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. Then drop temp to 350 degrees, Then at the end of that 15 minutes drop temp to 325 degrees for 15 minutes more. You will know when it is done when a tooth pick or wooden match comes out of the center not coated with mixture.

Let stand in a cool environment for one hour.

This is the BEST pumpkin pie I have ever had. Every person who tries it begs me for the recipe. I have had girl friends drop to their knees...and...well...been very appreciative of this pie.

If you have family or friends who like coconut, sprinkle about 1/2" in the bottom of the pie dough before you pour in the mixture and bake. One of my earlier in life girlfriends was so ecstatic she love me all night with happy ending!  ;)
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »
ok white rice cook that shit! add to taste some chilli powder, then some cheese or cheese powder and chow the fuck down!!!!!!!!!!

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 09:40:24 PM »
home made taco seasoning

(from the interwebz... I season to my personal taste, and I like my food HOT!!!, but this is the original template that I started with. I personally add a whole pile of cayenne to this recipe)

2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (Aleppo peppers would add a wonderful depth of flavor)
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp cumin
2 1/2 tsp salt (I recommend Real Salt.)
2 tsp pepper

the recipe calls for 2 tbsp taco mix per pound of ground meat, but YMMV, just make the shit in bulk and put in as much or as little as you like.

your welcome.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 01:13:02 PM »
home made taco seasoning

(from the interwebz... I season to my personal taste, and I like my food HOT!!!, but this is the original template that I started with. I personally add a whole pile of cayenne to this recipe)

2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (Aleppo peppers would add a wonderful depth of flavor)
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp cumin
2 1/2 tsp salt (I recommend Real Salt.)
2 tsp pepper

the recipe calls for 2 tbsp taco mix per pound of ground meat, but YMMV, just make the shit in bulk and put in as much or as little as you like.

your welcome.

Thanks bro.   [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

1000meterstare

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 05:06:41 PM »
Special K, you forgot the Cilantro, dude!!! [url=http://yoursmiles.org/p-m

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 12:55:59 PM »
JohnyMac's Blue Berry Mystery cake:

This is easy to make and folks just love it!!! By the way, I can't tell you what the mystery is 

Ingrediants:

> 1 C Flour                  > 1Tsp Baking Powder
> 3 Tbls soft butter     > 1/2 Tsp Salt
> 3/4 C Sugar             > 1 Tbls Cozrn starch - Set aside for later
> 1/2 C Milk                 > 1/2 C more sugar - Set aside for later
> 1 Qt Blue Berries      > 1 C boiling H20

Instructions:

> Cream together butter and 3/4 C sugar
> Mix into creamed sugar; milk, baking powder, flour and salt. You want a thinck batter but not so thick you have to paste onto
   berries so add extra milk if you have to
> Spray a 8 x8" or 9x9" metal pan. If you don't have vegatable spray use vegatable oil from the bottles and coat pan
> Put about 1 to 1 1/2" of berries in pan and pour batter over berries. Work batter into the four corners on the pan so all berries
    are covered
> Now, mix the 1/2 C of sugar and cornstarch together. Once well mixed sprincle over batter
> Pour over batter the 1 C of boiling H20 then put your uncooked mystery cake into a preheated 400 degree oven for 40 minutes
   or so. Take out when cake is brown.

Cool for an hour or so. Cut in squares and take out of pan with a spatzula. Put a dalup of freshly whipped unsweetened wip cream on top. Enjoy. I have made this with cut up peaches too.

The mystery of the mystery cake will die with me and my brother.

If you want I will share with you guys a German peach pie/tart recept that is to die for.

PS: Sorry for any misspelled words as Spell Check is still down

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 08:37:36 PM »
This is my favorite appetizer. Its pickeled jalepeno's with creme cheese wrapped in bacon. Pretty basic dish anyone can make.

Just chop off the stems of your jalapeno's and cut them long ways in half, Then clear out all the seeds. I use "San Marcos" jalepeno's with carrots. I think the carrots soak up some of the spicyness.

Next add the creme cheese, I like A lot!

Finally wrap them in bacon. one pack will usually make one can of jalepeno's. Rip the bacon strips in half. Put them in the oven for 20-30 mins give or take @ 325 degrees.

And your all done! Goes good with beer too. Total cost around $6. 3-4 people will find it very easy to eat them all. Or if your me you eat them all by yourself. Keep your doctors number handy though.

I ate mine with Refried beans.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:57:53 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 08:59:56 PM »
Oh man that looks GREAT! Thanks

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 09:20:12 PM »

I use "San Marcos" jalepeno's with carrots. I think the carrots soak up some of the spicyness.

WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO SOAK UP THE SPICINESS?

lol... on a more serious note, I'm sure as shit gonna give this one a try.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:24:19 PM by NOLA556 »

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »

I use "San Marcos" jalepeno's with carrots. I think the carrots soak up some of the spicyness.

WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO SOAK UP THE SPICINESS?

lol... on a more serious note, I'm sure as shit gonna give this one a try.

LOL... im all about spicyness but after a few it gets warm. The carrots kind of seem to take it down a notch.

Let me know how you like it.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »
I don't see how I could not like it. meat, cheese, and pepper. my three all-time favorite food categories. (you should see my version of the food pyramid, lol)

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 10:16:48 PM »
I don't see how I could not like it. meat, cheese, and pepper. my three all-time favorite food categories. (you should see my version of the food pyramid, lol)

Haha yeah... ive never met a person who didnt like it yet.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 10:18:33 PM »
while we're talking about appetizers... I just recently pulled an idea out of my ass and it was awesome. get a jar or two of pitted manzanilla olives and some sliced salami, and some sliced pepperoni, and toothpicks. wrap one olive with exactly half a slice of one of the meats, and stick a toothpick through it. you could do all kinds of other stuff with this simple idea. figure out a way to incorporate cheese into it, or do the same thing with some kind of pickled pepper in place of the olive. no cooking necessary.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 11:34:12 PM »
Dang Ken that looks good!

We do them with fresh jalape?os but I'm loving the idea of using pickled. FANTASTIC!

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 11:01:22 AM »
Ken, that looks so freaking good bro!   [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline NWAprepper

• Prepper Apprentice
  • Today if you hear His voice.
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 06:55:25 PM »
Chicken n beans

3 pcs chicken
    1 lb white beans
    3 sticks of celery (not stocks)
    1 large white onion
    1 bunch cilantro
    1 jalapeno
     chopped all vegetables up fine, chopped chicken up. cooked it all slow. ate a little first night. (better second day) took some fried it in a bit of olive oil the next morning, fried a couple of eggs, fire cooked a couple corn tortilla. Bammmm! was awsome.
        salt to taste.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:01:56 PM by NWAprepper »