Author Topic: Some Observations  (Read 21 times)

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Some Observations
« on: Today at 08:47:15 AM »
   I?ve been ordering a lot of stuff from Amazon lately, and occasionally the delivery date is on a Sunday.  Frequently, the package isn?t delivered on Sunday, but is delivered the following day.  Recently, one particular package wasn?t delivered and Amazon noted that it was necessary to pick up the package at our local post office. I thought this was unusual, as the postal service usually at least, leaves a message in the mailbox, rather than having the shipper advise me. Went to the post office and picked up the package. The postal clerk advised me that it?s actually Amazon employees who deliver the packages on Sundays, using U.S. postal vehicles and wearing postal uniforms. In my opinion, it reflects badly on the postal service, as the Amazon employees delivering the packages on Sundays are slackers, at least in my neighborhood. I?m surprised the postal union has allowed an outside group to interject themselves into postal work.

Had to buy some fencing for our new property. Locally, none of the stores had the needed fencing in stock.  However, a Tractor Supply store about 25 miles away supposedly had some. Well?yes they had some, but the price was $70.00 more per roll. One would think that prices would be the same throughout a store chain.  Nope!  It seems that in my area, we have multiple farming stores, so the fencing is competitively priced.  In areas lacking competition, it?s priced at whatever the market will bear.  I was really surprised at the big difference in price.  Well?capitalism is alive and well. I?m not complaining, but competition is a good thing.  We eventually found the fencing we needed, for less than we expected. So, it does pay to shop around.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Some Observations
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:00:23 AM »
Interesting for sure.

Add to your observations...

Many are opting out this election cycle for absentee ballots. The National Association of Letter Carriers has come out and endorse Harris/Waltz.

Let's see, the absentee ballots will come via USPS and be delivered back via the USPS. Of I am sure there will be no shenanigan's.  ;)
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.