Author Topic: New YT Vid Thread.  (Read 80604 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
New YT Vid Thread.
« on: March 04, 2012, 02:29:32 PM »
Was thinking...
Why start a new subject for your new vids? Why not just make a thread that every one that IS a part of Straightprep can post their newest video's.

I dunno shoot down the idea if you don't like it.

Here's mine.

Range Trip ( Spikes )
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: New YT Vid Thread.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »
good idea.

as far as the video id say dont zero from the bench...id also go so far as to say NEVER shoot from a bench. i prefer the dirt personally. zeroing from the bench may create a wierd zero that can only be recreated in that position... it may not in some cases with lighter recoil rifles but just sayin.

I hope im not coming off as a know it all.. i just like to force my opinions on others lol.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 04:40:42 PM »
Was thinking...
Why start a new subject for your new vids? Why not just make a thread that every one that IS a part of Straightprep can post their newest video's.

I dunno shoot down the idea if you don't like it.
Where do y'all want it...."Weapons," "General Discussion," "Gear Review," or somewhere else?   
And what do you want to call it?
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 05:11:06 PM »
Why move it.

Mass media is good place for us to drop our new vids and the threads already started.

Kenny, I would take your advise but I'm not going to shoot it offhand & the range fags
 ( government type run around in a green 4x4 )
Will be all over that ass if you try and shoot prone.  :-\ 

But remember gents I'm an AK guy at heart so Minute of man is good enough answer for me.  [url=http://yoursmiles.org/p-m
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 05:54:19 PM »
Maybe a separate section just for the videos, then just go in post the title and video up. That was we arent dumping alot of videos on top of one another and if someone new wants to see if we have a video on a certain subject they can look in the video section. Just a thought.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »
Maybe a separate section just for the videos, then just go in post the title and video up. That was we arent dumping alot of videos on top of one another and if someone new wants to see if we have a video on a certain subject they can look in the video section. Just a thought.
Fuck yeah I like it.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »
I gotcha reaver

and yes a thread with no posts other then the video posts would be good.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 09:09:22 PM »
Ken, I think your suggestion concerning using the bench is right on concerning sighting in your rifle.

I sighted in a 42" .54 cal. BP rifle using a bench. I was getting nice clover leaf at 50 yards. Then I started shooting the rifle sitting, prone and off hand. I got different groups with each position. Not much but different.

I was getting frustrated and one of the range officers at the club told me that where you place the bag or your hand on the barrel can affect "harmonics."

His position was that I had nice groups at each position so just take that in mind when shooting at one of those positions. 

Now with that said, I  can bench sight in a .22 and she will hit right where I point her at any position. Mmmmmmm?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 09:36:06 PM »
Ken, I think your suggestion concerning using the bench is right on concerning sighting in your rifle.

I sighted in a 42" .54 cal. BP rifle using a bench. I was getting nice clover leaf at 50 yards. Then I started shooting the rifle sitting, prone and off hand. I got different groups with each position. Not much but different.

I was getting frustrated and one of the range officers at the club told me that where you place the bag or your hand on the barrel can affect "harmonics."

His position was that I had nice groups at each position so just take that in mind when shooting at one of those positions. 

Now with that said, I  can bench sight in a .22 and she will hit right where I point her at any position. Mmmmmmm?

yep that sounds about right. the reason is the muzzle is able to flip up more when in one position compared to another... off hand the group will likely land higher then it would in the prone position (not always but it will be moving somewhere cmore then likely) because the guns able to push the shooter backwards more when shooting off hand. this is why i dont think zeroing a rifle off a bench is such a good idea if your looking for fine precision. your shooting from a position you may never actually shoot from in the real world.

but like you experienced with the .22 theres not enough recoil there to make any significant change from one position to another.

same thing happens when shooting prone, if you load the bipod on one shot and then dont load the bipod on the next shot. the second shot will likely fly high. and the same maybso with a bag under the front of the rifle to act as a bipod... where it is under the rifle will affect the shot aswell.

With harmonics you deffinatly dont want anything touching the barrel, Stock, Hand etc should all stay clear of the barrel. the only thing the barrel should be touching is the action its threaded into if optimal precision is the goal.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:41:17 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 09:49:52 PM »
Thanks Ken.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/Reaver1776/featured

Two new vids.

The 60mm Mortar one is just sound and a few flares.

Let this be a note. That helmet I was wearing was not mine. I was forced to wear it cause mine was with someone else  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at  my K pot is cool, got a cover and flashlight, and actually fits right.
RvR

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 11:22:15 PM »
Here is my newest uploaded youtube video, it shows us shooting the AK that we built, we took it out the gun range, and it was amazingly accurate and functioned perfectly.  It was completely awesome.  This is one accurate AK, its sweet!

AK Build Gun Range

Of course, we were in the primary, all day long, slaying bodies, and we brought the M4 and the R700 as well.  Good to go?

Don't forget to Sub, and I'll sub you back, add me as a friend, and of course, hit the ads so I can get that scrilla!  (money)  LOL

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 02:56:00 AM »
soo.... really creepy thing just happened to me.

creepy omenous experience
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 12:13:31 AM »
You think if your flag was facing the right way or it wasn't all tattered and torn they would have acted the same?

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 02:09:08 AM »
You think if your flag was facing the right way or it wasn't all tattered and torn they would have acted the same?

facing the right way, I'm really not worried about. I've gone out of my way to hang a flag... inside my shed even, where only myself and a select other few can see it. honestly, I'm really not worried about technicalities like that. I'm sorry to come back so harsh but it's just something that's always irked me. people freaking out about the orientation of the flag. for example, one day I cut my front lawn and whenever I do I need to remove the little yard-light (on a light sensor so it comes on automatically at dusk) that shines on the 3x5 flag that flies on the pole that I stuck in the ground in my yard. I took the time and sweat to dig a hole, buy some concrete, mix the concrete, stick the pole in the concrete, make sure it was level, and check it every 20 minutes or so to make sure it was still level and hadn't drifted off to one side. eventually the concrete was solid enough where I didn't have to worry about it anymore. dry, finally.

anyway, so I forgot to put the little light back after I cut the grass.

now, all that being said, you know some FUCKING ASSHOLE has the nerve to knock on my motherfucking door and preach to me about proper flag display practice!!!!!!! (for not having a light shining on it after dark). I asked this piece of shit where he lives and he pointed a few doors down and the fucking asshole didn't even have a fucking flag at all.

also, I think it was the old L&L site, or maybe it was right here on SP, I can't remember, but it was when I first put up that flag pole. I posted something about it, and one of the members has the nerve to fuck with me BECAUSE I SET THE POLE IN CONCRETE INSTEAD OF GRAVEL...... fucking ridiculous.

here's how I look at it: you love your country? *yea*... is that what you're trying to portray here with this flag? *yea*.... good job. carry on.

and as for the condition of the flag itself:

That Ragged Old Flag
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:12:36 AM by NOLA556 »

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »
So your ok with improper display of the most important symbol in history?

I was always taught that if you " kept your pennies in line the dollars would look after themselves "

I guess I'm just not the type of person to do the wrong thing on purpose or because I was to lazy or ignorant to do it the right way.

Thanks for the negative karma on doing the right thing BTW  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:36:29 PM by Reaver »

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »
(grabs the popcorn)
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 05:05:33 PM »
never gave you negative karma.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 05:08:02 PM »

Oh, Sorry just figured that you did. As soon as I said that I got number 31 and its stayed at 30 for what seems like forever.

Must have jumped the gun, sorry bro.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 05:30:43 PM »

Oh, Sorry just figured that you did. As soon as I said that I got number 31 and its stayed at 30 for what seems like forever.

Must have jumped the gun, sorry bro.

no problem. i know i came back a bit harsh with my response, but like I said it's just something that's bothered me for a while now. I feel like I've gone out of my way to display my patriotism, far more than most these days, and instead of people feeling proud to see a young feller like myself displaying his patriotism, all I ever get is criticism for displaying it "improperly".

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 05:34:15 PM »
But with showing patriotism you should want to display it properly right? That's how I feel, hell when I do anything I want to do it right. To the smallest detail.

Offline salezzeni

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 09:18:19 PM »

Skills are perishable. Keep refrigerated. Stay frost SP'ers.

P.S Ten round magazines keep training cheap. Train smart.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:24:15 PM by salezzeni »
Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Offline technique

• Death-Merchant
  • Senior Prepper
    • Paleo Prepper
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 10:28:37 AM »
Executive Protection/PSD (training)
Follow me on Instagram - technique408

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 01:22:06 PM »
Where was the shooting and moving?

Offline technique

• Death-Merchant
  • Senior Prepper
    • Paleo Prepper
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »
Where as in location?
Or Where as in lack there of?

If the later, I filled up 12G of memory and didn't even get any real shooting
recorded, unfortunately. Most of the stuff was vehicle maneuvers anyway.

This is just the video I personally took. There where "professional" videographers there
and most of the shooting you see is just for them. We're just shooting dirt over and over
so they could get their shots. We did the same maneuvers for 4 hours, over and over so they
could get the angles they wanted.-  :o

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:43:50 PM by technique »
Follow me on Instagram - technique408