Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 428 times)

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
My Introduction
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:08:56 PM »
Hello.

About a year and a half ago I was a member on the Mr. Lock N Load forums. I don't expect anyone to remember me and I don't even remember what my username was. I left the forum going to Parris Island South Carolina. After 357 days at Parris Island as a recruit, I was finally sent home with an honorable discharge for medical reasons. I find the LockNLoad forums nowhere to be found. So one day after parousing through Youtube I come across a video (a video by USMC HOSS or something like that) advertising this forum comprised of the Locknload remnents.

And here I am. I recognize most of the names here.

I wouldn't classify myself as a straight up 'prepper' (I'm trying to be more of a self sufficient kind of person) , but most of this material is my kicks. So I'm hoping to educate myself a little and become a contributing member.

And on the Prepper vs. Self sufficient note, in my eyes, a prepper is someone who 'stocks supplies' while a SSer stocks the means to create reknewable supplies. As in homesteading.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:10:35 PM by Grudgie »

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:16:25 PM »
I think the self sufficient thing falls right in line with prepping.  There are sections here on gardens.  The thing is, not everything grows on plants, for instance toilet paper.  Although occasionally I do find a broad leaf that looks somewhat inviting.  : )

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:24:22 PM »
welcome to the board bro.  I think you'll fit right in here, although I do find it a bit silly to nit-pick labels. we're all striving toward the same goal: to survive. I call myself a prepper, yet I am a homesteader at the same time. I can't live at my "homestead" because I'd have to commute over an hour to work every day, so I'm a "prepper" in the mean time, if that makes any sense. you need to make a living unless you have the means to be 100% self-sufficient, and I dare anyone on these boards to claim that title.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 10:30:44 PM »
Well when you put it that way it makes sense.