Author Topic: Hiding things  (Read 286 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Hiding things
« on: January 24, 2019, 07:31:08 PM »
I've seen all sorts of videos on hiding things. None of them show anything regarding counter measures for unwanted discovery. I'll offer this. If you are going to bury something in your yard, there are several things you might consider. 1. If the item is metal, you should throw about $3 worth of new pennies and some steel washers all over your yard to confuse anyone using a metal detector. Yes, take them out of the wrapper before you throw them. New pennies are Copper plated Zinc and aren't even worth a penny. The pre 1982 pennies are pure copper and are worth a bit more than a penny. 2. Bury long metal items vertical and not horizontal in order to create a smaller target. 3. If you don't want to make a map which might be discovered, you can sight down the side of your house and pick a distance along that line that is common to all your burials. That gives you 4 locations that only you know about. 4. Don't bury everything in one hole. That would be just plain dumb. 5. Don't bury things so deep that you can't dig them up in less than 5 minutes. Three feet deep is just too damn deep. 6. Bury things after dark and make sure nobody sees you. My favorite time is about the time people are eating supper and its almost dark. If you live in a crowded City, you might have to wait until after Midnight. 7. Let a couple of your MOST TRUSTED RELATIVES know the locations. If you are old and die or are killed, it would be nice if at least your family could benefit.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 01:45:47 AM by pkveazey »

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
Re: Hiding things
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 07:06:06 AM »
There is a great book called "How To Bury Your Goods" that has this and a ton more great information in it. Very cheap book. Short and effective.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Bury-Your-Goods-Underground/dp/1581605803
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2