Author Topic: Generator gas line problem  (Read 506 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Generator gas line problem
« on: September 08, 2017, 01:20:23 AM »
I went out to check out the generator today, just in case I need it next week.  I checked where the petcock(gas shutoff valve) had pulled out of the gas tank last year and all the gas had run out of the tank. It looked OK, so I started it up and the next thing I knew, gas was running down on the generator. I spent the next 2 hours hunting for just the right size material to tightly fit into the gas tank's petcock hole. I finally found something that looked OK and reinstalled the petcock. I started it up and it was good to go and I didn't see any more leaking. I have a really nice generator but for some reason they put a friction fit petcock on it. Sometime between now and next season, I'm going to find a new petcock that screws in and has a nut and gasket on the inside of the tank. Its going to be tough to work through that 3" gas cap hole.

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Generator gas line problem
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 05:40:05 AM »
:)
this is why you always check your equipment before you need it.
 :thumbsUp:

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »
I am on a 2 meter net each week day at 0800 hrs. Today we spoke to exactly what you posted Kbop about checking your equipment before a drama. Good on you pkveazey for being diligent prior Irma.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Online Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 09:17:26 AM »
I'm going to find a new petcock that screws in and has a nut and gasket on the inside of the tank. Its going to be tough to work through that 3" gas cap hole.

2 socket wrench universal joint connections back to back.  I had something similar way back and finally figured out that to reach it and got it right in 30 seconds.  After trying for 2 hours to find something to reach it.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.