Author Topic: Body Armor.  (Read 386 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Body Armor.
« on: November 25, 2020, 02:08:51 PM »
There have been some recent posts about body armor and it reminded me of LEXAN. Lexan came along after PLEXIGLASS because it doesn't shatter like PLEXIGLASS does. LEXAN ain't cheap but it is readily available at you local Lowes or Home Depot. Don't just run out and buy a bunch of it and put it in your Vest. From what I've read and seen, many thin layers work better than one thick layer. Y'all might want to buy some LEXAN and try shooting it and see what happens. I would suggest that you use a layer of LEXAN that is about as thick as window glass, a layer of that thin flexible polyfoam, another layer of LEXAN, another layer of flexible polyfoam, another layer of LEXAN, another layer of flexible polyfoam until you get something that's still light enough but will stop anything short of a 50 caliber. What? Why haven't I tried it? Hmmmm.... That's a good question. I've got a Flack Vest that will stop just about any pistol round and I'm gambling that if I get shot it will probably be by some asswhipe with a pistol.