Author Topic: AMMO  (Read 495 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
AMMO
« on: August 10, 2020, 03:32:50 PM »
DAMN! :facepalm: I heard people talking about how hard it is to find ammo. :popcorn: I looked on line to see what 9mm is going for. Say what????? $50 for 50 rounds? I heard that a $10 box was now going for about $20. I had no idea that it was more than double that. I can't believe it cost $1 every time you pull the trigger. I'm glad I bought some waaaaay back when I thought it was over priced. I guess that stacking Silver isn't the only good investment. Stacking Lead is looking real good about now.

Offline DMCakhunter

• Committed prepper
Re: AMMO
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 05:19:16 PM »
And getting worse every day except for less popular ones.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 08:46:33 PM »
I'm going to be working a gun show in Central Va this weekend.  First one since about February.  I will let you know on pricing and availability.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 03:40:05 AM »
The price that I saw today for 500 rounds of 22 LR was about $80. That's about 16 cents per round. The last 500 round box I bought was about $20. That's about 4 cents per round. I think its going to get a lot worse before it gets better. This is how we used to shoot. :gunner: This is how we're going to have to learn to shoot. :boltAction:

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 08:54:04 AM »
This is how we used to shoot. :gunner: This is how we're going to have to learn to shoot. :boltAction:

Precisely! The problem isn't even the price - it is finding it in stock.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 09:11:18 AM »
   I did some practicing this week, and I thought about each round which was fired.  I see that .50 BMG is now up to over $5.00 per round.... ouch!  I was in a local farm store yesterday, and they only had obscure hunting rounds available in limited quantities.  No handgun rounds were available.  I've been able to source reloading components locally for most of the calibers I use, except .50 BMG.

It seems that rounds of ammo will become a major trade item if the economy breaks down, as depicted in several fiction stories.  I've seen lots of ammo advertised on my State's Armslist, try www.armslist.com and the prices vary widely.  A good stash of ammo could be worth its weight in gold.  Crazy times! 

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 09:39:07 AM »
I'm going to be working a gun show in Central Va this weekend.  First one since about February.  I will let you know on pricing and availability.

Nemo

Pricing high, Availability Low, Sales Brisk.

Hand one guy sell out an 8 foot bet pickup (with cab height cap) load, crammed full of various size mil surp (empty) ammo cans in about 5 hours.  He was selling at the high end of reasonable prices too.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.