Author Topic: A man walks into JC Penney's.....  (Read 1197 times)

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
A man walks into JC Penney's.....
« on: January 18, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »
This story, picture, and related comments in the article go to show how many misconceptions 'we', as society in-general, have about firearms. The societal stigma or taboo of what a firearm is and isn't, really needs to be addressed and mindsets hopefully changed for the better. I hope he also patiently answered any questions from passersby. Kudos to Joseph Kelley!

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23769604&nid=148&title=man-raises-questions-after-carrying-rifle-into-jc-penney&s_cid=featured-1

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: A man walks into JC Penney's.....
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 02:50:59 PM »
It makes it more dangerous for him

If only ignorance was regulated..

Clip clip clip

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 02:56:57 PM »
Not with a rifle however I OC in the summer in the small town near the cabin. Nobody and I mean nobody gives me a second look. Although legal to do so, I wouldn't do it in down town Philly. 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 03:02:56 PM »
I think we are beyond making open carry trips with rifles to educate the public in many states, all the sheep see is a man with a murdering device. In CA we exercised the right to open unloaded carry to the point that they just made it illegal with a handgun, next is the rifles. A lot of these open carry rights are only in place because no one really exercises them. Any "problems" and theyll just make it illegal. You can have your 2nd ammendment right unless you want to use it. Thats too far.  C:-)
Simplicity Is Ideal...

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »
I open carry my handgun, pretty much everywhere I go, on the weekend. I'm not allowed to have it on the property at work. They made it clear that they can and will have periodical car searches. I hate that, but I can't afford to lose my job. On weekends, I go out to eat, Walmarts, wherever, and nobody ever really cares. It felt funny, when I first started to open carry, but not now. I try to always put off a good image. Open doors for people, say thank you to the clerks, etc., let them know that just cause I have a gun, that doesn't mean that I want to kill everybody.   

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 03:59:59 PM »
I open carry my handgun, pretty much everywhere I go, on the weekend. I'm not allowed to have it on the property at work. They made it clear that they can and will have periodical car searches. I hate that, but I can't afford to lose my job. On weekends, I go out to eat, Walmarts, wherever, and nobody ever really cares. It felt funny, when I first started to open carry, but not now. I try to always put off a good image. Open doors for people, say thank you to the clerks, etc., let them know that just cause I have a gun, that doesn't mean that I want to kill everybody.

If you dont mind where do you work that has the balls to say they will search your personal vehicle? Id laugh and tell them to kiss my ass if they tried to search my vehicle. If your parking in a private lot just park on the street. Tell them unless they are putting you on the clock from the moment you leave your house they better check themselves.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 04:14:13 PM »
I work for a huge company that a lot of people are pissed off at. Some years back, we never had a problem. We could have weapons in our cars. Then that anthrax scare was happening. They got guards in guard shacks, and had us all sign a paper that gave them permission. The place has a very long driveway off the main drag. In the winter, it's a pain in the ass to have to walk there. They haven't searched any cars yet, but they threaten to. Like I said, I hate it, but the money is way too good to lose my job. And I'm sure they have a team of the best lawyers money can buy. They have more money than God. I'd rather not say where I work, but one could probably guess. HUGE company, that most people are pissed at, and more money than God. I know Bill O'reilly doesn't care for them. 

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 04:16:39 PM »
My brother told me that in the state of PA. (He works near Quakertown. PA.) the state Supreme Court made a ruling several years ago that anything in your vehicle is private property and companies can not search an employees vehicle. It doesn't matter if the vehicle is on company property or not.

The ruling was based on several employees of X company would go hunting before or after work. They were pulled into HR and asked if they had guns in their vehicles. They answered "yes" and were terminated based on company policy. They successfully brought a lawsuit against the company and it went up to the state Supreme Court and ruled as I wrote earlier.

Now with that said hj, I will tell you what I told my brother..."Don't due it!" Its not worth the hassle proving your legal rights. And if you win there will always be a axe over your head at work.

You probably could Google the case if you wanted to.  :))
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 04:48:39 PM »
Yeah,and being we all signed a paper, they probably have the upper hand. And my boss's boss,and his boss's boss, probably plays golf with Obama. I KNOW they are buddies. I wouldn't have a chance in Hell.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 05:01:47 PM »
Yeah,and being we all signed a paper, they probably have the upper hand. And my boss's boss,and his boss's boss, probably plays golf with Obama. I KNOW they are buddies. I wouldn't have a chance in Hell.

Yeah thats a bummer. When my work hands out packets and then has us sign that weve read this 20 page document i sign and date fore a few days later so i actually do have time to read it. They look at me with annoyance but i dont care. I would never sign that they have the right to search my personal vehicle. But then again the money probably isnt as good as you lol. Several of us have and continue to park our vehicles with guns in them, the purposes are hunting, trap shooting, guy wants me to look at his gun, i want to show a guy a gun. etc etc. If they out manuevered me and were some how legally aloud to search my vehicle id quit and go home before that happened.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm usually a pretty proud individual. Over the years, being dealt some hardships, the wife fighting cancer 4 or 5 times now, and my youngest daughter having some health issues, I've had to get used to the taste of crow, from having to eat it from time to time. I definitely need the health insurance coverage. If it was just me, it might be different, but it's not.   

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 08:30:52 PM »
Yeah, I'm usually a pretty proud individual. Over the years, being dealt some hardships, the wife fighting cancer 4 or 5 times now, and my youngest daughter having some health issues, I've had to get used to the taste of crow, from having to eat it from time to time. I definitely need the health insurance coverage. If it was just me, it might be different, but it's not.

Understandable. You gotta do whatcha gotta do.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 12:08:05 AM »
Didn't JC penny used to sell guns?

I know sears did.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Alex1992

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 11:08:57 AM »
Good for him that guy got some serious cojones, and Reaver I think Sears at one point did sell guns and ammo.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 03:20:49 PM »
JC Penny did also.

Mossberg, Marlin, Standard and Savage to name a few. They were manufactured using the JC Penny name along with Foremost and  Revelation.  I think they stopped selling rifles in the late 70's or early 80's. Maybe when they did away with their auto service centers.

My first pump shotgun was purchased from Strawbridge & Clothier Department Store of Philadelphia. Pa. for $75-. It was made by Savage and was a piece of crap. Still have it and I do not know why I do.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at