Author Topic: 400 days and 2,000 resume's later, a job!  (Read 905 times)

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
400 days and 2,000 resume's later, a job!
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »
Ok boys, I'm going back on the tax rolls finally!  I start Monday as the plant manager for a company in Ft. Pierce.  I would have never of believed it would take this long to find a good job that actually paid something.  It's crazy what has happened to this country.

Anyway, for those of you working stiffs who supported me while I was on my little vacation, I say thank you.   :)

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
Re: 400 days and 2,000 resume's later, a job!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:09:46 PM »
Awesome, brother!  Congrats!     [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 11:06:32 PM »
Congrats!

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 11:28:03 PM »
Don't worry about it buddy! You're fixing to pay me back anyhow!

But really, Congrats on the lady doctor and the job at the plant! You hiring?

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 11:42:49 PM »
Congratz on the new job Sledge, and its really cool to see a lot of guys in the board got a job lately

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 11:49:51 PM »
Pt. Pierce my old stomping grounds! Congratulations man! I wish you the best.

If you cross the cossway onto the barrier island (Going east) there is a great restaurant on the channel going out from the river to the open ocean.  Sorry but I forget the name but if you get there before 6:00PM you can order this BIG plate of fried shrimp. Its great and cheap.

In Ft Pierce (Down town) their was a great restaurant that served game. Elk, venison, alligator and some times lion. Damn... I don't remember the name but the chef was CIA trained and did a great job. If you ask around (And if they are still in business) I bet most of the locals know the restaurant.

Good luck and have fun!!!
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 11:57:49 PM »
Dang Mac, is there a town you haven't been too?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 11:59:20 PM by thatguy »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 07:42:22 AM »
 Let me think :o :o :o Nope!
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »
Don't worry about it buddy! You're fixing to pay me back anyhow!

But really, Congrats on the lady doctor and the job at the plant! You hiring?

Thanks guys.  TG I have no doubts that I will be hiring.  The plant has a lot of problems in expense control.  A third higher than the rest of the facilities in the company.  I've got a free hand to do whatever I think will fix it.  I've got this nagging little voice in the back of my head that says about a month down the road I'm going to be needing someone to remind me that I wanted this job very badly. lol.

I suspect there are chemicals leaving the building at night in addition to poor work standards.  So it will be a lot of hours getting a handle on what is happening there.  Evaluating personnel and supervisors on each shift, looking at every expense on the P&L and comparing them to a similar volume facility, setting up camera systems, setting new standards, and building teams on each shift.  I have no doubts I'll be doing some hiring along the way.

Oh, it turns out my lady friend is very open to prepping and my weapons.  She has some interesting stories about when Castro took over Cuba.   She was young but she remembers her family owning a store one day, and then just working in it the next.  Prices on everything went sky high if you could even find them.  A black market evolved and she remembers her mother sending her on the bus with a bag with meat in it, which they got from the store they formally owned, and then trading it for another bag with bread in it.

Her father finally got them out by trading a gold watch he had hidden, when they confiscated everything, to a corrupt official.  She said there was more to that story I haven't heard yet, but that it was very dangerous.  That she loves and admires the man that her father is because he took the risks that were necessary to get his family out.  But she hates that she see's the same thing happening here in almost slow motion.

This woman just amazes me.  She never ceases to impress me.  Some of you guys may think differently about me, but in truth, that's something that is very hard to do.  But she accomplishes it like it was easy.   

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Alex1992

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 05:39:22 PM »
Congratulations Sledge you earned it  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co I wish I had a job I'm 19 and the market is thined to the extreme to everybody else in my age range.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 06:20:35 PM »
awesome sledge. I just got back to work a couple weeks ago after being an unemployed schmuck for over a year. trust me, I can relate, buddy!! happy for you bro.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Bobruffles

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 12:27:02 AM »
Congratz' Good luck on your new job!

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 01:15:37 AM »
Congrats sledge! or should I say BOSS?