Author Topic: What have you done to prep today?  (Read 104559 times)

goodnightChesty1775

Re: What have you done to prep today?
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2011, 02:12:02 AM »
and that makes a +1 for Reaver.

nay a 2 lol

backwoodsboy

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2011, 12:19:53 AM »
hey im just being nice, he does pay the bill.  ;)

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2011, 12:29:13 AM »
-Did an ammo inventory of all calibers in the safe and reorganized mags/ammo boxes for quicker access.

-Put away another 5 gallons of water.
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

backwoodsboy

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2011, 12:32:42 AM »
ammo inventory is great, many people i see buy ammo and have it in all kinds of different bags and pouches. i like to know what i have down to the last bullet.  [url=http://www.freesmileys.or

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2011, 01:49:38 AM »
-Did an ammo inventory of all calibers in the safe and reorganized mags/ammo boxes for quicker access.

-Put away another 5 gallons of water.

Almost exactly what I did.

I got an exact count of rounds. And not 5 gallons of water but close.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2011, 02:00:23 PM »
Another 10lbs of pinto beans/ still waiting on my guy to come through with my bulk buys.
800 rds .22
20 rds 12ga
100 rds .40
200 bore patches
2-30rd AK-Mags
3- 5gal food buckets
1 case canned spinach
1 case canned olives
10lbs baking soda.
and thats this week.
Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.

Offline themighty9mm

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2011, 03:04:35 PM »
Got a food storage shelf put up and put away some canned goods

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2012, 11:53:44 AM »
Been " Fixing " my garage. In realization that my preps have gotten to the point that I must expand my area of operations.

My garage needed to be cleaned and though I am not done. I should be by the end of the day.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2012, 09:23:24 PM »
I have been searching for this topic for the last 15 minutes. This thing should be hit every single day guys. This topic IMO should never leave the top bracket.

Alright so I picked up my AR on Friday. Thing is B/A guys. I mean B to the mother F'N A
( FN barrel pun right there if you noticed )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also sold my Maadi on Saturday at a gunshow.   (  :-[ good bye old girl. )

I took that cash and purchased this. For 300 bucks out the door. That's 30 Cents a round for some decent rounds. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also ( Get ready on the Negative karma switch. ) conned some old dude with cancer in his shoulder to 60 cents a round for 3" 00 buck and slugs.  >:D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picked up some standard 2 3/4 for a decent price.
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/juba811/WROL%20and%20Preps/234.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up some 16 Gauge for my dads " Foraging " shotgun.
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/juba811/WROL%20and%20Preps/16.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on the way home I stopped at a yardsale and got this book for a buck.
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/juba811/WROL%20and%20Preps/Book.jpg

So all in all I think I did pretty well.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:31:56 PM by Reaver »

STRAITJACKET

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2012, 10:04:23 PM »
  Nice Reaver, very nice.  I got my seed trays going today, added some more canned and dry goods to my food preps, and also finished processing 500 pieces of .308 and 500 .223  that I got back at Christmas.

backwoodsboy

« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2012, 11:04:09 PM »
nice gun reaver!  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

UnBroken

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2012, 11:48:38 PM »
Nice job rever and I agree this should always be on the que...

I picked up a 14 square foot freezer for my meat and some other food prep....picked it up for 50 bux on Craigslist. Works great and no blood stains [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at .

The local grocery store was doing 10 for 10 on pasta and 5 lbs bags of rice, pasta sauses and some other little things. I filled up two carts. added 6 months to my food preps.

They are doing another sale next month...i plan on buying another food locker inside of that time  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2012, 09:23:18 AM »
Sunday. Started to rotated the gas in my 5 gallon gas cans. I try to do this exercise every 6 months or so.

I run my truck down to a 1/4 of a tank. Empty one of the 5 gallon cans into the tank. Then go fill up the truck tank and refill the gas can with new gas and stabilizer.

It takes me a couple of weeks to rotate through all of the gas cans.

My wife's car takes high test. I do the same with her car and the gas put aside for it. 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline WhiteWolf

• Committed prepper
  • Once more into the fray.......
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2012, 10:19:08 AM »
I did my frickin' taxes. Yea, ain't much of "prep," but then again my return is going towards paying off some medical bills I acquired without insurance and low and behold will probably go towards my first .22lr. Also, I don't know if any of you guys pay to have yours done, but don't use Jackson-Hewitt. They were going to charge me $275. I did them on my own as usual for $20 to electronically file.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
"You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."
Andrew Jackson

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2012, 11:11:18 AM »
WW, $275-????
I pay that for mine and I only pay that because mine are pretty complicated.

You were smart for walking away and doing your own.

OK, what .22LR is in your future? Don't forget you can buy a drop in conversion for your AR for about the same $$$ as a quality 22.

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

UnBroken

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2012, 11:34:38 AM »
Our aunt does ours for free. But she mails it in so it takes forever to get back

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2012, 11:35:40 AM »
30 cents a round for 223 isn't bad at all Reaver, good job.   [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Crow

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2012, 12:14:02 PM »
They dont know it, but every time I play "guns" with the kids "nerf guns" I'm instilling a lot of trigger dicipline. The oldest has taken to the iscosceles. and the 7 is a natural modified weaver. everytime I make sure they are pieing their corners. clearing rooms properly and COMMUNICATING! its so funny they've started saying hamburger for a threat, frenchfry for an unarmed or "good guy" and happy meal for clear.

I was just using it as an example the first time I told them about it but it stuck i guess what was wierd is they just started actually saying it recently right outta the blue. anyways with having as little money as I do it's hard to do something everyday that has something to do with prepping because most of the things I need to do is GET SHIT STOCKED! and its nearly impossible with all these hungry kids! lol.

Just gonna start telling them, "Dont worry about when dinner is! You starve now so you can eat later!"

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2012, 12:16:55 PM »
They dont know it, but every time I play "guns" with the kids "nerf guns" I'm instilling a lot of trigger dicipline. The oldest has taken to the iscosceles. and the 7 is a natural modified weaver. everytime I make sure they are pieing their corners. clearing rooms properly and COMMUNICATING! its so funny they've started saying hamburger for a threat, frenchfry for an unarmed or "good guy" and happy meal for clear.

I was just using it as an example the first time I told them about it but it stuck i guess what was wierd is they just started actually saying it recently right outta the blue. anyways with having as little money as I do it's hard to do something everyday that has something to do with prepping because most of the things I need to do is GET SHIT STOCKED! and its nearly impossible with all these hungry kids! lol.

Just gonna start telling them, "Dont worry about when dinner is! You starve now so you can eat later!"

That rocks, crow! 

UnBroken

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2012, 01:26:30 PM »
That's fuxking epic crow. My daughter turns 2 this week and already watches weapons shows and goes therw my guns mags. So i can see an Intreast and In time I will show her more but that just gave me some great ideas.

Also crow a prepper rule i have grown to inbrace : when Its cheap, stack it deep

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2012, 01:37:58 PM »
i picked up 250rds of 308

and i am joining a 2 gun league and a pistol combat course league at my local gun club

Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »
I jacked 5 cans of chilli with  beans & 2 cans of fruit ( Sliced Pineapples )  from the pantry.

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co The wife is ganna be pissed!  ::)

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2012, 02:28:31 PM »
In the last week or so i did the following:

-I setup my DVR to record "Doomsday Preppers" on NGC

-I modified my list of items to buy

-I started running (and i dont get shin splints anymore for some reason!!!)

- I practiced cooking and refrying raw pinto beans (if you have any good recipes im all ears)

-I put together my Blow out kit.

-I calculated how much water i have on hand and how long it will last a given number of people

-I bought 500 rounds of 12 gauge 00 Buckshot 2 3/4 and 60 rounds of 12 gauge slugs 2 3/4

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:57:14 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

UnBroken

« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2012, 02:45:42 PM »
In the last week or so i did the following:

-I setup my DVR to record "Doomsday Preppers" on NGC

-I modified my list of items to buy

-I started running (and i dont get shin splints anymore for some reason!!!)

- I practiced cooking and refrying raw pinto beans (if you have any good recipes im all ears)

-I put together my Blow out kit.

-I calculated how much water i have on hand and how long it will last a given number of people

Ken,

The wife just bought a brita water contaner at Walmart for 20 bux. I have filled 30 milk gallons off of that thing. It is the cleanest water I have ever had....water is a prep moat overlook due to the fact that they may have a well or something else.

It's always good to have water on hand just in case

Also, where did you pick up the 12 ga ammo and how much ?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:47:27 PM by UnBroken »