Author Topic: What have you done to prep today?  (Read 106353 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: What have you done to prep today?
« Reply #1000 on: November 12, 2021, 12:20:57 PM »
Good luck Brother :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #1001 on: November 12, 2021, 01:10:48 PM »
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #1002 on: October 09, 2022, 11:54:29 AM »
Drunk purchased a blackhawk X1 raptor pack and an X2 raptor pack. Both in OD green and both in new condition. Should be here by end of the week.

Basically improved verisons of the Eagle Industries and LBT 3 day n 5 day jumpable patrol rucks.

Test them on the trails carrying multiday survival loads
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #1003 on: October 09, 2022, 02:11:25 PM »
Preps today?

I got out of bed - that was the start, about noon.  Headed out with my axe and bowsaw to process more firewood. You can never have too much stacked and dried firewood.  Norse curse: "May your father forget to stack firewood."

73 de Sir John Honeybucket

Recharge batteries and keep your spare electronics in a sealed can
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline RB in GA

• Committed prepper
« Reply #1004 on: October 09, 2022, 02:22:24 PM »
Decided to go to a couple of gun shows- there were, oddly, two within 25 miles of me on the same day.  One was an absolute waste of time and the $5 entry fee- maybe 15 vendors, and prices 2-4x retail. Oddly though it had a huge turn out for its size- guess it was the dearth of shows in that area.   The other was better, but only just. $12 entry, prices about the same BUT the first time I'd seen .410 game loads for sale in 2 years. Overpriced, of course, but I bought 100 rounds to stock up for the grandkids gun. I honestly don't see how the vendors make a profit with table fees being $100/table. It seems the only people to profit are the organizers.  I know it'll be a while before I go to another one.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #1005 on: October 09, 2022, 07:20:04 PM »
RB  :thumbsUp: :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #1006 on: October 09, 2022, 08:05:08 PM »
I left GA a while (6 yrs) back, but the big show in Atlanta was always worth the 180 miles ride to get there.

Found a Springfield Ultra Compact 1911 (3.5 inch barrel) there for a great price.  Private sale and the seller said it had feeding problems and gave me a super great price. 

Research and crocus cloth on the feed ramp fixed the every other round (or more often) jam up.  The ramp was finished side to side and not up/down.  Clean up polish made it my near EDC.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline mfitzy111

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #1007 on: February 15, 2023, 11:57:39 PM »
I secured two kentronics KPC+ TNCs, and ordered cables minus 1. Because I'm not sure what rig the second unit will end up on...I also weight lifted today - leg day! (strong ppl are harder to kill or so I've heard.) I've spent a little part of the day monitoring social media hearing about another train derailment - this one in AZ, and a shut down in NY state ...so OH, SC, TX, AZ and now NY ...monitored scanner for a short time also- heard about a wild fire around Bradford co? Spent some time checking markets. Good news is it was 66 outside so I took a brisk walk with my light pack. I need to dump my ruck and organize and visit a buddy to acquire another cot and 2 military sleeping air mattresses. Got some reading to do. GLTA.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #1008 on: February 16, 2023, 08:22:20 AM »

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #1009 on: February 16, 2023, 07:22:35 PM »
I'm trying to learn more about train derailments, burning chems. govts intentionally burning chems and telling me I can go back home but wont confirm its safe - Ahhh this is a long list to get ready for....

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #1010 on: February 17, 2023, 03:19:42 AM »
I can't speak to any of your other issues but I can tell you about derailers. If you go to any rail yard and go to the end of the rails, you'll find a strong steel brace at the end of the track. You'll also find a derailer bolted to the tracks just in case a train can't stop at the steel brace. I've seen them and they can be unbolted and removed with nothing more than a large adjustable wrench. Once you see how simple the device is, you can make one in about 10 minutes. I'm aftraid that foreign terrorist are well aware of how to make derailers and I suspect we'll see more derailments in the future. The general public is so uneducated, that they believe derailing and other methods of causing havoc are complex and hard to achieve. My fear is that we are in for a lot of that sort of activity in the near future.

Offline RB in GA

• Committed prepper
« Reply #1011 on: February 17, 2023, 05:06:38 PM »
 There's a good idea on train intel in the last S2 underground posting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzGRfoQq06w

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #1012 on: February 17, 2023, 07:10:16 PM »
When I was researching my BOL, one of the criteria, was the distance of railroads from the BOL.  We eliminated several possible locations due to the close proximity to railroads.  The closest railroad to our current BOL is at least 15 miles away.  You really don't know what is being transported via rail.

Back on topic, did some physical training and some research today.  I didn't really want to venture outdoors, but I was also thinking that there's someone in the world training in similar conditions right now with the goal to kill me and destroy our country.  So, I stayed on course and froze my butt off.  I guess that's one way to build character.  I'll sleep well tonight.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #1013 on: February 17, 2023, 10:56:37 PM »
Hmmm... Jackalope has considered something that I didn't. I will only Bug Out as a last resort but I've got a premarked map in my bug out backpack that shows about 5 ot 6 possible locations. The farthest one away is about 120 miles. I picked locations that were at least one mile away from the nearest house. Most of them are about 2 miles from the nearest house. I did that because I don't want anyone to hear me shooting at small game because they might come to see who is doing the shooting. All my BOL's are on Public land. Damn!!! Its hard as Hell to find a spot anywhere in Virginia that is at least a mile from somebody's house.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #1014 on: February 18, 2023, 04:56:10 PM »
Hmmm... Jackalope has considered something that I didn't. I will only Bug Out as a last resort but I've got a premarked map in my bug out backpack that shows about 5 ot 6 possible locations. The farthest one away is about 120 miles. I picked locations that were at least one mile away from the nearest house. Most of them are about 2 miles from the nearest house. I did that because I don't want anyone to hear me shooting at small game because they might come to see who is doing the shooting. All my BOL's are on Public land. Damn!!! Its hard as Hell to find a spot anywhere in Virginia that is at least a mile from somebody's house.

When it hits the fan there will be thousands of people, some with plans and locations and others just wondering, looking for a place to stay and they wont care if someone else is there first. If I were in your shoes I would plan on hiking till I didn't see anyone in any direction for at least a week before setting up a semi-permanent residence

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #1015 on: February 19, 2023, 07:18:37 PM »
All my BOL's are on Public land. Damn!!! Its hard as Hell to find a spot anywhere in Virginia that is at least a mile from somebody's house.

I will have to get some compass readings from my backyard to Sharptop and Flattop.  If those marker points move we all gonna die anyway so they are good.

And similar directions to my BOL.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #1016 on: June 06, 2023, 09:20:28 PM »
I setup the app Duolingo* and started learning French. I?m optimistic I?ll be aggressive and learn it quickly. Then learn another shortly afterwards. I just chose French because?.

I think learning languages is essential to navigating the future. It?s a necessary skill for a GW which is why every Green Beret must learn a new before they graduate.

*I was able to access Duolingo because after 17 months I got the nerve to setup my iPhone 13. In the middle of a mental health situation but it has led me down a path of education on dealing w mental trauma, ptsd, and helping survivors of rape and sexual assault. No, I wasnt butt raped  :pissed: But thankfully helping women deal mentally w being raped in a grid down scenario is significantly less dependent on the grid then medical wounds. Details later.

Hint: stock up on yoga mats. They are $10 at Walmart

Also recently purchased an AWS assault beavertail pack in M81 so once I figure out how to host images on this damn place, I?ll post an article.

Also have a gig at a fairly famous trauma center so expect more medical related posts along w the psych stuff.

And book reviews

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #1017 on: June 06, 2023, 09:49:56 PM »
If you need any help with French, I'll be glad to assist.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #1018 on: June 06, 2023, 09:58:31 PM »
Any tips on where to learn military lingo and team movements?

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #1019 on: June 07, 2023, 01:07:37 AM »
A French Foreign Legion site would probably be your best bet.  There are French-English military dictionaries, Amazon probably has a selection.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #1020 on: June 07, 2023, 01:44:17 AM »
Thanks. I think aside from English and Spanish, French is the most commonly spoke language in CONUS.

Also bought a used version of an out of print book released in ?53 titled ?Guerilla Surgeon ? about a Canadian Army Surgeon who parachuted into Yugoslavia to work with the Yugoslavian partisans fighting the NAZIs. Hope to learn more about handling combat trauma wounds w little if any supplies.

I?ll try to enter report as soon as it arrives from Europe.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #1021 on: June 16, 2023, 12:20:37 AM »
Upped Duolingo to also include Spanish, Japanese and Hebrew. On a 10 days streak w French.

?Guerilla Surgeon? has some interesting info and plan to post book report when finished

Ordered a holster for my USP45 that can also accommodate it?s weapons light. It?s a nylon Blackhawk but if it was good enough for Green Berets going into Afghanistan solo then I think I can work w it.

Also relistening to podcast of Risky Chrisky where he interviews estranged member mechmedic and the topic of skedco litter comes up and how a tacmed solution foxtrot litter is a much more affordable replacement. After watching a recent video of a green berets load out in Afghanistan and how his second most important item was his skedco litter I broke down and bought a foxtrot litter off of eBay nice addition to patrol medic load out  :gunner:.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #1022 on: June 16, 2023, 09:49:17 AM »
 :thumbsUp: Deathstyle.

Turned in a "cut sheet" for half a steer yesterday.

Finished planting my garden. THANK GOD!

Finishing up Field Day preps.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #1023 on: June 16, 2023, 01:32:31 PM »
Went to the Coin Dealer today and spent more money than I wanted to for "FEAR OF MISSING OUT." Economically, the world is going crazy and I don't want to get caught with my pants down. I also reloaded my supply of DASANI for the wife and COCA COLA for me.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #1024 on: June 17, 2023, 10:41:06 AM »
PKv,  :thumbsUp: