Author Topic: was fucking with BP &  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
was fucking with BP &
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:22:41 PM »
Well lets just say another lesson not learned...give it 6 months maybe 9 and i'll do it again.

My right hand is pretty roasted guys. Caught right in the burn too... was pretty awesome i laughed it off but...its pretty painful
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline technique

• Death-Merchant
  • Senior Prepper
    • Paleo Prepper
Re: was fucking with BP &
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »
I knew a guy who accidentally killed himself messing with BP.

Glad you're alright.
Follow me on Instagram - technique408

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »
BP meaning Black Pepper?

Gods speed Reaver.

FORUM, What home remedy can you suggest? On Mr L&L someone recommended pure vanilla.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 10:24:23 PM »
BP?

Offline technique

• Death-Merchant
  • Senior Prepper
    • Paleo Prepper
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
Black powder.

Or Black Power!! O0
Follow me on Instagram - technique408

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 10:28:10 PM »
Oh well then.. good work Reaver.. Apply a large dose of "quit being a dumbass" to that and better luck next time.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 11:18:38 PM »
Sorry that happened to you Reaver.  I know it's got to suck.  Burns and toothaches are pretty much the worst pain I can thing of.  They just won't go away until they go away. 

Sorry it happened to you buddy.  It'll feel better at some point.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline WhiskeyJack

• Committed prepper
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 11:33:57 PM »
Hey rever. Im sorry you got burned. but youmay be able to use this. If its bad enough go to doc and see if you can get silverdine cream for it. if you dont need it ad it to ur preps. the shit is awsome man. Just a thought man.But i hope your ok.
Good whiskey, makes Jack Rabbit smack da bear.

southern patriot

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 12:42:53 AM »
Your right hand? :o

Boonedawg

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 02:42:02 AM »
 Guess it's "the stranger" for you for a while.   :D

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 08:21:39 AM »
Guess it's "the stranger" for you for a while.   :D

Nah, the stranger is when you sit on your hand 'til it goes numb and then you go at it.  LOL

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 12:24:59 PM »
its actually not the bad after a night of pain. All it did was cook the first layer of skin on most of my fingers. All the skin is dead. When I poke it I feel only pressure not texture or anything else. Crazy kinda cool. The tops of my fingers still hurt but not much.
You can clearly see where it cooked my the top of my ring finger to the knuckle.& the left side of my thumb is the same as the ring finger.

The conclusion, Next time I'm at the flea market. ( you guys should too ) I'm going to get an aloe plant. there like two bucks and they grow like weeds. You can Use them for cuts, burns, food. All sorts. So I did learn something. Like I said, give it 6-9 months and I'll do something dumb again.
Im really shocked I made it this long after the deployment for something like this to happen.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 12:27:42 PM »
its actually not the bad after a night of pain. All it did was cook the first layer of skin on most of my fingers. All the skin is dead. When I poke it I feel only pressure not texture or anything else. Crazy kinda cool. The tops of my fingers still hurt but not much.
You can clearly see where it cooked my the top of my ring finger to the knuckle.& the left side of my thumb is the same as the ring finger.

The conclusion, Next time I'm at the flea market. ( you guys should too ) I'm going to get an aloe plant. there like two bucks and they grow like weeds. You can Use them for cuts, burns, food. All sorts. So I did learn something. Like I said, give it 6-9 months and I'll do something dumb again.
Im really shocked I made it this long after the deployment for something like this to happen.

just make sure you keep your shoes on.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 01:30:42 PM »
Its one of my rules bro.

I think I have disclosed them prior somewhere.

1. If your messing with fire put on shoes
2. If your having any booze put shoes on

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 01:34:15 PM »
I should have thrown in a "bummer," burns suck.

Good advice on the shoes though. Might I add that we should all own tinted safety glasses? I find that I always have then around if I can wear them as sunglasses.

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 05:50:10 PM »
I should have thrown in a "bummer," burns suck.

Good advice on the shoes though. Might I add that we should all own tinted safety glasses? I find that I always have then around if I can wear them as sunglasses.
I couldn't agree with you more if you were a supermodel blond with a bottle of vodka and an AK!  I actually do have tinted safety glasses that I wear as sunglasses and I love them.  And at $18 bucks (that's cheaper than cheap walmarx sunglasses) for 12 pairs I can afford to stock up!  Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-PAIR-1700RT-SERIES-SMOKE-GRAY-LENS-SAFETY-GLASSES-/230332014427?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a0db9f5b

They sell then in multiple quantities and styles so check out their store.
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Johnny Tremain

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 12:04:20 AM »
The question would be. What did you do?

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 12:40:11 AM »
The question would be. What did you do?

I am not at liberty to discuss my actions over the internet at what happened. Just know that Black Powder burn very fast.

For me, it is lesson like 28 or so.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Ghost

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 06:42:01 AM »
First I thought you meant British Petroleum :))

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 09:02:26 AM »
Reaver wrote:
I am not at liberty to discuss my actions over the internet at what happened. Just know that Black Powder burn very fast.

For me, it is lesson like 28 or so.

Well daaaaaah! Sorry Reaver but you should know that by now. Also BP burns really suck! Been there and done that!

When you look at my right hand- The web between your thumb and forefinger, you will notice some weird tattoos. Well they are not tattoos in the strict use of the word. They are burnt spots put there over years of shooting my BP flint lock rifles. I also have small dings in my glasses and they are from pieces of the flint breaking off during the firing process. 

I feel for you...Take care.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 12:38:05 PM »
You should post a YT video showing the damage to your person.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 01:14:08 PM »
Its not that bad, just some wrapped blisters around my thumb and tops of fingers. It was a lot more painful than it looks.

I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I made such a big deal out of it & its only a little burn. If you want to see a good one. Check this out. This happened in July 2006 & its one of my best one's.
This was about 4-8 minutes after impact, and I was ground zero.

Please note, the black is not only sulfur from left over powder but it steel as well.
Also note, that I had to scrub that shit out of my face & if you want to talk about painful...that was very very painful. So painful that I decided that it was worth the possible infection under my right eye from a piece of steel so I left it there.
Both my eyes where black for a week and a half from the concussion & blast. I also broke my pinky in that blast.
I'm really lucky the main charge didn't det and it stayed in the mortar tube. I'm also really lucky nothing fragmented.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:16:29 PM by Reaver »

Ghost

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 01:17:14 PM »
Very attractive mate :)) [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 01:18:52 PM »
OUCH man!

Please take care of yourself!

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 01:42:12 PM »
Damn Reaver.  Why were you smiling in that pic?  I'm starting to think you need to stay away from things that could hurt you.  Some people are said to attract lightening.  You seem to attract explosions.

Shit, be careful man.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco