Author Topic: Using Steel Plates and Bullet Fragmentation  (Read 2027 times)

goodnightChesty1775

Re: Using Steel Plates and Bullet Fragmentation
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 11:07:15 PM »
As an experiment why don't you try the same thing with 33 pounds in your pack?

For the record I am 13% body fat and I will walk damn near anyone of you into the ground if you ever wanna give it a try.

lets do it bich! gotta get ready for ranger school anyway!

there are other ceramic and compsite multi hit plates that are a shit load lighter than the GI sapi's too....i would spend the coin on them to save the weight.

now its been a while since i read up on the plates hes talking about in this vid, but just a few more nails to hammer down before you burn a whole mess of cash
PICO Intro.m4v
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:13:59 PM by goodnightChesty1775 »

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 11:19:33 PM »
LoL Chesty!

You were one of the ones that statement doesn't apply too..  You're a PT God and you know it!

If only we were on the same coast you could inspire me and I could share my superior skills as an asshole.

1000meterstare

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 07:00:03 PM »
The thing that despressed me about this video was the childlike, sophmoric way these folks conducted themselves.  Nation's finest my ass!

Offline technique

• Death-Merchant
  • Senior Prepper
    • Paleo Prepper
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 10:08:45 PM »
The thing that despressed me about this video was the childlike, sophmoric way these folks conducted themselves.  Nation's finest my ass!

Yeah, M855 isn't an AP round. It's meant for barrier penetration, and stabilization. It has been know to pierce through older
types of armor- but it's not AP. The video lacks substance.

I know Hoss has put out some useful info to people. I know that.
Honestly though, some of them, like this video, is NOT good info. What it is, is an attempt to justify a purchase from a
financially challenged standpoint. Perhaps instead of justification of a bad purchase, the assessment of said purchase
should have been called into question vs. purchasing and justifying. I would rather run NO plates vs. Steel plates, YMMV. 
Follow me on Instagram - technique408

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 04:08:35 AM »

Yeah, M855 isn't an AP round. It's meant for barrier penetration, and stabilization. It has been know to pierce through older
types of armor- but it's not AP. The video lacks substance.

I know Hoss has put out some useful info to people. I know that.
Honestly though, some of them, like this video, is NOT good info. What it is, is an attempt to justify a purchase from a
financially challenged standpoint. Perhaps instead of justification of a bad purchase, the assessment of said purchase
should have been called into question vs. purchasing and justifying. I would rather run NO plates vs. Steel plates, YMMV.

I know we have had our differences, but I'm glad your back man.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 10:16:36 PM »
Well, I am kind of turned on by light weight lvl 3 plates. But I am not going ceramic. What do you guys recomend about other types of plates?

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 08:40:06 PM »
Dont get shot! HDPE is your only other option  as far as I know. Thats right coke bottles.