Author Topic: Unpopular opinion time. I have no problem with CTD selling AR mags for $100+  (Read 1048 times)

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
  • Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
What we refer to as a "free market" is not, we may never know how well "free market economy" actually works, but I'm sick of semantics. 

If you are willing to buy a low to mid-quality product at inflated prices, I ask three things of you.  1) don't be upset when the price does not come back down, it is you're fault, 2) if the prices do come back down, don't pat yourself on the back, you were not the cause of lowered prices, and  3) take an introspective look at how often you are not willing to buy a quality product for a higher price at a mom-and-pop shop, if you can buy a cheapshit version at home depot.  Why not spend a slightly higher price to support small, steady business all of the time, instead of a stupidly inflated price now? 

It is up to you the consumer, but don't bullshit yourself about being a true fucking capitalist-- just because your suitcase fits in the bin doesn't mean it's a carry on.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

You have freedom when you're easy in your harness.
Robert Frost

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
It is up to you the consumer, but don't bullshit yourself about being a true fucking capitalist

You're the one who wants to 'support' a mom & pop store. Isn't this basically a safetey net? You are giving a buisness a little extra just so they can stay in buisness and you have the gall to say I am not a capitalist? Explain.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
  • Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
It is up to you the consumer, but don't bullshit yourself about being a true fucking capitalist

You're the one who wants to 'support' a mom & pop store. Isn't this basically a safetey net? You are giving a buisness a little extra just so they can stay in buisness and you have the gall to say I am not a capitalist? Explain.
I wasn't saying specifically you, Grudgie, it was more of a blanket statement that no one is a true capitalist.  I was simply saying that we're all guilty of buying things that are the closest representation of what we actually want because it's what's available, that may mean in terms of price, product materials, product function, product service, etc...  Our willingness to settle for good enough has, over the years turned into us having very few, low-quality options that only remotely resemble what we want, that's what happened with our two party political system as well.

I'm tired of what I actually want not being on the shelf.  What I really want is to buy good quality, USA made products sold at the appropriate market price.  Why can't I do this, because consumer decisions have gradually selected for cheapshit, outsourced products that have out-competed better products, and now those companies have us by the balls because everyone else has been run out of business. 

This is not the case with guns and ammo, yet.  There's such a huge market and relatively even spread of small, medium, big business involved.  What I'm saying is, let's keep it that way.   
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

You have freedom when you're easy in your harness.
Robert Frost

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne