Author Topic: Today (Saturday) I just sunk a couple grand into Silver  (Read 381 times)

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
Today (Saturday) I just sunk a couple grand into Silver
« on: October 20, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »
Why?

Silver is very low right now so its a good buy IMO.

If the plan to isolate Iran works out then it will pull tons of oil off the market.

This will raise the price of oil. Commodities live Silver often follow oil.
Also the current issue with Saudi Arabia is likely to create uncertainty in the markets which also tends to increase commodities.

So even though now was not the perfect time for me to buy I bit the bullet and did it anyway.
Over the weekend Silver spot is locked in I expect a rise on Monday.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:10:56 PM by Erick »
Every day, men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: Today (Saturday) I just sunk a couple grand into Silver
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 06:29:14 PM »
Saudi Arabia got caught.  Things will be in a snit in the royal family for a few months and the rest of the world will be real mad at them for longer.

Their military is built on US stuff.  They need parts, repairs, replacements and that stuff.  We have them on a short string.

They have lots and lots of oil.  The rest of the world needs it.  We are self producing more than we are using and exporting oil and gas.

They are going to be nice and push prices down ($2.80 or so in last couple days) so Trump gets credit and the rest of the world is happier.  Also to push down ability of Iran to sneak out oil. 

https://www.nasdaq.com/markets/crude-oil.aspx

All the goings on over there are going to be helpful to us over the winter and most of next year at least.

As far as sliver, its currently going about $14.60 an ounce plus some for eagles or coinage, buy more.  Just more. 

monex.com

Erick.  You done good.  Get more.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 01:10:09 AM »
I've got so much prepper crap stored away, I can't think of anything else to buy except a little bit more nonperishable food. I started buying Silver about 2 years ago and every chance I get, I buy all I can afford. Whatever happens all over the world doesn't interest me as far as Silver goes. All I know is Silver has always been money and I refuse to get caught with my pants down.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 07:56:54 PM »
Thats why I call it 3Bs plus 2.  Bullets, beans, bandages plus bullion and barter.

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 07:03:44 AM »
Thats why I call it 3Bs plus 2.  Bullets, beans, bandages plus bullion and barter.

Nemo

and P - peanut butter - don't forget the peanut butter :)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 12:43:07 AM »
I got enough PBJ to support myself on that alone for probably 40 years. 

PB is the ambrosia of the gods.  Beer is the nectar.

Nemo