Author Topic: Three days in a row...  (Read 585 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Three days in a row...
« on: May 03, 2018, 07:26:58 AM »
Most of the readers of this forum live south of the Mason Dixon line or in other parts of the globe that is not affected by the NE winters so probably do not care of what I am about to write.

We have had three days in a row with morning temps above 32 degrees up here at the redoubt. Three days in a row without snow on the ground from the night before.

As I type this msg the temperature out side is 66 degrees. Can it be a sign that spring is on the way?  :pirateThumbUp:

I hope I justdidn't upset the weather gods.  ;)
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline cooter

• Prepper
Re: Three days in a row...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 08:25:30 AM »
You folks got hammered this past winter.  Which is why I moved to FL.  I don't miss it.

Mike

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 08:33:05 AM »
Er'body is gonna be underwater by 2020
Every citizen should be a soldier.  This was the case for the Greeks and Romans ans must be that of every free state. - T Jefferson

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 08:37:58 AM »
 :lmfao: oh yeah.  ;)

Currahee, I saw the green things which I think are called leaves in your recent video. I was envious.  :cheers:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 09:39:33 AM »
I have no doubt today will be the 3rd (and tomorrow likely 4th) day in a row with the temps above 80 degrees.

NEENER NEENER!

Nemo  :baconDance:
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 10:09:27 AM »
   The warmth is welcome.  We had 3"-4" of snow Sunday into Monday morning.  In fact, I had to use four wheel drive to go to work Monday morning.  Yesterday, the temperature was up 78 F.  There are still snow piles in the yard, and of course there's one right in front of the shed where the motorcycles are stored.  So, hopefully, the motorcycles will be on the road next week.  There's still a good bit of frost in the ground, so no rototilling this weekend. Everyone is ready for spring up here!  But then again, the blackflies will be out in another week or so.

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 08:53:04 PM »
If you get sympathy from us now will we get it in a month when air air-conditioner has to be running full blast at 10pm?
Every citizen should be a soldier.  This was the case for the Greeks and Romans ans must be that of every free state. - T Jefferson

gadget99

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 07:54:51 AM »
We can count ourselves lucky on this front.

Here on the Isle Of Wight we have a unique micro climate.

Never really gets to cold or to hot.

The only complaint anyone could have is when we get storms coming off the sea.

Yet I love them. We had a few with 80 to 90 mph winds this year and it was bliss.

A good Irish coffee sitting by the fire listening to the wind going over the house. The advantage of a stone built cottage with slate roofing.

Cheers

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 03:36:44 PM »
Oh Gadget that sounds GREAT!

When we lived in Rhode Island our house was on stilts right on the water. Well 12 hours a day (6 then 6, 6 hours later) over the water. When a Nor'easter blew it was a total joy to have a fire burning in the wood stove and watching the larger than normal waves. If it was a Sunday, there would be a roast in the oven, the TV set watching Mr. Brady beat up on some defensive squad of a inferior football team, while sipping a nice glass of wine. Now that is living.

Up at the cabin, similar joy can be had but with 12+ inches of snow raining down on us.

I know how you feel Gadget.  :cheers:

Offline Rogue-Metalsmith

• Prepper
  • Never stop learning
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 04:08:41 AM »
... i really wish i can wake up in winter and snow is my biggest worry.

:coffeeNews:

i see you all have been keeping busy.

RM
 :zombitron:
Sunny side up

RM

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 07:48:30 PM »
... i really wish i can wake up in winter and snow is my biggest worry.

:coffeeNews:

i see you all have been keeping busy.

RM
 :zombitron:

:lmfao:
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 06:31:29 AM »
Hear ya' R-M. Yes we don't have the weight of being attacked over our heads as you and your family does.

Peace be with you.