Author Topic: The Drums of War: Is A US Attack on Syria Eminent  (Read 2052 times)

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
Re: The Drums of War: Is A US Attack on Syria Eminent
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 10:31:46 AM »
JM, to be sure Syria is a diversion with an agenda.  And from the hearings it looks like most all of the players are going to fall in line with their votes.  Although Obama care, like a lot of other national issues, will be most likely affected, I think they are playing for something a lot deeper and more fundamental with world wide implications. 

Due to the financial crisis which has been an outright theft, the US is on the verge of losing credibility and influence around the world.  The only thing that we have that makes us a viable power at this point is that our nukes (bought and paid for before we were robbed) are still in place.  We were able to influence world events financially in the past few decades.  That seems to be coming to an end due to what has been done to the dollar value by printing money out of thin air or digitally adding zeros by the fed reserve.  It is now paper with nothing to back it except nukes.  No one wants it or wants to accept the dollar.  But the fear of US nuke reprisal is the only thing which can keep the worthless paper afloat.

Our Gov sees Syria as a way to stave off the inevitable for a little longer.  Our competitors see Syria as a changing of the guard.

There is a lot at stake for those who have robbed our country blind and those around the world who look to take their place.  Not to mention for the rest of us poor schmucks who make up the worlds population.   

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:33:54 AM by sledge »

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 11:12:51 AM »
Ya'll realize that Obama care can't be defunded, dontcha? Talk about distractions from the do-nothing GOP.

I expect my crappy health insurance to become hella better based on what I'm reading from my provider because of Obama care, or whatever it's called.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:37:08 AM by crudos »

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 12:38:32 PM »
... I expect my crappy health insurance to become hella better based on what I'm reading from my provider because of Obama care, or whatever it's called.
O RLY??  You expect to still have a full-time job (and therefore insurance) after "obamacare" goes into effect?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:43:21 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 01:17:13 PM »
SK, yes I do. My situation is probably different from most people in regards to healthcare. Don't want to get into it here, but if interested, feel free to pm me.
 :dancingGrenade:

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 01:24:01 PM »
Yea, this has got to more than a diversion to pass Obama care. If it is, it is an absolute shame that someone would be that irresponsible threatening war just to pass a policy.

I think it has more to do with Syria and Iran not using the dollar to trade oil.

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 02:11:19 PM »
I could definitely see this as a distraction tactic from the economic situation and trying to shore up the dollar. 

There's a lot of sense to that line of thought, though I always try to remember that the more people you have in a conspiracy the harder it is to keep secret.  This would be a pretty big number of people who'd need to be in on it - the policy makers and advisors who truly think a collapse is imminent or even are just thinking our influence is waning too much, the analysts and advisors who would have had to search the world for an appropriate conflict, the lawmakers who had to be brought on board to do the hearings and the interviews and then cast their votes.  All it would take is one Snowden and the whole thing would be out in the open. 

Still, that said, the idea makes a chilling kind of sense.  War is expensive for a reason - it gives people work to do making bombs and bandages.  It keeps the patriotic fervor going so that we hail our soldiers as heroes rather than questioning why they're in the places they're in.  It eats up nightly air time that is already crunched for time for actual news (even the "good" shows have only about three or four major stories in each broadcast, with a lot of feel-good, filler crap).  It certainly distracts from the debt limit/government funding issues about to hit this and next month, and the complete uselessness of our elected officials in dealing with it, Re-bumbling-cans and Demo-flats alike.  It tries to show our country's morals and ethics (ha! OK, the morals and ethics that our schoolbooks say we have) are still relevant on the world stage.

I don't know - maybe, just maybe, our government is really trying to do what they collectively feel is right.  I sure wouldn't bet on it, though.
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 02:56:16 PM »
As we approach the day of Obamacare and raising the debt limit (~Oct 1) I am going to start a subject on it to keep this subject/thread on topic which is Syria.

I would love to read an ongoing debate on that subject.

http://unchainedpreppers.com/forum/general-discussion/october-1-obamacare-debt-limit-debate/
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:18:17 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »
I could definitely see this as a distraction tactic from the economic situation and trying to shore up the dollar. 

There's a lot of sense to that line of thought, though I always try to remember that the more people you have in a conspiracy the harder it is to keep secret.  This would be a pretty big number of people who'd need to be in on it - the policy makers and advisors who truly think a collapse is imminent or even are just thinking our influence is waning too much, the analysts and advisors who would have had to search the world for an appropriate conflict, the lawmakers who had to be brought on board to do the hearings and the interviews and then cast their votes.  All it would take is one Snowden and the whole thing would be out in the open. 

Still, that said, the idea makes a chilling kind of sense.  War is expensive for a reason - it gives people work to do making bombs and bandages.  It keeps the patriotic fervor going so that we hail our soldiers as heroes rather than questioning why they're in the places they're in.  It eats up nightly air time that is already crunched for time for actual news (even the "good" shows have only about three or four major stories in each broadcast, with a lot of feel-good, filler crap).  It certainly distracts from the debt limit/government funding issues about to hit this and next month, and the complete uselessness of our elected officials in dealing with it, Re-bumbling-cans and Demo-flats alike.  It tries to show our country's morals and ethics (ha! OK, the morals and ethics that our schoolbooks say we have) are still relevant on the world stage.

I don't know - maybe, just maybe, our government is really trying to do what they collectively feel is right.  I sure wouldn't bet on it, though.

Considering the recent government scandals, do you really put it past them to set up a central bank in Syria under the guise of protecting chieldren?

It's really not even a conspiracy theory. It's just part of the old proverbial game of politics. Lets not forget that even some of our founders were guilty of false propaganda to start a war.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:05:31 PM by Grudgie »

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »
General Wesley Clark from 2007, the plan is still being followed with Syria....

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 10:54:36 PM »
though I always try to remember that the more people you have in a conspiracy the harder it is to keep secret.  This would be a pretty big number of people who'd need to be in on it -

WPW, to help fathom how so many people could be in on it.  Think of most of those persons in the Senate, House, and Administration as well paid employees who do what they are told.  (unfortunately,they are not the people's employees.)  Those employees vote the way that their paychecks tell them to. (Kind of like union members.)  Maybe that will also help to explain why other legislation gets passed that has a distinct rotten smell to it.

Syra is about Russia's gas pipeline plan.  Their control of natural gas won't help us sustain the petrol dollar,  and those who have amassed great fortune with world power distributed the way that it has been sure as hell don't want to see that system changed in Russia's favor.   

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 04:59:50 AM »
WPW, to help fathom how so many people could be in on it.  Think of most of those persons in the Senate, House, and Administration as well paid employees who do what they are told.  (unfortunately,they are not the people's employees.)  Those employees vote the way that their paychecks tell them to. (Kind of like union members.)  Maybe that will also help to explain why other legislation gets passed that has a distinct rotten smell to it.

Yep. Those politicians in power did'nt get where they are today by getting cold feet and wanting to do the right thing.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:15:04 PM by special-k »

Offline Well-Prepared Witch

• Committed prepper
    • The Well-Prepared Witch
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 12:46:17 PM »
Yep. Those politicians in power did'nt get where they are today by getting cold feet and wanting to do the right thing.

You have a bitterly accurate point. :( 
If that which you seek you find not within yourself, you shall never find it without.  - Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente
http://wellpreparedwitch.com