Author Topic: Solar Panel Confiscation  (Read 239 times)

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Solar Panel Confiscation
« on: June 07, 2023, 10:25:08 PM »
     Suppose an EMP does actually occur.  No biggie, you think.  Your solar panels will meet most of your household needs.  But what happens if your local emergency management office decides they need more power for their needs. Hey look! There's a house with lots of solar panels.  So, the emergency management office decides to commandeer your panels. After all, the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few...

What recourse does the solar panel owner have?  The same could apply to a generator, or to propane tanks.  These are resources that the community needs, but does their needs outweigh your needs?  Is this a line in the sand, where thievery in the name of the public is acceptable?  What do you do, besides sit in the dark?  What would you do?

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Solar Panel Confiscation
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 10:39:40 AM »
Great question. You could broaden that question to a lot of things in the prep bucket. Food, personally grown veggies, critters, etc.

This is where a local and I mean like neighbor local, MAG comes in handy.

On another hand and very similar, when do "they" force you to take in illegal immigrants to your home? They are trying to incentivize this in NYC. If you take in a immigrant you will receive $3.5K to offset the cost of your new house guest. When this falls apart, when will it become mandatory.

We see a little bit of our future in the film Doctor Zhivago. By the way, this film not unlike Orwell's 1984 is a look into our future.

Doctor Zhivago comes home from the war and his home has been taken over by new residents. "The Party" determined his home was too big for one family and assigned refugees to his home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq__Z-Z_Ofs

A look into the future. Enjoy

:popcorn:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 07:32:15 PM »
Seizure (with or without "fair" compensation) is the law of the land folks.    It's how we are able to connect right-of-ways for infrastructure like roads, prisons, schools, etc.   I am pretty sure folks are mostly familiar with the concept of government exercising "Imminent Domain".   It's been used with some discretion for a long time until fairly recently.
It's also how rich SOBs are now getting richer by getting someone's home condemned, purchased and demolished for that New, Must-Have, Sports Stadium, 'cuz dontcha  know...  the community really could use the exponentially larger revenue generated by that patch of ground if it was redeveloped properly ... do it for the children.
JM nails it - you _must_ have a MAG, hopefully one that is in at least occasionally in contact with like-minded MAGs.
Anyone local who would try the initial gambits for something like panel seizures _must_ be identified along with their family location/residence.    Escalation past initial stoppage?    Oh , yeah... it gets much uglier, cuz our enemies are playing for ALL of the chips and they are WAY ahead of us with that "ends justifies the means" stuff.   And so far, they control resources that make ours look like an ant standing next to an elephant.   (subject to change if/when these AHs get too far over the tips of their skis')
Good men will be forced to do bad things or buckle under and endure the consequences for as long as they might live.

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 11:20:13 PM »
BUT THAT's NOT FAAAAIR!

"A machine gun beats four Aces."
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 10:21:57 AM »
Seizure (with or without "fair" compensation) is the law of the land folks.

Its an emergency.

They are needed for the greater good.  Along with your stored foodstuff and all other things.

We will deal with the compensation at a later time.  If you live that long.

After all, we are the govt and we are here to help you.

We know best.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 10:56:36 AM »
Seizure (with or without "fair" compensation) is the law of the land folks.

Its an emergency.

They are needed for the greater good.  Along with your stored foodstuff and all other things.

We will deal with the compensation at a later time.  If you live that long.

After all, we are the govt and we are here to help you.

We know best.

Nemo

So, how do we react?  If I have saved and obtained provisions for my family, why should I simply give them to a government?  A MAG would be helpful to provide backup, but it's all going to come down to a pissing match with firearms.  As Heinlein wrote in Starship Troopers: "Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

A government thinks might makes right.  A government, like a mob, doesn't have a conscience.  Ultimately, you have to decide whether a confiscation is your line in the sand.  A person needs to consider the consequences of their actions and whether escalation is required.  I'm guessing that life in the future is going to be brutal and short.  Folks need to harden their hearts and prepare their souls, because a storm is coming.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2023, 01:33:22 PM »
Molon Labe
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2023, 05:25:18 PM »
I'm not very concerned about Solar Panel Confiscation. We have so many solar farms around me that I can't count them all. However, I am concerned about confiscation of other prepper items. Anyone who takes my supplies will be placing themselves in jeopardy because I know a guy who knows a guy who owns a baseball bat and a shovel.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2023, 09:35:16 AM »
PKv wrote, "I know a guy who knows a guy who owns a baseball bat and a shovel."

Note to self..."Add some lime to the preps".

:coffeeNews:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2023, 10:40:20 AM »
Does he prefer wood or aluminum.  Wood gives a good clunk but aluminum pings too much.

Always keep a spare shovel and lime.  They are both really good for the garden.  An extra barrel is good too for the winter.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2023, 12:55:39 PM »
Does he prefer wood or aluminum.  Wood gives a good clunk but aluminum pings too much.

Always keep a spare shovel and lime.  They are both really good for the garden.  An extra barrel is good too for the winter.

Nemo

A backhoe too
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Trail Ninja

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2023, 10:35:02 PM »
All are targets in my opinion. But "tyrannical" does not only apply to a federal government; also my opinion. And this is exactly where an adequately sized MAG fits, in a scenario like this.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2023, 08:28:19 AM »
Trail Ninja,  :thumbsUp: