Author Topic: Snow Day Homework  (Read 298 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Snow Day Homework
« on: December 16, 2020, 10:16:21 AM »
Well, it appears we are predicted to receive 15-20" of snow over the next 24-hours here in NE Pennsylvania. Oh boy, it is a snow day...No school probably through the weekend - YAHOO! Oh wait, there is the PLA Virus in play, so we do not have school anyway. Sorry I digress.

I was just reading about Kyle Biedermann State Representative for Texas, and his proposal to start the debate for Texas to secede from the Union using the states. Not unlike the United Kingdom leaving the European Union ala Brexit, Biedermann is putting forth to the Texas Legislature the Texit Referendum.

Okay, now your homework...

Please reread the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776.

Once you reread the document, feel free to comment on the Texit Referendum and where we are today versus where we were 245-years ago. 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Snow Day Homework
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 02:46:54 AM »
'bout to read the Anti-Federalists Papers then read up on Samuel Adams a.k.a. The Father of the Revolution.
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 10:05:02 AM »
so much for homework.....had to go back to the old Mk1 Mod0 shovel.  The snowblower gave up the ghost this morning.  It was undersized and overworked for its long and distinguished life.....

Chris

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 10:35:39 AM »
LOL! Got 26" here at he redoubt.

The las TWP plow that went down our 2-track dirt road was at 2130 hrs lat night. I will wait till they go through again and then fire-up the the strategically positioned Kubta and start clearing snow.

CJS06, we were worried about our friends in RI loosing power. At least ya' got that going for you.

I will post a report about our weather event early this PM today.

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 11:55:02 AM »
   I was wondering how much snow you got Johny, as the news reported 40" in Binghamton.  I talked with my Dad this morning, and he said they had about 30" in the southern Adirondacks, and it was still snowing.  We had a light dusting here this morning, which stuck mostly on elevated surfaces, like my vehicle and our back deck.  Life is good in TN.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 05:43:23 PM »
I got a rather light dusting.  Waited until the sun came out to melt the windshield before I decided to not go anywhere anyway.

Nemo

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 09:25:29 AM »
LOL! Got 26" here at he redoubt.

The las TWP plow that went down our 2-track dirt road was at 2130 hrs lat night. I will wait till they go through again and then fire-up the the strategically positioned Kubta and start clearing snow.

CJS06, we were worried about our friends in RI loosing power. At least ya' got that going for you.

I will post a report about our weather event early this PM today.

Johny we were ready for power loss. I have a decent amount of fuel (gas and propane) for the generator.  I did a test run before the worst of the snow and wind came up.  The chainsaw has had a decent workout this fall. It seems like at least once a week we are getting hammered by a big wind event. This nor-easter was anti climactic in that way. I got a new snow blower (significantly up sized) and finished up the job. Thankfully I brought in a load of wood earlier this week. In the end we only got about 14" in Tiv.

Chris
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 09:27:45 AM by CJS06 »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 09:30:50 AM »
CJS06  :thumbsUp:  :cheers:

Rumor has it that RI's Governor Raimondo spent her time bar hopping during the snow storm with some sorority sisters from Brown. Or was that attending a wine and cheese party? :facepalm: