Author Topic: Regarding the News on the forum (an UnchainedPreppers)  (Read 1403 times)

Ghost

Regarding the News on the forum (an UnchainedPreppers)
« on: May 27, 2013, 01:38:45 PM »
News:As I (thatGuy) has explained in the past, if StraightPrep became a chore I would not shut it down but pass over ownership to one of the senior members of the forum. For the few that do not already know, I has decided to do just that. As of 12:00A ET June 1, 2013 (9:59P March 31, 2013) JohnyMac will be taking charge of the forum and its archives.

It is my desire to retain the domain name StraightPrep (Beans, Band-aides and bullets) for the project I am currently working on, Johnymac?s site will be called UnchainedPreppers which is a much more realistic name.

The StraightPrep achieves has been placed into a GoogleDrive and they are working out the particulars of how that information will be accessible. We are hopeful that the new crew will be able to get the archival info posted.

The plan as it stands,

May 31, 2013 at 9:59P MT StraightPrep will be locked.

March 31, 2013 10:00P MT anybody trying to sign onto SP will be directed to go to www.UnchainedPreppers.com/forum and login with your same name and password you used here at SP.

It is JohnyMac's intention to make UnchainedPreppers a mirror image of the existing StraightPrep site with the exception of some coloring and narrowing of the categories. In theory there should be little change in the beginning with some changes in the future that are driven by you, the forum members.

It is strongly recommended that once you have re registered to read the Vision and Mission Statement of UnchainedPreppers and offer enhancements to the board members who at this time are: APX808, Crudos, Rah45, Special-K, JohnyMac or thatGuy.  Yes I will be one of the Board of Directors of UnchainedPreppers it is not my intention to turn my back on you guys. The bonds that have been formed over the years are deep and meaningful and I would like to continue to share in the collective group experience.

JohnyMac will be in need of category moderators sooner than later, so if you are interested in helping out please drop him a PM once the UnchainedPreppers site goes live.

Between the time that StraightPrep closes and UnchainedPreppers goes live, please feel free to PM me or JohnyMac using StraightPrep, with any questions you might have.

And as always, God Bless you and your's, stay safe, stay sane.

thatGuy.

Rock on bro. I'm here to add any assistance that JM requires by me, or you for that matter, thatGuy.

Will it be possible to bring over some archived threads that we deem needed for the new site that have a load of info on it? Or should we start copying/pasting everything? Will we be able to access the site again sometime in the future? Or a locked out version in which only old members or mods of the new site can see?

Either way, I'm hurrying up to wait lol
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 06:16:49 PM by special-k »

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
Re: Regarding the News on the forum (an UnchainedPreppers)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 02:22:52 PM »
Hey Frosty,

We will be doing our level best to make sure the old posts/topics are brought to the new forum.

If that isn't possable we will figure out another way to make sure you guys still have access whether that be a CD, a public accessible dropbox or someother means. This is my pledge to you.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 03:05:14 PM »
I'm in charge of the technical aspects of the migration, and when you login to unchainedpreppers you'll be able to see the same posts and topics that you see here.

THE ONLY CHANGE YOU'LL NOTICE WILL BE THE URL, ALL THE STRAIGHTPREP.COM CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE AT UNCHAINEDPREPPERS.COM(UP)
YOU WONT NEED TO REGISTER AGAIN, THE USERS ARE BEING MIGRATED ALSO

New board has a similar but new theme and some interface improvements you'll discover when you login there.

I'll keep y'all updated on the migration process

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »
@TG:  I edited your newsletter to say "... and login with your same name and password you used here at SP."
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »
Have you migrated the users? i can't log in.
sic luceat lux

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »
Have you migrated the users? i can't log in.
No.  It should happen very soon.  Maybe today/tonight.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 07:01:04 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 08:46:52 PM »
well i don't think i'll make the transition

see yall on the other side
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 08:50:53 PM »

Huh?   ???

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 09:35:26 PM »
V0dka, as was written in ThatGuys Press Release; UnchainedPreppers will be live June 1, 2013. Please continue to use StraightPrep until then.

APX is the web guru and will have things pretty much ready to go by then.

Stay Frosty V0dka.  :)
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 09:38:26 PM »
Mountain Redneck wrote:

I hope what you are saying Mntn is you will see us on the other side at UnchainedPreppers. To loose a good guy because he doesn't want to even check out the new site would be a serious bummer.  ;)
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 09:39:36 PM »
Frosty, I love your enthusiasm! Rock on!

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 10:12:51 PM »
I would like to help out, but am extremely occupied right now. Maybe in the future, if need be. Are you going to stick around TG? You may have already indicated, and I missed it. I'm tired.LOL Anyway, you've done an excellent job, and have been a level headed professional the whole way. You have passed the torch to a well deserving man, in JM. Looks like an easy transition. (for us anyway. LOL) Thanks to both of you gentleman!

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 11:18:10 PM »
HJ, I will continue to be involved and have taken a seat on the board of directors. Its going to be just like straightprep only I won't be in the hot seat anymore!

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 01:44:44 AM »
HJ, I will continue to be involved and have taken a seat on the board of directors. Its going to be just like straightprep only I won't be in the hot seat anymore!

:-X sure ya won't big boy.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Ghost

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 08:26:59 AM »
Frosty, I love your enthusiasm! Rock on!

Someone has to pretend to be excited and ready to get their hands dirty ;D

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 10:38:05 AM »
I am excited Frost.

Alex1992

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 05:16:34 PM »
I started my new account ( same name) I love the site already but I'm gonna miss this one however I think we needed some change.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 05:20:05 PM »
@Alex1992 I'm glad you like the new site, we have many ideas to implement new things. Remember that after the migration you'll need to login using the straightprep.com user and password. You'll need to configure your profile again too, as current accounts at unchainedpreppers will be lost after the migration.

See ya there in a few days.

Alex1992

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 06:33:30 PM »
Done that APX just look for my name

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 08:58:17 PM »
APX, how is all that treating you?

It was a bitch to backup all that crap because godaddy only lets you move 20 megs around at a time.. Let me know if I left anything out.

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 09:30:59 PM »
Thanks TG, everything is working perfectly, there was an easier way exporting the DB from the board administration panel, but don't worry, is all good to go.

Special-K is giving me a big hand with the migration process, so thanks man  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

May 31th at 2200Z the migration starts so hopefully all straightprep.com users are able to login and start using unchainedpreppers.com on June 1st

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 09:57:49 PM »
Special-K is a hell of a dude for sure!

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 10:44:04 PM »
Special-K is a hell of a dude for sure!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:59:01 PM by special-k »

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 10:54:24 PM »
When I see people dressed like that I always think to myself that they are packing, and that they don't intend to pay for the half and half they just consumed.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 08:45:32 AM »
The Big Lebowski is in my top ten favorite movies!!!

Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?

The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Not trying to blow smoke up anybodies kilt here...Apx and Special-K are making it happen! I don't know what they are saying half the time though... ;)