Author Topic: We Did It - Absentee Ballots Ordered  (Read 613 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
We Did It - Absentee Ballots Ordered
« on: August 16, 2024, 10:01:01 AM »
I am opposed to absentee ballots without a good reason like, health, travel, etc. I am a big supporter that election day is a national holiday and 98% of the populous show up with valid ID's to vote. Well this year MrsMac and I are going absentee ballots. Why?

We do not trust the election system in Pennsylvania; Specifically, the electronic system. I like paper ballots where you have to prove you are a citizen. Well with a absentee ballot in PA. you have to prove via your drivers license that you are whom you say you are.

Add to the above, the DOJ and its agencies are warning of cyber attacks on November 5, 2024. What a great way for our enemies to insert mayhem into our political process. Enemies, Foreign & Domestic that is. An absentee ballot is paper and will be counted. It will not disappear into the ionosphere.

So there you go. What is your plan for election day November 5, 20204?

:popcorn:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: We Did It - Absentee Ballots Ordered
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2024, 10:17:25 AM »
In my County, we use a paper ballot and then insert it into a machine that is supposed to register that vote. If there needs to be some kind of recount, then the paper ballot is retrieved. So, I'll be using the poll to cast my ballot. Even then, I don't trust the system. If voter fraud carried the death penalty, then the cheating would slow wayyyyy down.

Offline Searchboss

• Novice Prepper
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2024, 11:14:04 AM »
I like your idea of election day becoming a national holiday to allow and encourage everyone to vote, but I am sure that a large number of people would use it for other purposes.

In Georgia, we have had to show a photo ID to vote for about 20 years now. Almost any state or federally-issued picture ID like a passport, driver's license, state ID, or federal picture ID works. They usually want the state ID which has a bar code on it and will automatically bring up your information when scanned.

For several years after they started the electronic registration process they required voters to fill out a paper registration form where they had to print their name and address TWICE on the same stupid form before signing it and presenting it to the registrar. Then they would check your identity and scan your state driver's license. They did not have to type your information into the system since it was already there. It always pissed me off that I had to stop and write my name and address TWICE. So, I presented my federal employee picture ID which required THEM to manually type my name into the system and look it up. Then they had to transfer the information into the voting registration system. After several years and many complaints, they finally figured out that this was stupid, redundant, and unnecessary and they stopped requiring voters to stop and write their name and address TWICE to register. Then, I started presenting my state driver's license for scanning which made the whole process much faster and smoother for everyone, not just the employees at the polling center. I know this seems petty, but I dislike bureaucracies taking advantage of people instead of making things easier for them. One thing I noted was that they are very precise about verifying that the photo matches the person presenting the ID before they scan the ID into the system.

We vote using an electronic voting machine, but once you have made your selections, the machine prints out your ballot and selections on card stock on a printer beside your voting booth. You then pick up your printed ballot, verify that your selections are accurate, and then hand carry it to the exit area where you are required to place the paper ballot into a scanner which then registers your vote. The idea is that they can use the paper ballots to verify votes during a recount should that become necessary. As everyone knows, that has happened, and the system, such as it is, works.

During the chinese virus pandemic, my wife and I voted using absentee ballots. Of course, you have to be registered first. That process also requires that you have a valid ID. When you submit your absentee ballot request, either online or via mail, you have to include your driver's license number on the form, or a copy of your ID if you mail it in. The process was straightforward and seemed to be as secure as can be without having someone look at you to verify you are who you purport to be. We used this process three times during the pandemic and had no issues.

This election we plan to vote in person. Georgia has about four weeks of early voting prior to the election day. We usually vote during this period to avoid crowds.

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2024, 12:17:17 PM »
Use the Federal Instant Background check as used for firearms purchases ( which is unconstitutional ).  After voting in 5 election cycles, give that voter a service rifle...   :gunner:   but maybe that's just me.

Prepper or Survivalist ?

A Prepper keeps survival rations for his pets.

A Survivalist  keeps pets as survival rations.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2024, 12:51:25 PM »
Use the Federal Instant Background check as used for firearms purchases ( which is unconstitutional ). After voting in 5 election cycles, give that voter a service rifle...   :gunner:   but maybe that's just me.

If you go that route than I suggest mandatory firearm training from K-12+. The training will focus on safety in the younger years and slowly advance to hands-on training and competition.
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2024, 01:08:34 PM »
Virginia uses paper ballots which are then collected when scanned and tabulated.  None of the machines are internet connected.

Per a report I recollect a few weeks ago.  Youngkin has made some changes to procedure to secure the machines and have a hard copy of every vote cast.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline DMCakhunter

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2024, 01:09:40 PM »
In person voting.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2024, 10:13:21 PM »
In Tennessee we have to have our drivers licenses scanned, and it?s cross checked with the voter registration records. Like Virginia, a paper ballot is generated and fed into a counter. Paper ballots are retained for verification.

I?ll be voting in person, the voting location is in a church, a couple of houses down the road, so I generally walk down to vote.

Offline RB in GA

• Committed prepper
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2024, 04:05:17 AM »
Same in Georgia Jackalope, except the church I vote at is 3 miles down the road

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2024, 07:54:45 AM »
Just make sure they don't find a could large boxes of uncounted ballots at 3am in downtown Atlanta.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2024, 11:26:09 AM »
IN PERSON.
For years, did mail-in, my work was dispatched daily and could find me hundreds of miles away from my polling place on an emergency call election day.
But now, retired... no need for that - and I'd like to see for myself how the system live-and-in-color works after all these years of being absent from it.
Looking forward to comparing notes (assuming we still have free access to a working internet)