Author Topic: New Video up  (Read 465 times)

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
New Video up
« on: May 02, 2018, 09:36:26 PM »
The FIRST video everyone should watch

https://www.bitchute.com/video/MBrQNWTaUJu3/
Every citizen should be a soldier.  This was the case for the Greeks and Romans ans must be that of every free state. - T Jefferson

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: New Video up
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 01:21:04 AM »
Watched!  :thumbsUp:

#colonelcooper
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 07:02:46 AM »
good rules!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 07:08:14 AM »
Good vid Currahee!  :bravo:

What kind of 'can' do you have on your rifle?

Taking a audio recording of a rifle being shot with a suppressor on it can be a challenge. The reason being - Most recording devises have a db governor of sorts that cuts out loud SUDDEN noises not unlike your electronic muffs. With this taken into mind as you watch this video, you can still tell the diminished db of the rifle with the suppressor.

Good stuff!  :cheers:   
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 08:41:12 AM »
Good vid Currahee!  :bravo:

What kind of 'can' do you have on your rifle?

Taking a audio recording of a rifle being shot with a suppressor on it can be a challenge. The reason being - Most recording devises have a db governor of sorts that cuts out loud SUDDEN noises not unlike your electronic muffs. With this taken into mind as you watch this video, you can still tell the diminished db of the rifle with the suppressor.

Good stuff!  :cheers:   

Yes, unless you really know what you are looking for, videos of cans don't tell you anything about the DB rating.  This can is a form 1 build, the thing that tells you how effective it is is the fact I'm not wearing earpro.  Most of the sound is the sonic crack.
Every citizen should be a soldier.  This was the case for the Greeks and Romans ans must be that of every free state. - T Jefferson

Online Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 10:11:23 AM »
A good reason to stock up on sub-sonic ammo.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 07:36:47 PM »
Yes and no Jackalope. To fire below the speed of sound round is great till you get past 100 yards or so. Anything past that you have to 'lob' a bullet in.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Online Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 08:51:34 PM »
Yeah, I got that.  My intended use for a suppressor is for "close" in work and target practice in the backyard, though it would be interesting to try a suppressor on either a 7.62 or .50 BMG rifle.  I can't justify the expense of a suppressor for a .50 BMG, since the money could be put towards ammo.  .22 LR sub-sonic ammo is relatively cheap. I definitely need to price out some 9mm sub-sonic.

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 10:50:45 PM »
Subsonic 5.56 won't cycle either.  To get a subsonic fighting rifle you have to jump to .300 Blackout, and I'm not willing to do that.

Close work suppressors are to confuse the enemy, not to keep them from knowing you are there.

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 11:11:45 PM »
The second video in the series is up

https://www.bitchute.com/video/AwvotfyfptkF/

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 07:04:02 AM »
Yeah Currahee, my experience is that sub-sonic (One Sunday afternoon only...LOL) is that the S-S round would not cycle my AR either. Also, if you read the fine print that comes with a 5.56 suppressor to NOT FIRE .22LR through your AR with your suppressor on.

1) Apparently, due in part to the low power of the .22LR, the round has a tendency to 'key hole'
    through the can, and
2) The .22LR round is inherently dirty and will foul your suppressor and bolt carrier quicker than 5.56.

Good video Currahee.  :cheers:

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 01:46:08 PM »
I don't think any subsonic 5.56 will drive an AR, my understanding is that was the impetuous for the development of the 300 blackout, which if you recall started out as the 300 "whisper"

I have a .22 can which has to be cleaned periodically.  I can tell you that .22LR grunges it up something fierce, but it's hard to get quieter than a subsonic .22 through a can.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 05:00:28 PM »
I don't think any subsonic 5.56 will drive an AR, my understanding is that was the impetuous for the development of the 300 blackout, which if you recall started out as the 300 "whisper"

I have a .22 can which has to be cleaned periodically.  I can tell you that .22LR grunges it up something fierce, but it's hard to get quieter than a subsonic .22 through a can.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I never bothered to do the math on Feet Per Second to see what was sub sonic. I came up with 1114 feet Per Second as being the sound barrier. It wouldn't be hard at all to use 1050 Feet Per Second 22 rounds and be quiet as a mouse and still have nail driving power at the target. I once tried shooting through a plastic POP bottle and it was just as loud as usual and I didn't take into account that the shock wave was making all the noise.