Author Topic: marksmanship fellas...  (Read 932 times)

goodnightChesty1775

marksmanship fellas...
« on: November 25, 2012, 01:30:23 AM »
COMBAT FOOTAGE: Soldiers Ambushed In Kunar Provence

here good marksmanship would have done our guys some real not-good...those fighters had them in Chinese ambush..they were bunched up to the max when the ambush was initiated, they reacted well from what i saw.

i would have told that reporter to shut the fuck up.

and before anyone really starts picking this to pieces know that alot was cut out...obviously. cause i started to pick at it lol.

and here is the yang to that video...acurate fire held down this squad(?, might have been more. def. more close by) for a good bit. made them shoot up a bunch of ammo. and well rehearsed 'breaking contact' they could have gotten out legit

FIREFIGHT ON HELMET CAM IN AFGHANISTAN - PART 1 | FUNKER530
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:14:26 AM by goodnightChesty1775 »

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: marksmanship fellas...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:47:41 AM »
on a lot of these that i have seen our guys are incredibly lucky the taliban cant shoot straight at all

makes you wonder what would happen if we ever had a real war  ???
Bursting bubbles since 2013

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 02:02:49 AM »
on a lot of these that i have seen our guys are incredibly lucky the taliban cant shoot straight at all

makes you wonder what would happen if we ever had a real war  ???

well from what they train us on in the field...most of the army would get fucked up..real bad. they think were cops or something..

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 02:34:36 AM »
another thing to ponder, our weapons cannot defeat any other real forces armor and vice versa, think of the fucking chaos when nobody's rifle will penetrate the enemies armor

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 04:26:34 AM »
My rifle will penetrate your armor. 
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 11:43:20 AM »

really, and just what caliber is that? ESAPI plates can stop a 30-06 ap round
unless your rocking a 338 lapua or bigger your fucked

Offline RS762

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »
Gentlemen, a gunshot wound is not a trivial thing.
Plates or no, you can still get FUCKED UP in a gunfight.

A 7.62 to the thigh, shoulder, neck, arm pretty much puts you out of the fight.
Cross your fingers and it might not nick an artery.

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 12:41:47 PM »
I'm with mountain on this. For a conventional war with hundreds of troops facing off we need to go back to the M14 or the Garand. The 5.56 has only served us reasonably well because our enemies have mainly been unarmoured and at close range since Vietnam. We should go back to Ww2 philosophy's where the M16 will fill the roll of the m1 carbine and the m14 will fill the roll of the Garand.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
  • Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 12:47:29 PM »
Now, once again I want to write this off as a hilarious bit of innuendo- more of a Freudian thrust, than a slip.  I don't know whether I'm getting the joke, or I'm making things into jokes because I don't know enough about weapons to have a mature conversation.

Seriously though, my rifle won't penetrate your armor, but it will penetrate you face.  Our boys sporting armor overseas would be in a lot worse shape if Hadji learned better shot placement and quit sprayin and prayin.

I agree RS762, a gunshot will at least earn you a sick day, maybe permanent...
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

You have freedom when you're easy in your harness.
Robert Frost

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 01:06:35 PM »
I've seen the first video you posted Chesty, I think the term your looking for is 'clusterfuck.'

There may or may not have been reasons why those guys were afraid to move but I didn't see anyone sweeping for mines and the ACU on Rangers suggests this was pretty early in the fight.

Speaking of Rangers, the Reporters panties weren't the only thing that was bunched up. One fucking morter....

All that said what bothered me most about that video was the Rangers inablity to identify the source of the incoming fire. The only reason they made it out is the shear volume of piss poor behavior that is par for the course in that part of the world.

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »
I've seen the first video you posted Chesty, I think the term your looking for is 'clusterfuck.'

There may or may not have been reasons why those guys were afraid to move but I didn't see anyone sweeping for mines and the ACU on Rangers suggests this was pretty early in the fight.

Speaking of Rangers, the Reporters panties weren't the only thing that was bunched up. One fucking morter....

All that said what bothered me most about that video was the Rangers inablity to identify the source of the incoming fire. The only reason they made it out is the shear volume of piss poor behavior that is par for the course in that part of the world.

well that was the 101st...a few of them might have been Rangers..but it wasnt a Ranger Bat.

and im sure alot of movement and communication was edited out of the video..

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 04:28:03 PM »

Now, once again I want to write this off as a hilarious bit of innuendo- more of a Freudian thrust, than a slip.  I don't know whether I'm getting the joke, or I'm making things into jokes because I don't know enough about weapons to have a mature conversation.

Seriously though, my rifle won't penetrate your armor, but it will penetrate you face.  Our boys sporting armor overseas would be in a lot worse shape if Hadji learned better shot placement and quit sprayin and prayin.

I think you may be the only one to get the joke....

[img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at I think it slipped right best redneck.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 09:05:32 PM »
I'm with mountain on this. For a conventional war with hundreds of troops facing off we need to go back to the M14 or the Garand. The 5.56 has only served us reasonably well because our enemies have mainly been unarmoured and at close range since Vietnam. We should go back to Ww2 philosophy's where the M16 will fill the roll of the m1 carbine and the m14 will fill the roll of the Garand.

nope, 7.62 nato and 30-06 black tip have no more luck at penetrating than the 5.56 they just have all the extra drawbacks that the 5.56 resolved

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »

good luck hitting the face......

the thing is, when people are in combat and they dont take a incapacitating shot, hip, head, knee, upper thoracic cavity
they generally tend to keep fighting, some dont even know they been hit, ask most combat vets

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 10:51:43 PM »
I heard me a shotgunner in that second video.  [img]http://www.smileydesign.n

Honestly if these taliban were crazy mofo's they could easily just flank those dudes around the the back of that first building on the left and lob a few grenades or an RPG or some shit in there from 20 ft away. How these guys stay put so confidently with so many blind spots is crazy. My first instinct would be that the dudes shooting at us is just keeping our heads down while the other guys move in on us. Its a natural instinct to think your being flanked constantly. But fuck in this case its so easy.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 11:06:01 PM »
You're correct on both accounts but edits or not in 8:50 you should have seen more communication that you did.

Check out the way the English are doing it. I find myself more hopeful and less frustrated watching Royal Marines, Mission Afghanistan.

Royal Marines: Mission Afghanistan: Episode 1 - Deadly Underfoot