General Category > General Discussion

Movie Review: Civil War - by Forward Observer

<< < (2/3) > >>

JohnyMac:
Well now...Thank you Jackalope for a thought provoking review.

Okay, sounds like a matinee with a senior discount to me. Probably on a rainy day to boot.

Question Jackalope, what did the audience think around you if you could observe or hear them?
 :popcorn:

Jackalope:
    Johny, we went Friday afternoon, so it was a matinee, maybe 6 of us in the theater.  We were near the middle of the theater, and everyone else was seated behind us, so I didn't get an opportunity to observe them.  The audio was very loud, especially near the end, and in real life, it would have been even louder (for those who have experienced firing inside buildings).  So we wouldn't have heard much else.  It was one of those Regal theaters in Knoxville, with something like 18 screens.  F'ing previews took about a half hour, I was getting frustrated because there were so many of them, and we're not planning on seeing any of the films based on the previews.

grizz:

--- Quote from: Jackalope on April 28, 2024, 06:13:09 PM ---    Johny, we went Friday afternoon, so it was a matinee, maybe 6 of us in the theater. We were near the middle of the theater, and everyone else was seated behind us, so I didn't get an opportunity to observe them.  The audio was very loud, especially near the end, and in real life, it would have been even louder (for those who have experienced firing inside buildings).  So we wouldn't have heard much else.  It was one of those Regal theaters in Knoxville, with something like 18 screens.  F'ing previews took about a half hour, I was getting frustrated because there were so many of them, and we're not planning on seeing any of the films based on the previews.

--- End quote ---

I need to be seated in the last row or I end up getting fidgety

JohnyMac:
 :thumbsUp: Jackalope!

Cracked Prepper:
Kurt Schlichter had an excellet review on this film.  Very worthwhile reading:

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2024/04/18/that-civil-war-movie-is-a-symptom-of-hollywoods-problems/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version