Author Topic: Dammitol I Missed The Birthday  (Read 347 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Dammitol I Missed The Birthday
« on: February 20, 2021, 05:50:26 PM »
And am near a week late.  Dammitol ! ! !

On February 14th, in 1911, John Moses Browning was granted the patent for the 1911 automatic pistol in .45 acp.

Nemo

http://www.frfrogspad.com/jmb.htm
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Dammitol I Missed The Birthday
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 05:54:47 PM »
And as we all must remember.

Nemo

http://www.frfrogspad.com/jmb.htm
The Gospel According To John (Moses Browning)

John Moses Browning was perhaps the finest firearms designer, ever.  His designs continue to work and to serve almost 100 years after they were created.  There is an ongoing controversy about the reliability and safety of current 1911s vs. other "modern" pistols and I think this about sums the situation up.

JMB
January 23, 1855 – November 26, 1926

jmblogo (2k gif)
As translated from the original ancient manuscripts by Fr. Frog.
© copyright 2002, 2015, 2018 by John C. Schaefer

1.  In the beginning was the 1911, and the 1911 was THE pistol, and it was good.  And behold the Lord said, "Thou shalt not muck with my disciple John's design for it is good and it workith.  For John made the 1911, and lo all of his weapons, from the designs which I, the Lord, gave him upon the mountain."

2.  "And shouldst thou muck with it, and hang all manner of foul implements upon it, and profane its internal parts, thou shalt surely have malfunctions, and in the midst of battle thou shalt surely come to harm."

3.  And as the ages passed men in their ignorance and arrogance didst forget the word of the Lord and began to profane the 1911.  The tribe of the gamesman did place recoil spring guides and extended slide releases upon the 1911 and their metal smiths didst tighten the tolerances and alter parts to their liking, their clearness of mind being clouded by lust.

4.  Their artisans did hang all manner of foul implements upon the 1911 and did so alter it that it became impractical to purchase.  For lo, the artisans didst charge a great tax upon the purchasers of the 1911 so that the lowly field worker could not afford one. And the profaning of the internal parts didst render it unworkable when the dust of the land fell upon it,  and these profaners didst try and fit more rounds of ammunition into the magazines than the holy number of seven, appointed for the .45.

5.  And lo, they didst install adjustable sights, which are an abomination unto the Lord.  For they doth break and lose their zero when thou dost need true aim.  And those who have done so will be slain in great numbers by their enemies in the great battle. a

6.   And it came to pass that the Lord didst see the abomination wrought by man and didst cause, as he had warned, fearful malfunctions to come upon the abominations and upon the artisans who thought they could do no wrong.

7.   Seeing the malfunctions and the confusion of men, the lord of the underworld did see an opportunity to further ensnare man and didst bring forth pistols made of plastic, whose form was such that they looked and felt like a brick, yet the eyes of man being clouded, they were consumed by the plastic pistol and did buy vast quantities of them.

8.  And being a deceitful spirit, the lord of the underworld did make these plastic pistols, filled with tiny springs and parts that were easily lostc, and they were unmenable to the artisans of earth so they were unable to muck much with the design, and lo these pistols did appear to function.

9.  And the evil one also brought forth pistols in which the trigger didst both cock and fire them and which require a "dingus" to make them appear safe.

10. But man being stupid did not understand these new pistols and didst proceed to shoot themselves with the plastic pistol and with the trigger cocking pistols for lo their manual of arms required great intelligence which man had long since forsaken.  Yet man continue to gloat over these new pistols blaming evil forces for the negligent discharges which they themselves had committed.

11. And when man had been totally ensnared with the plastic pistol, the lord of the underworld didst cause a plague of the terrible Ka-Boom to descend upon man and the plastic pistols delivered their retribution upon men.  And there was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth in the land.

12. Then seeing that the eyes of man were slowly being opened and that man was truly sorrowful for his sinful misdeeds, the Lord did send his messengers in the form of artisans who did hear and obey the teachings of the prophet and who didst restore the profaned 1911s to their proper configuration, and lo, to the amazement of men they didst begin to work as the Lord had intended.

13. And the men of the land didst drive out the charlatans and profaners from the land, and there was joy and peace in the land, except for the evil sprits which tried occasionally to prey on the men and women of the land and who were sent to the place of eternal damnation b by the followers of John.

a  Several old manuscripts add the following text. "And they [also rendered as "these men"] didst chamber it for cartridges who's calibers startith with numbers less than the Holy Number 4.  And lo the Lord did cause great grief amongst these men when their enemies who were struck in battle with these lesser numbers didst not fall but did continue to cause great harm."

b or Hell

c recent addition based on a recently discovered manuscript

© copyright 2002 - 2018 by John C. Schaefer

For the faithful, the "feast day" of St. John Moses Browning is January 23.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 05:56:32 PM by Nemo »

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 05:57:31 PM »
And there is the answer to the non-believers who think  .  .   ..

Nemo

... But it's an outdated design

"Of course the 1911 is an outdated design. It came from an era when weapons were designed to win fights; not to avoid product liability lawsuits. It came from an era when it was the norm to learn how your weapon operated and to practice that operation until it became second nature; not to design the piece to the lowest common denominator. It came from an era in which our country tried to supply its fighting men with the best tools possible, unlike today, when our fighting men and women are issued hardware that was adopted because of international deal making or the fact that the factory is some well-connected congressman's district. Yes, beyond a shadow of a doubt the 1911 IS an outdated design ... and that's exactly what I like about it." -- Rosco Benson

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 09:23:06 PM »
A pox upon you!  True enlightenment lies within the pages of "The Glock Grimoire".   :stir:
Show content
grimoire:
[ greem-wahr ]
*noun
A manual of magic or witchcraft used by witches and sorcerers.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:41:26 PM by special-k »
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 10:03:37 AM »
I gave up plastic guns at age 10.

Nemo   :cowboy:

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 06:14:08 PM »
I gave up plastic guns at age 10.

Nemo   :cowboy:

My glocks have preformed flawlessly for tens of thousands of rounds, dirt grime and filth

My 1911 cant get through a box of 50 without a jam, I've yet to see one in person that can...
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 06:51:49 PM »
I am a fan of the plastic fantastic varieties for their utility ( I prefer M&Ps to Glocks ).  That said they are just missing that "something" that you get with a 1911 (2011) or BHP.  As far as reliability, the myth about glock being perfect and 1911s being terrible is so over done I'm beyond sick of it.  I have multiple 1911 platforms that run like sewing machines, including one i havnt fully cleaned in over 5k rounds. I keep it lubed and it runs perfectly.  I have enough confidence in it that it is my primary sidearm.

Comparing a $500 1911 to a $500 Glock is  apples and oranges.  A 1911 is a full machined gun that requires more man hours to complete and assemble. Labor is the major factor  in any BOM.  A $500 1911 is more like a $299 econo plastic pistol. At the same time you dont need to spend $1000s to get a reliable 1911.  My Kimber is a $900ish gun that is as reliable as any Glock I have been around with a trigger that a Glock could only wish for.  My Triarcs are a little over $2k each, but they are reliable, go to weapons that I will also eventually be handed down to my kids and maybe someday grand kids. There isnt a Glock made that will take the kind of generational wear that a 1911 will and still be a family heirloom. I still shoot my 1918 mfg 1911 and it just runs. 

Dont hate on the Glock or the 1911.

Chris
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 06:58:40 PM by CJS06 »

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 07:30:09 PM »
Its been my experience that 1911 like certain ammo for whatever reason while glocks will eat anything on the market.

Yep I like the feel and trigger on the 1911 slightly more than the glock but I carry what I carry for reliability and it will go bang and hit what I'm looking at WHENEVER I need it to and without fault. I just cant trust the 1911 for that every day of the week. Heck I could get some lint stuck under the hammer while drawing and that will prevent it from working.
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c