Author Topic: Maryland Power Outage 01JUN23 @ 15:30 local  (Read 279 times)

Offline Sir John Honeybucket

• Committed prepper
Maryland Power Outage 01JUN23 @ 15:30 local
« on: June 01, 2023, 06:41:35 PM »
A large power outage right now and past few hours in Annapolis , Maryland and into Baltimore, Md.  Reports vary from 40,000 to over 70,000 customers without power.  Reports also vary as to cause,: online I've read everything from CBS Baltimore reporting a 'blown transformer' to 'eye witness who report seeing a boad drag anchor and the sparks.  , so basically, we dunno...  So, how long until the looting and burning starts in Baltimore? The State bird is a vulture.

de Sir John Honeybucket
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Maryland Power Outage 01JUN23 @ 15:30 local
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 11:49:25 PM »
Hmmmm..... That's a bit coincidental. Yesterday, we had the power drop out and come back. Then late this afternoon, we had it do the same thing. Power dropped out for about 1 or 2 seconds. We had a very short bit of rain for about 5 minutes but it was not at the same time as the power drop. Definitely no wind and no lightning. In the past, we have had trees touch power lines in our area and knock out the power but about 3 weeks ago a tree service company came through and cleared every possible tree/power problem. I did hear a snipet or two on the news that we should expect power outages and or brownouts this summer. As usual, they didn't say what would be causing them.

• Committed prepper
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 02:09:22 AM »
Coincidentally, we had a power station fire three weeks ago. It never got a story in the local paper.  You'd think that would be big news.
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 07:44:13 AM »
1) What a great opportunity for when the power drops out to try out your preps. Then to fix the weaknesses of your system.
2) There is a lot of noise out there that the power grid is only a hack away.
3) Just think of all the military age single men coming across the border. Prepare for sabotage of the power grid as well as other
    infrastructure.

Thinking An EMP Drops - What Is Your Plan?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
  • Hunter, grower, brewer, distiller.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2023, 08:52:48 AM »
Power went out here also yesterday, stayed off for several hours - no bad weather anywhere neat - and the land-line phone was dead too.   Cell towers still functioned.
If operators of the grid were dealing with "something", I'm so sure we'd hear all about it from the MSM's comprehensive coverage.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2023, 11:34:25 PM »
  So, how long until the looting and burning starts in Baltimore?

de Sir John Honeybucket

That is daily activities of 80% of the population.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

• Committed prepper
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2023, 09:26:48 PM »
Nemo sez: " That is daily activities of 80% of the population. "

yes, well -   Consistency counts for something, I suppose. They did beat-out Chicago for murders a time or two also, and that's something to print on a sports jersey.
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2023, 08:47:30 AM »
Over this past Memorial Day Weekend, I think Philly beat out Chicago with weapon violence.

There is a nice sloth of mayhem starting in Richmond VA. then running north east: D.C., Baltimore, Philly/Camden. Just think what will happen when the power grid shits the bed. The roads will be flooded with refugees in all directions not unlike the detonation of a grenade with similar devastation.

Then for kicks and giggles add, the New York Metro area (North east NJ, South NY, South West Connecticut).

Without taking the time to do the math, my best guess is that area from Northern VA. to SW CT. makes up 20-25% of the countries population or 70-90 million people. OUCH! 

:popcorn:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2023, 10:12:33 AM »
IF worst case comes down upon us, the stench of death will be hard to evade.  Perhaps impossible.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2023, 10:46:48 AM »
Nationwide power outtage map.

Nemo

https://poweroutage.us/
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

• Committed prepper
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2023, 01:27:31 PM »
A crime corridor runs straight up highway 95, from at least Richmond, Va. through NYC area.  When I lived aboard the sailboat, my plan was to go offshore, watch the pillars of smoke and not return to shore to resupply for at least 6 months.  If needed, find some out of the way place to call my new home in a country that has nothing to do with it.  Santa Helena, Iceland, or on the Bahia Doe Patos bay waaay down south.  That's all gone, but it was a great life, living aboard my Bug-Out-Boat.

73 de Sir John Honeybucket
Defender of the Garden
                &
Tapper of Morse Code

Offline Felix

• Committed prepper
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2023, 08:43:16 PM »
"That's all gone, but it was a great life, living aboard my Bug-Out-Boat."

Sir John, question (s), if you please?
Do you have a "water maker" aboard, parts and know-how to fix if needed?
Honest estimate, best guess on what might need replacing/maintenance, how much time before likely forced landing (with hope of a chandler having what's needed and accepting whatever payment you can offer)?
How many jurisdictions hosting anchorage without hassle within sailing distance?
Not an idle query.    My brother is establishing a second home on the gulf coast of Florida (now lives in Sacrament, CA)    And yes, I did make my living crewing out of Kodiak, fishing for several years, once dreamed of sailing the Pacific Rim.   Is "escape by sea" a long-term, viable option if things go to Hell in a handbasket?